PDA

View Full Version : Healing post cactaclysm resto druid! HELP!!

darrkangel
06-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Hiya,

i havnt played my resto druid since cataclysm was released.... was at ICC Hc level healing then.

since the large patches and cata everything has changed and i dont know what im doing any more!

im starting to level again and aim to start raiding as soon as i can keep people alive!! ;)

please could someone tell me what stats to stack/gem etc and what numbers and/or %s i should be aiming for with them!

also any tips?

thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer this!

Bozz

Katarn
06-15-2011, 01:58 PM
http://www.restokin.com

Bovinity
06-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Hiya,

i havnt played my resto druid since cataclysm was released.... was at ICC Hc level healing then.

since the large patches and cata everything has changed and i dont know what im doing any more!

im starting to level again and aim to start raiding as soon as i can keep people alive!! ;)

please could someone tell me what stats to stack/gem etc and what numbers and/or %s i should be aiming for with them!

also any tips?

thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer this!

By and large, things haven't changed too much. You're still a very strong raid healer with Rejuv and Wild Growth and a capable tank healer with Rejuv/Lifebloom/Healing Touch.

As for stats, intellect is now the absolute #1 top stat, period. It outpaces every other stat by at least 2:1 value with one exception, that being if you're near a major haste breakpoint. After that, what stats you stack depends largely on the state of your gear. If you can get to 2005 haste (Extra WG tick) with your gear, then that is very much worth going for. Otherwise getting to 915 haste (Extra Rejuv tick) and then focusing on spirit and/or mastery is a better choice. Every point spent on haste between major breakpoints is almost entirely a waste, there is little benefit to it. Mastery is fairly clumsy right now but is getting much better in 4.2. Spirit isn't neccessarily that awesome either, but more mana is always welcome.

Biggest change you'll notice is that your mana will go a lot faster than it did in Wrath. Making the absolute best of what mana you do have is extremely important now, and that will take a bit of practice. You cannot simply spam Rejuv on everyone anymore, it'll take a bit more thought than that nowadays.

If you have any more specific resto questions or questions relating to certain fights, feel free to ask. ;)

darrkangel
06-15-2011, 02:24 PM
thanks a mill!!! cant wait to get back into it!!