PDA

View Full Version : DPS Warrior Leveling- Fury or Arms?

Dravien
06-19-2011, 07:26 PM
For the Past 3 days I have Tried To level a Fury Warrior, I have been Running into a couple of Problems With Rage, and a Cluttered Keyboard. Would leveling Arms Be a Little Easier, Is there something im Doing Wrong? The main Issue seems to be Rage, Now that I have Bez Stance I cant use Charge and That initial Rage From starting the Fight is Gone Other than Battle Shout at beginning of Fight is there another trick to this. If any Light Could be she Please Im accepting all the Help I can get.

Eoika
06-19-2011, 07:28 PM
... You don't Stance Dance?

Dravien
06-19-2011, 07:40 PM
I do use a Macro That Switches my Stance Allows me To charge then Switches me back to Bez Stance But While Doing So I lose all of the rage I generated from the Charge, other than That I do not switch to any other Stance nor do I think i would be Quick enough to do so, I do understand Macros could help me in that aspect but Not to educated on macros.

squats
06-19-2011, 07:46 PM
prot or arms might be better untill higher levels. Prot can AoE grind much better, and still kills fast. Arms will solve your rage issues a bit, but you wont be able to grind out mobs that well. It gets better when you get victory rush, a lot better.

Eoika
06-19-2011, 07:53 PM
There was similar problem in classic with arms warriors where you had about enough rage that you have about 0 loss if you stance danced, but since the auto attack came before you could do that, you'd just spend it on a move, like MS, then stance dance, pop blood rage, whirlwind and then do whatever it was.

Just spend your rage on an attack before you switch, and if thats to much for you then don't level as fury. Its not like you'll learn anything by 85 that an hour infront of a target dummy won't teach.

PimpJuice4
06-19-2011, 08:37 PM
ive lvled a warrior from 1 to 45(and still going)as arms and if your main problem is rage i never seem to have any issues with rage

although my spec is a pvp spec though.but i figured once i got bladestorm id start pvping

klausi
06-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Until Raging Blow (~ lvl 40ish) there's no real reason to switch to Berserker Stance, you want that extra rage and gap closer from Charge.

But honestly i'd just level as Arms anyways, aoe is way more fun and past lvl 70 you gonna make all tanks (and healers) cry with rend + Blood&Thunder talent while Bladestorming with Recklessness and Sweeping Strikes.

leethaxor
06-20-2011, 12:18 AM
I leveled my warrior in all 3 specs. Here is my reaction.

As prot, you basically cannot die, once you start spreading rend around I found myself just charging mobs tossing rend on them skipping along mindless pulling more and more letting them die to rend ticks.

As fury: As soon as I got titans grip, I walked around with two Ingvar's Monolithic Cleaver. Because I didn't have two heirloom weapons on hand (lazy). You can global things at lvl 70 with good trinkets, felt awesome!

As arms: Charge > Victory Rush (from last kill) > Rend > OP repeat. If you have a good weapon (pvp 2h sword at the time). Easy mode leveling, you heal for more damage then you take, and just run though mobs.

a Cluttered Keyboard.Its dangerous to go alone. Take this

Bung
06-20-2011, 05:43 AM
They are both equal. Play what you like. What I wanted to add was that for grind quests having a prot offspec is really nice. You can usually grab 4-5 mobs and kill them at the same time. The most important thing when leveling is just to focus on getting to 85. Don't spend gold on gear/enchants/gems. Just level...

justinlee
06-24-2011, 03:09 AM
i prefer fury , cuz if ur spec is fury ,that means u could kill mobs quicker and reversion is better than arm.
Bloodthirst is great in leveling