PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Bear Tanking HALP!

scurrilous
06-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Hello, just got my druid at 85 and looking for a little advice on my toon http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/Scurri/advanced
just wondering if i am gemin/enchanting correctly, and anything
i need to correct with this

thanks

Destruyen
06-22-2011, 09:25 PM
reforging looks good...gemming is a tad heavy on the stam side (i prefer agi gemming) but more suited for starter gear. the only thing i would change is replacing charge glyph with rebirth glyph but that's more personal taste i guess. also a few 2v2 wins can get you the pvp relic which i use for tanking (slightly more agi/stam) and you trade haste worthlessness for resil worthlessness.

scurrilous
06-22-2011, 09:44 PM
well, ya thats were i am getting a bit confused is with the gemming side of it. I have red alot of sites on how to gem correctly, some sites say stack STAM others say stack AGI.

Destruyen
06-22-2011, 11:29 PM
basically if you are transitioning from one level to the next (5 mans to raids or from raids to heroic modes for example) go the stamina gemming route and as you get gear from the higher level gem those with agi. like with my gear i was gemmed agi on my 359 items until i went to tank heroic modes and switched to almost full stam. as i got 372 pieces i gemmed those with agi since the 372 gear naturally had almost the same stam as the 359's gemmed with stam. some bears just flat out gem stam no matter what but i prefer agi gemming and switching stam or agi trinkets depending on the fight.

Maelwaedd
06-23-2011, 12:22 AM
if u gem agi, you gain dodge and AP, if u have no threat issues (which as a bear u shouldnt) this is an avoidence spec useful if the boss hits hard and often

if u gem stam u give healers time to heal you and u get a little AP from vengence, this spec is more for fights where there are alot of raid healing going on

i personally go for a combo of both, depends on boss tells me what trinkets or items to use (got a feral kitty spec too so i have heaps of agi gear on me at all times)