PDA

View Full Version : Tanking TANK question

Texan81
07-24-2011, 08:17 PM
I was told that i take too much damage in a troll heroic just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything.I don't think i am here is my armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kaelthas/Terrorazz/simple

uglie
07-24-2011, 10:36 PM
I would use the TB resist trinket and the crab from ToT with the dodge reforged to mastery. I'm not seeing anything that's outrageously wrong but i would put a 40 mastery gem in the alch trinket since 10 crit makes an unmeasurable difference in threat. Even going with a mastery trinket and the worm would be an good option.

The rep boots from twilight highlands would be a better option.

Spec is good, though i would have gag order for dungeons but thats just personal preference and has nothing to due with survival directly.

Other than minor tweaks, it was more than likely just a bad healer.

Loganisis
07-24-2011, 11:40 PM
"take too much damage" is usually 1 or more of 3 things:

1. Positioning issues, either not getting out of stuff, leaving yourself in a bad position, or getting caught somehow with your pants down.

2. Mistakes gearing. Not enough mastery for a warrior, not reforging, wrong gems, etc. Choosing 'higher' ilvl gear over better gear (though anymore it's usually just a slight side-grade down)

3. Not using CDs correctly. Either too early, or not often enough, and not understanding how to max their usefullness.

In this case, there's a few things for gear (#2) but nothing extreme that makes me think it's either some combination of 1 and 3 or like uglie said, a healer issue.

It would help if you told us which bosses you've received this comment for? How do you general use your CDs? Are you keeping Demo Shout and TC up? Gearwise it looks like you've done your homework, which usually means 1 and 3 aren't issues either.

But it's not something we can tell just from an armory. Your gear looks pretty good (a few hybrids in yellow, prismatics), there's nothing there that would point to a problem.

Texan81
07-25-2011, 08:07 AM
It was the boss that does the hold a party member in air and then does the lightening and you stand in the shadow.I forget his name at the moment. I Have The tb trinket. Do you really think worm and tb trinket better than alchemy trinket I been having a hard time convincing myself to let go of the mastery and stam i get from alchemy trinket.I don't have gag order because I think it is wasted for a raiding spec and I tank my guilds raids but the other tank does not have a dps spec so I had to get rid of my dual protection spec even though I think for 5 man's gag order would be great .

Sent from my Dell Streak

Sent from my Dell Streak

Loganisis
07-25-2011, 10:25 AM
It was the boss that does the hold a party member in air and then does the lightening and you stand in the shadow.I forget his name at the moment. I Have The tb trinket. Do you really think worm and tb trinket better than alchemy trinket I been having a hard time convincing myself to let go of the mastery and stam i get from alchemy trinket.I don't have gag order because I think it is wasted for a raiding spec and I tank my guilds raids but the other tank does not have a dps spec so I had to get rid of my dual protection spec even though I think for 5 man's gag order would be great .

Sent from my Dell Streak

Sent from my Dell Streak

You're moving under the guy in the air with everyone else, right?

I'd take the TB over the alch trinket. Mirror of Broken Images is a +100 mastery gain, and raid buffed, the on-use can lead to magic damage being reduced by 40-60% (given the slightly RNG way of how resistance works).

In a low-magic fight, the alch trinket is probably better. But if you have burst magic, the TB trinket is giving you almost 1% block/crit block and can really triviualize incoming magic damage.

Texan81
07-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Yes I am moving under the guy with everyone else

Sent from my Dell Streak

Loganisis
07-25-2011, 11:12 AM
And the healer is saying you're taking too much damage? That' doesn't make sense. You're geared well, everything seems to be in place. You're following the mechanics. It's looking more like what uglie said.

Was this a one-time healer complaint?

Texan81
07-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Yes this was a one time complaint by a pugged healer and my guild healers never complain I just wasn't sure if guildees were to nice to tell me I was screwing something up I don't pug very often

Sent from my Dell Streak

uglie
07-25-2011, 12:31 PM
as a warrior on that fight you can time your cleaves and TC ( to spread rend) to hit the little birds swooping down and proc victory rush constantly throughout the fight.

Yeah since it was a pug healer i would say it's just a bad healer expecting to be carried through a troll.So i wouldn't worry about it til your guild healers start complaining.