PDA

View Full Version : Trash

Griff
06-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Any tips, observations or tactics for for trash in FL?

sammew
06-24-2011, 12:35 AM
All I have heard is that alot of the trash is tied to Shannox, so kill him first.

Fetzie
06-24-2011, 03:59 AM
Treckie posted the following on maintankadin (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31779)...

Shannox (pretty much the first boss you encounter, you can skip him tho if you want) has some mean trash.
Both pretty hard, and VERY VERY annoying, pretty much every pack is about as big of a pain as the other, oh, and theres lots of it.

The other bosses are fine, the spider has some of the "easier" shannox packs, with a mix of some spiders.
Lord ryolith has some firelementals that you faceroll.
The birdie has like 2 big trashmobs with some adds that are pretty fun.
The gatekeepers trash are just there to take some time, not really hard.
Majodormos trashmobs are insanely annoying, but theres only one pack (seems to respawn if not killed tho, in case of wipes, and it will happen)
Raggy trash is faceroll.

swelt
06-25-2011, 02:05 AM
Annoying though the trash is, I wonder does it a) give rep and b) drop stuff?

The faction rewards for this tier are pretty useful, any leg up that can be gained through trash farming might be quite an advantage.

Fetzie
06-25-2011, 04:13 AM
I think blizzard said that trash won't be giving reputation, so you won't be able to grind to exalted by killing trash. The trash does, however, drop some pretty sweet items.

SonnyJr
06-26-2011, 10:51 PM
the fights for these bosses are on youtube if you want to view the fight i suggest you go there. Im not sure all the trash is tied to Shannox because in the video they cleared a path to him...Then its just him and the dogs. They killed the dogs first. There are Boe 's that drop from trash but nothing good plate unless you're a pally. I think theres only 1 maybe 2 holy pally pieces which is kind of lame. wowhead.com shows the loot i think. Or actually maybe patch notes form worldofwarcraft.com.

Another good thing for this patch i guess for all you complainers about ninja looters is that if someone wins a roll using need on the need for greed system the item then becomes bop for them. If won by greed roll its still Boe.

leethaxor
06-26-2011, 11:01 PM
I think blizzard said that trash won't be giving reputation, so you won't be able to grind to exalted by killing trash. The trash does, however, drop some pretty sweet items.
So only bosses give rep? I was hoping for some complicated vanilla type system. I would really like to see something like:
up to friendly trash
up to honored bosses
up to revered bosses (only after killed staghelm or something similiar)
up to exalted bosses (but you can only earn rep after killing ragnaros)

Where you need to kill bosses to get rep past a certain level.

Bodasafa
06-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Anyone have tips on the last trash pack to Beth (Spider) its a real pain.

Actually so was the dog pack before it, we had a rough time with that. Had to use a frost dk to kite the dogs all the way to the bottom to buy us time to down the Drone and Spinner.

Psikotik
06-28-2011, 07:24 PM
The dog pack we just CC'd the ones NOT being attacked by the large spider. Have 1 tank pull the spider and 1 dog, and the second tank take the other 2 dogs NOT being CC'd.

Dayalia
06-28-2011, 08:27 PM
We were able to figure out the Dog/Spider pull... with CC... We were unable to figure out the pull with the Big Naga dudes and the spiders though. Anyone have any luck?

Prucilak
06-29-2011, 06:34 AM
Some notes.

Molten Lords are super easy, Taunt at 3-4 stacks.

Patron Turtle, dont attack when the shield is up. (Duh) Point away from raid for fire breath.

Hell Hounds, stacking debuff seems to stack up to 10 and then falls off. CC and burn one at a time.

Scorpions randomly pick a raid member to attack, you never lose aggro, they'll come back to tank after a few seconds. AoE'd.

Large dogs (cant remember name) Point away from raid for flame breath, "Dinner time" is the same as Mangle, he spits you out then fears. Make sure to keep him far enough away from other packs as to not aggro.

Im open to suggestions as how to handle some of the trash, doing trash felt like a progression raid. :(

Reev
06-29-2011, 06:44 AM
The 6 pack hellhound pulls (especially before Beth'tilac with the 2 spiders also in the pull) were really rough for my 10 man with only 2 CCs for elementals (Hunter trap and banish). Once the hellhound debuff stacks up to 7 or so, it seems to be lights out for the tank. I can stun the group and heroic leap away and kite until the stacks fall, but my healers still have a hard time keeping me up through it all. Any thoughts?

Outbackjack
06-29-2011, 07:50 AM
I believe the Hellhounds can be feared, my Intimidating Shout seemed to have an effect on them while we were experimenting with which abilities did what to trash last night. We didn't have a Warlock with which to test a real fear CC, though.

Davious
06-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Having trouble with 2 pulls atm

There are 2 pulls where Shannox spawns with a Subjugator, 4 mobs channeling a spell and a magma overlord or something. Is there a faster way to deal with this pull? We killed the 4 mobs channeling a spell, but they had 85% damage reduction then dealt with the magma overlord and the Subjugator last. The pull was incredibly long and I would think there's a faster way to deal with them.

The other is the one with 1 Unbound Pyrelord and 3 Unbound Smoldering Elemental. I read that you're supposed to take the Unbound Pyrelord down 20% and it'll take off the buff on the Unbound Smoldering Elemental. Our group took out the Pyrelord and only one of the Elementals had gotten their buff removed, are we supposed to kill the little elementals as soon as they start igniting?

TeddyTauren
06-29-2011, 11:21 AM
For the first one, kill the subjugator. Then the elemental starts gaining energy. kill the channelers quickly and the elemental comes free. The elemental then does aoe damage based on how high his energy is.

For the second, you can dps the pyrelord and then switch to whichever mob he ignites. repeat until dead.

Griff
06-29-2011, 11:42 AM
What's the deal with the big trash packs outside of Baleroc's gate? They all had a buff that prevented most forms of crowd control and they were eating our tanks alive.

TeddyTauren
06-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Pull the patrolling guy away from the rest and they become CCable. not the overseers, but I dont remember his name. He's only tied to one group

gacktt
06-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Molten lord, taunt off at 3-4 stacks, does nothing notable.
Core hound, face away from raid, fear ward the tank, heal through his moderately strong biting debuff.
Surger, be careful on pats, split up a bit so he won't splash too many people with 70k damage charges.
Turtles, you can perma root small and medium turtles, you can stun them while spinning and it will stop, you can also kite them, don't see why people keep crying about this.
Hell hounds can be rooted, banished and feared, also you can snare them and have your tank kite for 10 seconds to reset debuffs.
For big elementals wait for him to ignite mini adds, swap to mini adds, kill elemental when the mini adds are gone.
Scorpions, just aoe/cleave your way through, when mobs are at 20% or less you can single them out, in 10man the explosions are pitiful no need to be careful.

Well that's about it for the early brunt of the trash. Also the mobs do not link with each other except for core hounds, you can taunt pull a scorpion and the molten giant who's 2 feet away doesn't give a damn.

They are easie than BWD/bastion trash by a large margin, either that or 10man trash in that raid was overtuned. I was never in any danger on scrubby pugs on my molten trash runs as opposed to actual guild progression in t11 where the trash pulls can get dangerous at times.

Bodasafa
06-29-2011, 03:36 PM
I would like to see a pug get the last 2 pulls to Beth down lol. I think the trash on 10 man was a bit overtuned.

Yes fear works on the dogs. I glyphed imitating shout, so I could essentially root them and escape. Slows work, but they feel like only half of the supposed amount, you just barely get away. Your going to want to use any CC and kite them, then kill them 1 by 1. Also make sure no one is stopping to cast near a rooted one or you just get chomped.

The final pack we dealt with the Spiderlings first, because there was a bug if the Drone ate them and you wipped he kept his consume stacks. We had to soft reset the instance because the Drone with 10 stacks insta 1 shot the tank through a shield wall even. Take down the spiderlings, then the drone, then the Cauterizer. Just let the 3 in the bubble lag behind as you drag pull the front mess. Frost trap worked nicely to slow things up.

Reev
06-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Hotfixed in: Fewer Hellhounds on the Beth'tilac trash pull.

Quinafoi
06-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Hotfixed in: Fewer Hellhounds on the Beth'tilac trash pull.

Wait, Blizzard realized people in 10 man have fewer than 6 druids, warlocks, and shaman?

Tielyn
07-12-2011, 10:45 AM
* With the new 4.2 CC rules, we pick the naga-alike patrols apart by freezing / sheeping / frogging everything we can (they no longer pull on CC), and then selectively root the remaining mobs so we only have one or two mobs per tank when we actually do the pull.
* The little turtles (the ones that spin) can be rooted, Repentanced (imho, shouldn't work :D, but okay...), but not sheeped or frost trapped. We usually use our resto druid and boomkin's Entangling roots to lock them in place while we kill the big turtle.
* On the gauntlet up to Lord Ryolith is a miniboss that summons tiny fire elementals. DO NOT kill them -- just kill the big guy and run away -- they don't chase and they despawn, but if you kill them, they multiply (someone said this was an old Molten Core mechanic).
* On the guy with the shield right before Beth; zerg rush and burn the shield guy when his shield goes down, the OT picks up the spiders and drags them to the side, and only burn the spiders after the nagas are dead. Healers need to watch for the nagas throwing harpoons at random party members. Trying to kite/LOS does not work very well at all, as the spears go through walls.

Also, for rep:
- all trash mobs give rep to Friendly (yay Cloaks) - takes about 2-3 good trash runs to get to Friendly, and about 4-5 to get to Honored.
- only big mobs give rep past Honored, to 1 point short of Revered (this will take some time unless you're downing bosses)
- only bosses give you rep past Revered.

Bottom line is that you're going to be stuck at Honored until you down bosses. But hey, belt and cloak aren't bad upgrades...

Reev
07-12-2011, 11:01 AM
* With the new 4.2 CC rules, we pick the naga-alike patrols apart by freezing / sheeping / frogging everything we can (they no longer pull on CC), and then selectively root the remaining mobs so we only have one or two mobs per tank when we actually do the pull.
* The little turtles (the ones that spin) can be rooted, Repentanced (imho, shouldn't work :D, but okay...), but not sheeped or frost trapped. We usually use our resto druid and boomkin's Entangling roots to lock them in place while we kill the big turtle.
* On the gauntlet up to Lord Ryolith is a miniboss that summons tiny fire elementals. DO NOT kill them -- just kill the big guy and run away -- they don't chase and they despawn, but if you kill them, they multiply (someone said this was an old Molten Core mechanic).
* On the guy with the shield right before Beth; zerg rush and burn the shield guy when his shield goes down, the OT picks up the spiders and drags them to the side, and only burn the spiders after the nagas are dead. Healers need to watch for the nagas throwing harpoons at random party members. Trying to kite/LOS does not work very well at all, as the spears go through walls.

Also, for rep:
- all trash mobs give rep to Friendly (yay Cloaks) - takes about 2-3 good trash runs to get to Friendly, and about 4-5 to get to Honored.
- only big mobs give rep past Honored, to 1 point short of Revered (this will take some time unless you're downing bosses)
- only bosses give you rep past Revered.

Bottom line is that you're going to be stuck at Honored until you down bosses. But hey, belt and cloak aren't bad upgrades...

If you can reliably cc these, kudos, but I've found that even on 25 man I can hold all of them without dying as long as we focus the cauterizers down first, which may be faster if your guild is up for it.