PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Pally aggro issues.

Scias
07-06-2011, 06:49 PM
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadow-council/Kailthamos/simple << Link to armory

I seem to be haveing trouble holding aggro alot lately. I do not know if it is my rotation or if it is something else. I figuered if anyone could help me they would be here!

Usual rotation for single target: Divine Plea>Inquisition>Ret Bull Gives You Wingz(Avenging Wrath)>Avenger's Shield>CS>Judgement>CS>Holy Wrath>CS>Shield of the Rightous (substituting a CS with Avenger's Shield if procced)

Aoe Rotaion: HotR>Holy Wrath>HotR>Judgement>HotR>Inquisition>HotR... (substituting a HotR with Avenger's Shield if procced)

If there is anything wrong with my rotation or my spec/gear, please let me know what I am doing wrong exactly. Thank you all very much ^.^

-Kailthamos

theodisius
07-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Optimal rotations are theorycrafted here:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29317

I don't think it's worth substituting a CS or HotR with an AS. However, AS is higher priority than things other than Holy Power generators and finishers. Holy Wrath is the lowest priority (lower than consecration which you omit to mention) except judgement is lower for AOE. I do like the glyphed stun tho. I skip consecration for single target as I often lack the mana.

To pull, you could start with an exorcism after your wings.

I've been noticing aggro issues in 5 mans lately which I did not observe a few months ago. I think when skilled mages are sustaining 18k+ dps across an instance, it's almost inevitable. But arguably, that does not matter. Even a mage has enough health to cope with pulling a bit of aggro in a 5 man. In a raid, if he is skilled, he will adjust.

Scias
07-08-2011, 05:28 AM
So I shouldn't really switch a CS or HotR for a AS Proc, I will remember that. So far I have switched a few things up and I appear to be doing fine. The only times that I have aggro issues at this time is when the DPS drop a nice 20-21k as soon as I pull. Thank you very much for the link and advice. So far things are going pretty smoothly.