PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Gemming advice for bears

Shiftymojo
06-13-2011, 02:47 AM
Recently I have started raiding again (doing none since wrath) and was thinking of shaking up my current gems a bit.

I was thinking of gemming more towards some Mastery and Agility to increase Savage Defense damage reduction, over the Dodge + Stamina currently gems I'm using.

In bear I currently have around 36% dodge buffed in bear which seems more than plenty so would it be a better idea to drop the dodge gems I have for the Mastery + Agility ones?

Thanks in advance!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/runetotem/shiftymojo/advanced

Grindleguts
06-13-2011, 04:52 AM
Dodge over mastery from advices I've heard. Agi yes as we can't reforge it.

Red 40 AGI
Yellow AGI/dodge
Blue Agi/stam

Mastery isn't a fixed amount anymore, so actually higher HP -> more vengeance -> more Attack Power -> more absorption in this weird way. Consider it worse than dodge, including reforging.

Shiftymojo
06-13-2011, 05:13 AM
Ahh I see, In that case will go for Agility + Dodge instead of the current Stamina + Dodge gems, and start swapping pure Stamina gems for Stamina + Agility ones.

Would it be better to reforge Mastery into Dodge over Crit to Dodge then?

klausi
06-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Crit.

Darksend
06-13-2011, 05:35 AM
Crit.

to expand on this. As you gain more dodge, crit becomes less valuable, since by avoiding more attacks you are increasing the uptime of your SD shield without even gaining more procs. Thus the more dodge you have the more it becomes about getting the biggest shield possible (which I won't get into in this thread but that has its own issues)

Katarn
06-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Ahh I see, In that case will go for Agility + Dodge instead of the current Stamina + Dodge gems, and start swapping pure Stamina gems for Stamina + Agility ones.

Would it be better to reforge Mastery into Dodge over Crit to Dodge then?
Reforge order:

Haste > Hit=Exp (after cap) > Crit/Exp (before cap - depending on gear) > Mastery

Quinafoi
06-13-2011, 08:34 AM
May want to mention that "reforge order" is the order of "lowest priority stats" meaning which stats you get rid of first in favor of dodge. Others have misinterpreted that information to think that haste is their highest priority and should reforge into it when it is the exact opposite.

So Haste is the first thing you look at reforging. Mastery is the last thing you'd consider reforging. When reforging, you're always reforging to Dodge because that is the only true tanking secondary stat which applies.