PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Some tanking/Macro advice for heroics

dadam191
06-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Hello all. And thank you for all the wondefull information posted and time put into to helping others. I just wish i could group with some of the so helpful people on here. Well to let you know i have just started doing heroics and with the help of good friends and some saved up gold i was able to get my item level up to a decent amount. i seem to be having trouble holding aggro in these heroics. I primarily use blood and thunder. Maybe my rotations are messed up. I dont really use macros so i am clicking with the mouse. I am just frustrated. I did fine in regulars but heroics is a huge jump especially with PUGS rushing to get them done. People are so mean and hard on tanks. I will always let the group know i am new to heroics and might need some help. But most of the time it seems the group just want to rush. So if we wipe they kick me. All my fault. It is tough sometimes i think of just becoming a DPS warrior. Less responsibility but i am really trying hard to become a good tank but hard to find people willing to work with me. Thoughts would help and thanks for all your time and good input.

dadam191
06-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Link to my spec

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarius/Saramon/advanced

dadam191
06-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Maybe some macro sugguestions, I am a clicker, i do use PB and TP, and a bunch of helpful addons

klausi
06-28-2011, 11:07 AM
I am a clicker
That's a serious problem for playing a tanking warrior, there are so many buttons you have to hit frequently.. before worrying to much about macros i'd start working (at least) on some hotkeys.

What you will need all the time:
interrupt
taunt
thunderclap
shieldblock/shield slam (you can macro those together for the beginning)
revenge
devastate
heroic strike/cleave*
charge/intercept (you can use a castsequence reset macro for this)
shockwave/conc blow (you can use a castsequence reset macro for this as well)

* what you can do is:
use an addon to organize your bars, shifting around between four setups:
single target low rage
single target high rage (HS bound to everything)
aoe heavy low rage
aoe heavy high rage (Cleave bound to everything)

Regarding char:
- You want mastery, you want it everywhere. Reforge away from offensive stats (exp/hit) first eg Helmet hit to mastery, else reforge away the higher avoidance stat (dodge/parry) eg Pants Parry to Mastery
- Enchant your gear.
- Gems: blue = mastery/stam, red = parry/mastery, yellow = mastery
- Drop Safeguard and Thunderstruck and get Deep Wounds

dadam191
06-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks a ton, I also really need to learn how to make macros better as well. I know there is a macro section in here.

sifuedition
06-28-2011, 01:50 PM
In my opinion, there are very few macros that make a big difference as a tank. The only one I find really helpful is to macro start attack to my main strikes so if I am out of resources, I at least start to auto attack. As a pally, I castsequence
/cast divine shield
/cancelaura divine shield
So that I can clear nasty rebuffs and maintain threat.

Tl;dr
Macros can be nice situationally, but I think you'll be a better tank if you learn without using many.

Tengenstein
06-28-2011, 03:53 PM
As a warrior, under ideal circumstance you're pressing two buttons every GCD, just doing the basic rotation, add on top of that charges, interupts and CDs and you can very quickly start running out fingers.

this is my Charge macro.

#showtooltip
/dismount [mounted]
/castsequence [harm, exists] reset=15 charge, intercept, charge
/cast [@mouseover, help] intervene
/cast [help] intervene
/cast [harm] berserker rage
/cast heroic leap