PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Gear link, help!

Lesault
07-18-2011, 01:51 PM
I've done some forum searching, and chatting with other tanks on kt. I attempted to use the parry:dodge +mastery graph as well. I seem to be doing ok in zg/za, but the time has come to look towards raiding. I've been away far too long to understand stat priority, but I do hear Mastery quite often. Take a look, and possibly point me in the right direction. The shoulders? I know.. pauldrons of sacrifice hate me right now! Ditto on the hit gem.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Lesault/advanced

I would also like to know if http://www.wowhead.com/item=62432 (gryphon rider boots) are a better choice due to the high amount of mastery.

Thanks a bunch
Les

Loganisis
07-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Mastery / (Parry/Dodge) > Mastery (lots) / (Hit/exp) > Parry / Dodge (esepcially if one is 2x the other) > Mastery (low) / (Hit/exp)...

Hit/Exp are near worthless... don't use precision enchant on your wrist. Use dodge.

Enchants you're missing = ~1 additional piece of gear. Get yo enchants!

Windwalker > Mending > everything for tanking. Some may choose the Cata weapon chain... but it's not much one way or the other

For reforging, askmrrobot seems to be the easiest to understand and use that I've looked at (RAWR and wowreforge being the others).

Gems:

Prismatic or DPS Socket bonus = 40 mastery
Yellow = 40 Mastery
Blue = 20 mastery / 30 stam
Red = 20 parry / 20 mastery

Lesault
07-18-2011, 05:36 PM
So assuming I re-check gems, and enchants, and also pick up my pauldrons of sacrifice. Gryphon master boots, loss of 43 parry 149 dodge, or Pyrelord greaves addition of 159 mastery 6 strength?

Thanks again
Les

Loganisis
07-18-2011, 10:35 PM
So assuming I re-check gems, and enchants, and also pick up my pauldrons of sacrifice. Gryphon master boots, loss of 43 parry 149 dodge, or Pyrelord greaves addition of 159 mastery 6 strength?

Thanks again
Les

I'm not sure what you're asking...

Lesault
07-19-2011, 04:47 AM
My question was in my first post. Which boots would be a better fit? Pyrelord Greaves or Gryphon Rider Boots. The latter of which I have equipped at the moment. They are a big mastery bonus but I do miss out on 43 parry and 22 stamina. ThanksLes

Fetzie
07-21-2011, 02:33 AM
big mastery boost >>>>> small amount of stamina and parry rating IMO