PDA

View Full Version : The Tankspot Shoutbox Crew- RECRUITING???

truculent
05-17-2011, 08:45 PM
So I have this little Idea. Im looking to start a new guild inspired by the shoutbox. Once we have 20 or so people that say "ZOMG awsome idea" then we pick a server and go for it.

worst case - many alts melting face in low-mid level bgs.

best case - world top 50 guild

In any case- Highly entertaining ingame discussions. perhaps worth more then the wow subscription itself.

UPDATE: MagicBox- drenden alliance, is now up!!!! Drenden is an EST server and we raid on an EST schedule.
7-10pm saturday/sunday

we are looking for 2 healers (non paladin) and a mage at the moment.

Anyone interested should contact me here on tankspot or ingame at Trucqulent@drenden.

http://magic-box.enjin.com/

Illidra
05-18-2011, 01:23 AM
i hate that this will no doubt be on a US server QQ

Aggathon
05-18-2011, 01:50 AM
I mean... is this pretty much just Antonidas at this point?

truculent
05-18-2011, 09:17 AM

im not sure what you mean.

truculent
05-18-2011, 09:17 AM
i hate that this will no doubt be on a US server QQ

perhaps.. still need much mor feedback before I can even take the idea seriously.

Kazeyonoma
05-18-2011, 10:30 AM
we did something like this years ago but for donors, and basically what happened was for 2-3 weeks, we had some active members, we goofed around, then it died out very quickly. Cider had a bear druid named Ciderella. LOLOLOLOLOL.

truculent
05-18-2011, 10:35 AM
well i figured that the box has grown pretty large the last 2 years. theres a lot of people hanging around. Thought it would be a fun idea.

Loganisis
05-18-2011, 10:38 AM
How do you define casual shoutbox users versus regular shotbox users? I mean, I consider myself a casual shoutbox user so would I be denied entry because I don't have a Bov-esque level of shout box shouts? :P

What happens if I get a job that I don't work at home any more and can't visit tankspot as much during the day? Do I get /gkicked if I make it in the first place? :P

truculent
05-18-2011, 10:42 AM
well of couse you would be allowed entery. All that needs to happen is someone from the shoutbox needs to know you or know of you. the application process would consist perhaps kaz reviewing your posts, looking for any troll tendencies. perhaps Bov trolling you a bit to test your demeanor

Kazeyonoma
05-18-2011, 10:46 AM
rofl, i'm not trying to shoot you down, just saying we've done it before and it was fun while it lasted. good luck though!

truculent
05-18-2011, 10:51 AM
rofl, i'm not trying to shoot you down, just saying we've done it before and it was fun while it lasted. good luck though!

you're comming right ?

Kazeyonoma
05-18-2011, 10:59 AM
well, here's the thing.

i'm very devoted to playing sc2 right now, so any time i'm not on during my guilds raid times, i'm on sc2, if i'm not on sc2, i'm playing l4d2 with our former guild leader who recently stepped down. Lastly, I'm a vampire, i literally play at like 11pm-2am most nights PDT, most of you won't even be on. lastly at 2am, i stop playing to watch GSL/GSTL. So the likelihood of me interacting with any of you is slim. =(

truculent
05-18-2011, 11:01 AM
...... do you sleep?

Terra
05-18-2011, 11:10 AM

You know I've only sucked about 4 of you to Antonidas so far... He's talking about making it 20. Amardon & No Drama await :)

Aggathon
05-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Squats, Alent, Aggathon, Terra, Reev (pally alt), umm... who else?

Kazeyonoma
05-18-2011, 11:48 AM
...... do you sleep?

No... I wait.

Bovinity
05-18-2011, 11:50 AM
I mean, I consider myself a casual shoutbox user so would I be denied entry because I don't have a Bov-esque level of shout box shouts? :P

Hahah, submit the topic to Lore for PST. "What's the difference between a casual shoutboxer and a hardcore one?!"

Quinafoi
05-18-2011, 12:06 PM
A casual shoutboxer schedules their shoutboxing around their life where as the hardcore shoutboxer schedules their life around shoutboxing.

Fetzie
07-05-2011, 06:59 PM
... and a shoutbox addict counts every minute of shoutbox downtime while the site is being redesigned :<

Kazeyonoma
07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
pft true shoutboxer's are in so much withdrawl they actually come to tankspot IRC during downtime...

Fetzie
07-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Which network is it on and what is the channel name? :) there is never anyone in the Dal.net #tankspot channel :<

truculent
07-06-2011, 10:43 AM
i slept with the browser open last night. dam you and your downtime

Theotherone
07-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Horde or Alliance?

Kazeyonoma
07-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Which network is it on and what is the channel name? :) there is never anyone in the Dal.net #tankspot channel :<
irc.esper.net
#tankspot

truculent
09-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Bumping this and updated the OP...

Toushiro
09-10-2011, 10:35 AM
I'd do it, But I can't move my 85s.

If pyrea sees this.
-cough- Pyrea come to US i'll RAF and we power to 85 -cough-

truculent
09-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Horde or Alliance?

starting to look like alliance, drenden.
discussing saturday/sunday raids. mid afternoon kinda thing, but thats not set in stone.
only positive for now is that we are looking at no more then 2 days per week.

Kemanorel
09-11-2011, 01:01 AM
So the total of server/faction guilds formed by and at least partly staffed with Tankspotters is approaching 4 now?

<No Drama> / <Amardon> both headed by Terra, he of many, many, many faces, on US-Antonidas

<Goliath National Bank> lead by the alter-ego of the infamous Aggathon, Irylath, on US- Antonidas

<Night Watch> spearheaded by our missing musician Papapaint, with the un-nerfable Kemanorel holding the reins in trust, US-Mal'ganis.

<???> the brainchild of Truculent, on US-Dresden.

How to find them:

Night Watch: http://www.tankspot.com/group.php?groupid=42
Amardon: http://amardon.guildlaunch.com/
No Drama: http://nodramaguild.guildlaunch.com/
Goliath National Bank: http://www.gnb-guild.com/

PS:

Squats, Alent, Aggathon, Terra, Reev (pally alt), umm... who else?
Kemanorel is there on his hunter, Rosefirelite's paladin Rosestarlite, Reev put his rogue Reevh there, Nez has a handful, Toushiro has a lowbie in GNB since he's RAF grinding toons with someone there for now, and I'm sure there are a few stalkers lying about. And I'm going to tenatively say Bov is there in spirit since he took the trouble to register to GNB's snazzy new site.

truculent
09-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Well first of all I would note MagicBox- Drenden alliance, is an est guild that will raid on an est schedule, while the rest of the guilds mentioned are not focused on the same or even similar schedules. Im sure the number of guilds are much larger then 4, considering the number of people that visit the shoutbox regularly, but I took the liberty of throwing the idea out into the open. Im sure that everyone else mentioned has taken similar steps as well.

Taelas
09-13-2011, 01:43 AM
we did something like this years ago but for donors, and basically what happened was for 2-3 weeks, we had some active members, we goofed around, then it died out very quickly. Cider had a bear druid named Ciderella. LOLOLOLOLOL.

That guild was even named TankSpot. :D

Theotherone
09-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Okay so Alliance, Drenden server - do you need healers?

truculent
09-14-2011, 08:50 PM
resto druid, disc priest, ele shaman highest demand atm, sir

http://www.magicbox.wowstead.com

truculent
09-27-2011, 10:39 PM
we have 2 slots left if anyone is interested. non war tank and either spriest/disc, ele/resto or a lock.

Lilreggie
09-28-2011, 06:04 PM
I just hit 84 on my protection pally. Id be more than happy to raid with you guys. Im a fairly experienced HM tank, but I recently lost my main account due to a Terms of Service issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rystrave
09-30-2011, 01:05 PM
You guys should just go Horde. Horde is the way to go!

truculent
10-03-2011, 12:11 PM
for anyone still on the fence, we might be moving into a 25 man format. more info to follow.

Lilreggie
10-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Sorry I haven't been dodging, my money just got tight recently. Im still planning on coming over once I get my money right

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

truculent
10-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Really interested in a holy paladin or a resto shaman. anyone interested contact me asap

truculent
11-13-2011, 06:53 AM
we still need healers if anyone is interested. we can also take a mage at this point aswell.

PS- GNB from the list above is no more. :(

Charon
11-13-2011, 06:18 PM
If you guys take lowbie alts, I'll come BS with ya when I'm not working on Continuum. I'm definitely a casual player so I don't expect raid spots or anything.