PDA

View Full Version : Druid bear rotation questions???

outlaw-raider
06-02-2011, 08:15 PM
im lvling a 67 bear tank and, my single target threat is very good but, my aoe threat isnt the greatest...my single target rotation is mangle,lacarate+3,pulvarize-repeat...my aoe rotation is swipe,maul glyghed,mangle in between....

question 1-does aoe get better when i get thrash at 81???
question 2-am i doing my rotations right if not whats the best rotation for single+aoe???

thanks in advance...

xenogriff
06-03-2011, 12:53 AM
hi

1) yes, aoe does get better with thrash - until u get it, ur going to feel as if something is missing from the rotation.

i would suggest getting tidy plates - this allows you to see which mobs are losing aggro on u and leaning towards attacking someone else - ur other alternative is to be old school and tab target lacerate/maul/mangle

2) in terms of aoe rotation, mine is swipe > thrash > maul > swipe - seems to work well especially if u mark a skull for dps to burn 1st and letting ur swipes/thrash generate additional threat on other mobs.

for single target, mine is mangle once - laceratex3 > pulverize and using mauls/FFF off cd (free threat!!) in between - mangle has a 1 min timer iirc so its not really necessary to refresh it too often, i would only use if everything else is on cd or if it becomes free

this has worked for me so far - others might be able to help out more

Darksend
06-03-2011, 03:47 AM
VERY BAD ADVICE ... mangle is your single greatest threat ability and you should be pressing it every time it comes off cooldown or you get a berserk proc

klausi
06-03-2011, 03:55 AM
for single target, mine is mangle once - laceratex3 > pulverize and using mauls/FFF off cd (free threat!!) in between - mangle has a 1 min timer iirc so its not really necessary to refresh it too often, i would only use if everything else is on cd or if it becomes free
That's actually a pretty bad idea, he's talking about bear rotation and that mangle advice is only interesting for cats. Mangle is a bear's strongest ability by far, equivalent to shield slam for a warrior. Not hitting it every time it's up is a huge tps (and dps!) loss.

For multitarget: glyph for thorns and buff it before every pull, use swipe on cooldown and with lvl 70ish you'll finally get Berserk, a huge aoe pushing cooldown. Mark a mob with a skull pre pull so you can work harder on it with your Mangle in between those swipes, pull with Faerie Fire and continue to use it on caster farther away to maintain aggro versus your healer.

For singletarget: Pulverize hits like a wet noodle, only hit it before the buff wears off. And to be honest on most boss pulls during Burning Crusade + Lich King instances you won't even be able to get 3 lacerates off before the mob dies anyway.. Your basic rotation looks like that:

Mangle <filler> <filler> <filler> Mangle ..

With the Berserk (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=50334) talent you also got the chance on refreshing Mangle's cooldown every time Lacerate is ticking so you want to keep at least one stack of Lacerate up as good as possible without interfering with your cooldown on Mangle.

Ideally it should something like that:
Mangle
Lacerate
Lacerate
Lacerate
Mangle
Pulverize
1.5 Lacerate
3 Lacerate
4.5 Mangle
6 Lacerate
7.5 Lacerate
9 Lacerate
10.5 Mangle
12 Lacerate
13.5 Lacerate
15 Lacerate
16.5 Mangle
18 Pulverize

And that does not take the Berserk proccs into account. As stated before, you want to hit Mangle every time it's up. Very often you'll end up with ~

Mangle
<filler>
procced Mangle
<filler>
procced Mange

totally screwing any possible "rotation". So just focus on keeping Mangle on cooldown and only try keeping Pulverize up with lower priority. Weave in Maul as it suits you (and depending on your rage).

Katarn
06-03-2011, 07:42 AM
It should be noted that your single target priorty changes drastically when you get to 85.