PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Confused on DPS results for training dummy

Playmaker
06-18-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm confused as to why my dps results on a raid training dummy are much lower than my results in an actual raid. On the training dummy after about 10 minutes I maintain roughly 16K. In raid, after an entire boss fight I'm sitting at 20K. Is this due to raid buffs? Also, I'll group up with another fury warrior and see them do 18K on a training dummy w/ me, yet in raid they are doing 4-5k less dps than me. I'm curious if there's some method when using training dummys that I'm approaching incorrectly. I know to stand behind the training dummy while dps'ing but that's about it.

Lumines
06-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Is this due to raid buffs?

Yes.

klausi
06-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Also, I'll group up with another fury warrior and see them do 18K on a training dummy w/ me, yet in raid they are doing 4-5k less dps than me.
This can have several reasons: overcautious for raid mechanics, unfavorable keybinds for combined movement + dps'ing, different duty (eg: they rodeo on Magmaw while you don't), unfavorable ui (to many bossmods blocking view on your ragebar or whatever).

If you want to understand why those gaps occur you should start logging your raids and have a look on them afterwards. Cooldown usage (when and how often) and positioning (any parry at all? Way less melee hits/styles with similar gear?) will have a HUGE impact on your play.

Tengenstein
06-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Maybe the other warrior is keeping sunder up.

Playmaker
06-19-2011, 08:32 AM
I started using the razer naga about a week ago and I have my main rotation all bound on the side mouse buttons, as far as cds i use them all at once on the training dummy. I tryed a few rotations back on the keyboard not using the naga and came up with same results. Still averaging roughly 16k on the dummy though, w/ little bursts to 18K now and then. My fps and latency aren't an issue as far as I can tell (90 fps, world and home latency average both around 60 each). Rotation I'm using is CS-BS-RB-BS-Slam (when proc'd), using HS when rage is over 60. It seems like overall I should still be doing more dps whether on the training dummy or in raid. Any suggestions on rotation or different use of HS? I've read on different forums about macros w/ HS or Slam.

leethaxor
06-19-2011, 11:05 AM
An armory link and or WoL will help us help you on the

I feel I should be doing more dps

Loganisis
06-19-2011, 11:15 AM
And logs.

When you say CDs, you're lining up DW + Reck + trinkets + a pot (if you use one for the test) and then using them on CD unless they're close to lining up after that, right? And your tests are for 10-15 minutes, right?

Are you using Sunder on the dummy so the dummy armor is reduced by 12%? If not that will be a change (or form a party with a feral who can throw Imp Fairy Fire on the dummy every 4 minutes or so) in your dummy production as well.

Playmaker
06-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Here is a link to armory in my current gear - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Strikur/advanced

I also have FoA, but I've been using License to Slay instead for quite a while.

Addressing Loganisis concerning CDs, I line up DW and Reck (if I have FoA equipped I would line that up as well.) That's the extent of how I've been lining up my CDs. Most of my tests are an average of 10 minutes, and I have been putting Sunder on the dummy.

I'll get some logs out for you guys when I'm back at home on my computer. Hopefully one of you guys can read this before then so you can explain to me the best way to record/link logs. I'm personally never done this, only read logs that others have made, but if you guys can give me a quick explanation of the steps for this I'll get one linked asap. Thanks!

So I noticed that there are some combat logs others in my guild posted on world of logs and read up on a few forums - it was reccomended to use loggerhead off of curse to record the combat log. Can I use this when I'm on a training dummy? And if so, once I have the combat log in a txt file, that's where I need some directions as to where/how to upload it. Thx!

Playmaker
06-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Okay so I'm registered on world of logs and read up on a few more forums as to how to upload a combat log via the client on wol using loggerhead ingame. Hopefully I'm doing this right so far, haven't had a chance to get home yet and hop onto WOW yet though.

Playmaker
06-19-2011, 04:51 PM
okay here's a link to a log i just uploaded, hope I did it correctly

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k3ww63o2ejmpyx2k/analyze/

Tengenstein
06-19-2011, 06:44 PM
I think they meant a log of the boss fights where you're pulling 2ok and your fellow furies are only doing 15K

Playmaker
06-19-2011, 08:17 PM
I can get one of those up next week sometime when we do a raid, for now i just have practice dummy logs, though i'd be interested in any feedback on those as well