PDA

View Full Version : Warrior warrior tank help 10 man Alysrazor

biggrick
07-13-2011, 02:10 PM
heres a link to my spek and gear
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/Bloodystump/advanced

i (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/Bloodystump/advanced)m having trouble solo killing the hatchling. Do u think i should reforge som avoidance stats to expertise/hit to do more damage or call for dps to help

pulled
07-13-2011, 02:38 PM
on that boss i use max expetise and hit to own them as a war tank. our grp does not have tank solo them we have dps kill prioirty druids then hatch but its not the tanks job only. Idk the rules about posten links to fights but pm me if u want a link to my pov on this fight on a youtube vid. u can use elixer of naga for them and this swap to elixer of master for the boss tank phase if thats and issue but we didnt have to. we saved pain supression and an aoe cd for raid.

biggrick
07-13-2011, 02:45 PM
pm u and thanks

biggrick
07-13-2011, 03:15 PM
reforged for the fight thanks for the top and the vid sweet music choice !

Loganisis
07-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Solo-ing it with a 359 weapon would be more challenging - but you don't have to solo them. DPS should be killing the druids with enough time to help out (and DoT classes can help out).

Some suggestions:
1. after the bird hatches but before it imprints - apply 3 stacks of sunder (takes about 3 GCDs).2
2. After the bird imprints, you're away from teh worm, gushing is a ways away, and the bird is happy - so Pop Reckless + Shield Block + Shield Slam and spam devastate looking for more SnB SS procs.
3. Apply debuffs when SB is on CD. When it's active, fish for SnB procs (I got a nearly 700k crit today on the bird, 685k, that was 25m, but on 10m I think I've gotten 635k)

Once you get some expereince, you probably won't need the hit/expertise - and definately once you get a tank weapon drop.

SS -> Dev -> Dev -> Other (where other is slightly different, SW > Rend/TC - don't bother with CB, it has a bigger threat modfier, not damage modifier iirc.

Bigbad
07-14-2011, 03:44 AM
I usually wait for the second shieldblock for recklessness gives some time build up full vengeance also use last stand (if you dont need it for survival) at that time for even more vengeance :)

Rest loganisis said works good, makes sure to use inner rage with shieldblock as well and retaliation cant hurt either. Heroic leap towards a wurm works better then strafing or backpeddling since their hitbox is fairly small and they are superfast

Loganisis
07-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Good points - I pop Reck early on the first one because I've found it's still on CD for the beginning of the second bird, and the third bird it wasn't available... or maybe I'm think of Reck... I thought it was Reck though.

If the timing lets you build full vengence, that's better.

What I found though is the first worm, on 10-N, I would kill before the tornados. The second one died a just before, and the third was always alive a few seconds into it. At least right now, I'm partial to making sure I've got Reck for the third bird.

biggrick
07-14-2011, 08:09 AM
thanks for all the tips was able to do the dps i needed..