PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Macro's for fury warr

DarkraveR
05-20-2011, 03:13 AM
Hi,

At the moment i am always clicking everything. What macro's you guys use to make it easier? Do you use more or different macro's then mentioned in the fury guide?

Greetz DarkraveR

Bung
05-20-2011, 05:58 AM
I try to limit them as they aren't always suitable for every situation. I have a macro for deathwish and the orc racial since they have the same cooldown and I would always pop them together anyway. The only other macro I use is one for cleave which is:

/startattack
/cast cleave
/cast whirlwind

I tend to use more keybinds then macros, but to each their own.

Quinafoi
05-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Macros serve a purpose. You can read a guide and do everything it says and do fine. Or, you can research further and understand why such recommendations are made in the first place. If you understand the reason behind the decision, making such a decision yourself in the future becomes easier. Similar situation would arise with macros. While people could spout off dozens of good macros, if you don't understand the purpose they serve and why they are good then you wouldn't understand why they decided to make that macro in the first place.

There are four key reasons for using macros.
1. Some intelligence involved in selecting the ability to use.
2. Some intelligence involved in selecting the target of said ability.
3. Multiple abilities on mutually exclusive cooldowns used simultaneously.
4. Executing some sort of script.

For example, Bung's macro above falls under executing multiple abilities simultaneously, however the abilities executed are the starting your auto-attack and either cleave or whirlwind. As both cleave and whirlwind share the global cooldown, those two can't be executed at the same time, however one of them off cooldown can be executed at the same time as starting your auto-attack. In this case cleave would be the higher priority because if both are off cooldown that is the action which would be chosen since it is executed first. This macro isn't really ideal because it actually causes errors. I believe you could eliminate the errors in particular by converting it to a castsequence.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=3 Cleave, Whirlwind
/startattack

Provided that works correctly, I'm a bit rusty in castsequence department as a personally try to avoid those, the new macro would be both simultaneous ability usage (3) and intelligent ability selection (1) types of a macro and not have the same error.

More description of the different types of macros can be found here in my old blog post (http://www.tankspot.com/entry.php?3448-Macroneering-When-to-Use-Macros).

If you want macros to help you be better, then you must first start to understand what in your style of play would be easier to accomplish with a macro. Without it's purpose being served, there is nothing gained by having a macro.

DarkraveR
05-23-2011, 02:50 PM
What do you mean by a style of play? If two people use exactly the same rotation what is the difference then?

Quinafoi
05-23-2011, 07:28 PM
What do you mean by a style of play? If two people use exactly the same rotation what is the difference then?

If you do the exact same rotation as someone from Paragon, do you perform just as well? There is a great deal of difference beyond simply what your character does. What the player does and how they do it is significantly more important at that level of play.

DarkraveR
05-24-2011, 04:19 AM
If you do the exact same rotation as someone from Paragon, do you perform just as well? There is a great deal of difference beyond simply what your character does. What the player does and how they do it is significantly more important at that level of play.
If we have equal gear and do same rotation we should perform equally. Ofcourse there are other things like proccs and movement but that has nothing to do with play style. I still can use the same macro's as the warrior from Paragon that is why i am asking what do you mean by different play of style. I guess it is more the role you have as a warrior in the raid then.

Quinafoi
05-24-2011, 08:42 AM
If we have equal gear and do same rotation we should perform equally. Ofcourse there are other things like proccs and movement but that has nothing to do with play style. I still can use the same macro's as the warrior from Paragon that is why i am asking what do you mean by different play of style. I guess it is more the role you have as a warrior in the raid then.

And you completely neglect player skill factoring in at all? Do you honestly believe that you, the person sitting behind the keyboard, can sit down at their desk and perform at the same level of the top players in the world? This has little to do with the character, it has everything to do with how you, the human being, play it. You're naive if you believe the only difference between you and them is gear. There is a difference between executing on a basic level and executing on a professional level. Simply knowing what buttons to push doesn't mean you push them as quickly or precisely.

And procs and movement have nothing to do with play style? Really? Cause I was under the impression that they had a great deal to do with play style. How you react or proactively respond to procs plays a great deal in your performance. How you move your character in the game world has a great deal of impact on your performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDjG_0ecTI

You need to understand how you play and your style of play in order to improve upon it. Every time I have to do this ability it takes me a second, if only I could macro it to make it more efficient. Every time I have to pick up my hand and move to this further keybind it messes me up, if only I could rebind my keys so I don't need to move my hand as much.

There is one thing you have to realize is different between your fury warrior and every other one in the world... it is played by you.