PDA

View Full Version : Tanking majordomo staghelm

NemisisDreadmaul
07-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Hey guys,

Just some advice, my group tried majordomo for the first time tonight and i was getting my ass kicked, i was taking so much damage and the healers could barley keep up, safe to say that the main reason we didn't progress much tonight is the fact that i just couldn't stay alive, i was trying everything i could think of.

our best attempts were 45-50% which we managed to do a fair few times, the group is really good and we picked the strat up really fast, my healers are fairly decent all tho we are all a bit under geared for the teir, i was thinking that maybe my gear just isn't up to what it should be for this fight.

My armory link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dreadmaul/N%C3%A9m%C3%A9sis/simple

I should also probably add, i died mostly in the cat phase which i understand is high damage to start with, i was checking the hits and i was taking 20-35k with 45-55k spikes, is that norms ?

We were pushing for 5 stacks of adreneline and taking each phase to about 5 each, i was using CD's at around 3 or 4 stacks.

Darksend
07-24-2011, 09:14 AM
First of all, I am not sure which forum this belongs in (probably the halp forum over this or the t12 forum) but definitely not this one

second, you are giving us a link to armory and no other information. From that, yes your gear is definitely a bit low (1-2 more firelands pieces) for the fight.

We cannot help you beyond saying that.

When are you dieing, scorpion? cat? the transition? Are you getting 1shot in scorpion because you have 3-4 cats up? That is a DPS problem then. Are people not soaking properly in scorpion and you are taking more damage from lash than you should be and dieing to subsequent melee swings? Are healers getting leaped on in cat form and just not able to recover? have them call it out if they get leapt on and save a cooldown for those situations.

You really need to give us more than what you did.

Krenian
07-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Moved to Halp as it belongs more in the Halp section instead of T12 boss discussions. Might wanna change your title as well because I can understand this is more of a talking of one boss in particular, but your question pertains more to your gear than anything. =)

NemisisDreadmaul
07-24-2011, 09:42 AM
yeah sorry i'll post in the right section next time.

- I am dying to cat melee hits, mostly when there is 1 or 2.
- dps seems to be keeing up fine, we only get 2 when we reach around 5 stacks of adreneline.
- our healer makup is Hpriest/shammy/pally
- the pally was focused on me while the other to were on raid while the Hpriest threw me some when needed.

i was thinking of getting the Hpriest to focus on me more during the cat phase, what ya think ?

Lohk
07-24-2011, 09:52 AM
There shouldn't be more than 1 cat up at any given time.

Because of the high tank damage for the fight, it's best to have 2 healers on the tank during cat phase. However, you may have issues when Orbs come out, since the healers will be stretched a bit thinner. Try it with two healers focusing on you. If they can't keep you up; keep the raid up during orbs, I'd lean towards a healer problem.

NemisisDreadmaul
07-24-2011, 11:00 AM
yup thanks, i think thats what i needed to hear, pretty sure if i have t healers on me during that phase (dunno why i didn't try that) i should be fine.

Thanks

aresius
07-24-2011, 11:40 AM
One basic thing that i think may be valid to ask:
Are you making sure your not getting hit by the adds on your back? Every time the boss pounces someone i turn the add around so when he runs back to me, both hit me by front. Im quite sure that getting hit on your back will be lethal. And on my group we make sure there are never more then 1 add and the boss at a time.

Loganisis
07-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Are you making sure your not getting hit by the adds on your back? Every time the boss pounces someone i turn the add around so when he runs back to me, both hit me by front. Im quite sure that getting hit on your back will be lethal. And on my group we make sure there are never more then 1 add and the boss at a time.

^ Key. Make sure everyone splits in front of you, and you may need to turn slightly on leaps. Keep the cats in front.

NemisisDreadmaul
07-24-2011, 01:24 PM

Yeah i never turn my back to an add or anything if it can be helped, tanking 101, i also do exactly the same thing you described there.