PDA

View Full Version : Warrior T12: 2pc or 4pc for Prot?

Arothand
08-07-2011, 06:13 AM
I'm trying to plan out upgrades as my new guild forays into Firelands (Beth down last night! Woot! Scrub compared to most of you but 2/7 when the guild has just been formed for a few weeks isn't too shabby). I've seen conflicting things about if our 4pc bonus is worth getting; the 2pc seems amazing and a given, but I figure if I don't need the 4pc then I can get, perhaps:

Chest from Beth
Shoulders from Alys
T12 gloves
T12 legs
Helm from Baleroc

But if the 4pc is good I will work towards that. I see some conflicts of opinion about what our actual "BiS" list is, and there's some leeway for certain fights.

What do you all think? 2pc is a given, is 4pc worth looking at?

klausi
08-07-2011, 06:54 AM
+ aquiring 4 piece is regulary easier then hoping for certain drops
- only real downside is you'll end up lower on pure mastery when going for 4 piece

If you mention shoulders from Alysrazor you shouldn't ignore Shannox trousers. If you're interested in upping your overall avoidance values those items and the tier chest are of high value. In BiS gear you can wear Offhelmet, -shoulders, -chest and -trousers and still sit at 102.4% combat table coverage with about 33% avoidance combined. Or you could go for 4 piece, sitting at about 1% less avoidance combined passively but trump that with the setbonus 1/3 of the time.

tl;dr - 4 piece is pretty good with any gear combination and regulary easier to accquire, go for it (well unless you trip about several offpieces on your way that'd get shared otherwise).

Destruyen
08-07-2011, 07:11 AM
pretty sure the rag shoulders are better than the alysrazor ones...