PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Does my druid look geared enough for BOT?

BryceE
06-07-2011, 03:28 PM
I just dinged 85 like 2 nights ago and I've already tanked a BH, but that's not really a raid so meh. Anyways, does my gear look okish to do a BOT as a tank or what? And I'm still working on my deepholm quest chain to get to the shoulder enchant.

And only reason I have the pvp bracers is I had green 318s. And I have a pair of 353 hands from za that I bought, but the pvp ones I won today look slightly better. I have the knotted handwraps as well (353s).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nazgrel/bryc%C3%A8/advanced

Volzaro
06-07-2011, 10:28 PM
You certainly could tank BoT but your tank healer might not like you very much :P

I'd recommend gearing up just a tad more but if you know the fights beforehand and you go in knowing what you need to do tanking wise, you should be fine.

BryceE
06-07-2011, 10:36 PM
I have 2 other tanks 358+ ilvl so I know the tanking parts of the fights. And I just got done with it, did fairly well.

Volzaro
06-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Well you shouldn't have had any problems from the start then if you have two other tanks 358+ ilvl because it obviously shows you know what you're doing. Good job though and keep it at.

Destruyen
06-09-2011, 07:32 AM
personally i would go for the tanking helm meta/enchant, stam leg enchant, stam shoulder enchant, and stam to chest and stam/runspeed to boots. i had a few problems with low hp when i first started tanking on my druid in cata once i made him my main, but i was wearing only the crafted boe epics and mostly crafted pvp gear tanking 12/12 normals.

reforging looks mostly good except on the pieces where you reforged away from mastery for dodge. reforge priority goes haste > hit > expertise > crit while never reforging away from mastery for dodge.

glyphs look good aside from your barkskin major glyph. in pve you will be crit immune as a tank through talents so the barkskin glyph is really pointless. i prefer to use the rebirth glyph since having someone rez at 100% hp on certain fights/phases is amazing.

BryceE
06-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Reason I reforged some mastery to dodge was it was the highest stat, figured I'd get more out of it that way. But I'll go get the stam head and leg enchant. Keep working on deepholm for that enchant and get a stam chest/boot enchant.

Destruyen
06-09-2011, 09:07 AM
it might be more points but sometimes taking the lesser valuable stat that would reforge to less dodge than mastery can still be a better gain. in terms of stat weights (roughly/varies by gear):
agi=1
dodge=.9
mastery=.6
crit=.4 to .5
expertise=slighty less to slightly more than crit depending on gear levels
hit=.2
haste=0

so using that rough guideline you can take the stat itemization and by not touching the mastery and reforging the lesser stat is equal or more than what it would add up to by reforging mastery and getting more dodge then go that way.

Katarn
06-09-2011, 12:07 PM
@OP:

You're missing a couple of enchants, and your 308 Porcelain Crab badly needs to be replaced.

It mostly depends on the quality of your healers. I was in about ~340 gear or so when we started normal modes, but that was before the armor buff. There's no harm in trying I guess, but that doesn't mean you should stop getting things replaced.