PDA

View Full Version : Mage Mage needs some help

Reioko
09-01-2011, 03:52 PM
So ive done arcane, Ive done fire, Im even rolling a frost spec at the moment. The best im averaging is 15k the worst is 10k at the end of boss fights(Cept the frost spec havent raided that yet but managed 13-15k on training dummy). My guildmates and myself feel im rolling too low on the dps, but im at a loss as to how to fix it.

My Armry: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/velen/Reioko/advanced
On a note: I also have Theralions Mirror and Moonwell Chalace available

Reforges: Ive spent a fortune in gold tryin out different options
Arcane: Ive tried Mastery>Haste>Crit as well as Haste>Mastery>Crit dosent change much
Frost: Ive tried Haste>Crit>Mastery and Crit>Haste>Mastery
Fire: Ive tried Haste>Crit>Mastery and Crit>Haste>Mastery

Any help would be appreciated as were workin on ragnaros at the moment and i need to find another 5k somehwere :s

mielikinna
09-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Use a simulator program like rawr (http://elitistjerks.com/rawr.php) to simulate your gear and optimum reforges/enchants. I'd push to get 4 piece, there's no reason not to have it unless your guild is stingy w/ vanq tokens.

Other than that, I'd seriously look at your spell usage.

leethaxor
09-01-2011, 05:05 PM
That low of dps sounds like you are doing something fundamentally wrong with your rotation.

Would you mind explaining your dps rotation please?

Reioko
09-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Ya. Its the standard Arcane Burn/regen phases. Spam arcane blast till 30% then pop evocate then arcane blast till 4 stacks and barrage or Arcane missle's proc whichever comes first. i time arcane power to coincide with burn phase and bloodlust but i always pop it on burn. i try to also use my mana crystal right before i pop arcane power as well. on a note just finished staghelm and pulled 18k. still not where i want it im 10k short from Rawr.

mielikinna
09-02-2011, 06:44 AM
First problem. Its not AB til 4 stacks then barrage or missiles. Its keep your mana above 95% as much as possible.

On the pull. Prepot/Flame Orb, ABx3, PoM, AB, Mana Gem, Trinkets, AP, Images, then Burn to 30%. Evocate. Maintain mana above 95%. You may dip to 90% when things like power torrent or lightweave proc, that's ok. Use Flame Orb to proc arcane missiles to keep your mana up. When Mana Gem is off CD (NOT AP!) do your next burn, stacking as many CD's as possible (ABx3, PoM, AB, Gem, Trinkets, AP) and burn. Save your second pot for heroism (if it wasn't used on the pull) or for your third burn phase, when Images is off CD so that you get maximum benefit.

Staghelm is not a good fight, I'd look more at Baleroc. With all the leaping and runtime, I'd expect staghelm to be lower.