PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Mining/Alch or Alch/Eng for a tank/

BryceE
06-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I was thinking since I finally have a full gatherer (herb/mining) I should perhaps drop mining on my pally tank for engineering because of the cogwheels, etc. Would that be a viable choice to make or would another one get me more benefit such as BS or JC?

Reev
06-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm an Alch/Eng on my prot warrior. Seems to work out alright. We'll see if I still feel that way in 4.2 when my engineering goggles start to fall behind. I love my parachute and speed boosts, though.

Tengenstein
06-08-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm stil loving frost Grenades. Add kiting is fun with you're own frost nova!

Sebadoh
06-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Engineering is the coolest profession. That doesn't always translate into the BEST profession raid-wise, but the goggles are a fantastic pre-raid piece and the armor cooldown is decent. If you're looking to absolutely min/max I'd say go BS or JC, but there's nothing wrong with being an engineer tank.

Also keep in mind that a) all the belt enchants have a pretty high failure rate so it's not very wise to use them in a raid unless it's a dire emergency, and b) Engy is notoriously bad for making gold (apparently it's going to get better in 4.2, but we'll see if that actually pans out).