PDA

View Full Version : Healing restro druid- 1 hand / off hanf or 2h staff??

PaRpEd
07-19-2011, 01:09 AM
im playing a restro druid in fl and loving it and finding healing wise atm not much of a problem, one thing that is bothering me is whether or not i should be going for 1h and off hand combo or staying with a staff....??

mana and mana regen is not a problem for me at all, so i feel i have the choice to play around with my stats a little just to make it all little more..

so any advice here ?? what are other restro druid doing ??

Theßeave
07-19-2011, 04:58 AM
As a retired PvE Resto Druid, I always preferred the staves. Although they seem slightly more difficult to come by, the stats seem to outway the dagger/OH set-up. Even in PvP I stick to the trusty stave. I am not pro, and never will be, but 5yrs of game play has to mean something.:o

Quinafoi
07-20-2011, 11:06 AM
As a very general rule...

Assuming all items are the same item level and secondary stat allocation is similar, one-handed weapon with an off-hand item will be better than a staff. However if you have a lower item level one-handed weapon or off-hand item then the staff is better because it treats both slots at the higher item level.

This doesn't take into account specific stat differences on the items. For example a Spirit/Haste item is of more value if your highest priority is haste than a Crit/Mastery item.

In the end, what is best will come down to an actual comparison of the stats of the specific items in question.