PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Frost dk hit

Astraios
08-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Hey all

i have a frost DK dps whit 1 handed, in my guild that goes all out for hit. aint this wrong should you not just get 8 % hit than go for str. ? or is there some benefit by getting hard hit cap ? atm he have 18 % hit that aint even close to the hard hit cap?

Astraios

swelt
08-16-2011, 05:36 AM
http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t125291-frost_dps_4_2_against_all_odds/#Stat_Priorities

EJ agrees with you, 8% is enough after which hit is low priority.

Charon
09-04-2011, 04:15 AM
For a DK, anything higher than 8% is just white damage. it infuriates me to see "Miss" show up in white, but then my obliterate goes through the roof and I don't feel so bad anymore. Pretty sure it's just enhance shaman that need to go above 8% (Correct me if I'm wrong, Ret Pally) due to the sheer amount of spell damage involved compared to other melee classes. Even DW DKs can get away with the 8% soft cap since the only spell attacks they use are Icy Touch and/or Howling Blast.

Airowird
09-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Some DKs prefer the Quality of Life of having the spell hit cap (do they even need it?), but realisticly as melee you'll want to hit yellow cap + expertise cap & then go for whatever is best (usually haste or mastery).

PS: The Enhancement Shaman is indeed the exception that would want to hit spellhit cap atleast, mostly because their white hits provide a larger portion of their DPS than other melee.

klausi
09-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Some DKs prefer the Quality of Life of having the spell hit cap (do they even need it?), but realisticly as melee you'll want to hit yellow cap + expertise cap & then go for whatever is best (usually haste or mastery).
Runic Focus (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=61455) nets 9% spellhit so you'll be spell-hit-capped (17%) when you reach your style hit cap*.

* = Afair that's not true for DW frost due to their tier 1 talent nerves of cold stell providing only 3% melee hit, not 3% spell hit. But i might be mistaken here.