PDA

View Full Version : DPS Class Advice

Abir
07-14-2011, 08:49 PM
For Tier 11, I've played a Hunter as my main. We did okay, clearing normal modes. Recently, we added a new Hunter to our group who was not as geared as I was. He's been beating me by about 2k - 3k. I've read up on blogs, Hunter sites, etc. I've improved but not by much.

I've started to wonder if I would do better dps by going back to my Wrath class, the Warrior. My Warrior isn't that much less geared than my Hunter (350 v 361), but I know that Ranged is prefered to melee in most fights. We're a 10 man guild, and I've talked to my Raid Leader. He's left the decision to me.

We are just starting Firelands. Shanny down and Beth to out 20% at 31 stacks.

Advice / Comments welcome.

Tengenstein
07-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Play whichever class you feel the most confident with. Ignore the Ranged is prefered to melee most fights, it's not really an issue unless you're in a bleeding edge progression guild

Ion
07-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Play whichever class you feel the most confident with. Ignore the Ranged is prefered to melee most fights, it's not really an issue unless you're in a bleeding edge progression guild

Not even that, these days...if your RL doesn't care, pick whatever you enjoy the most.

klausi
07-15-2011, 11:57 PM
First: Do you still enjoy playing a hunter?
Second: If he's beating you by 10-20% dps then that's something you might want to look into again. Reading some blogs/websites might not fix this issue if you don't get a better idea about how your class is working right now and why there's such a huge gap.

sacredgoat
07-16-2011, 09:33 AM
An easy way to see what you two are doing different is to get some logs. World of Logs is a great tool to use, get that going and just compair. I'm assuming your are both the same spec and you've alrdy talked to him about his rotation and gear compaired to yours?