PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Analyzing world of logs threat

Geach
05-17-2011, 11:24 AM
I am trying to analyze one attempt Atramedes. My gut tells me DPS jumped the gun and got threat on the start of the pull for. But I am not really certain.

The strategy we use makes it somewhat easy to pull threat. It is: Atramedes gets pulled with heroic throw I then book it it across the room with heroic leap (location wise I get the boss to the line on the floor near the entrance). This is done so the 1st wave of discs spawn in middle of the room. Giving a decent amount of time where I don't get to do anything else to the boss.

Misdirections are done to help but in one case threat last night it didn't seem to help. My question is what was different between this (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/56dl078er7j2ew40/log/?s=3243&e=3296) attempt compared to others where it wasn't an issue? I have looked through the logs and can't find the determining factor.

Tengenstein
05-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Buffs gained does not show you having tricks of the trade nor MD for the pull in question. Tricks is showing up on the others i don't see MD being on you during the boss fights at all on those logs. Maybe it wore off before the pull, after all the threat transfer only lasts 6 seconds.

kopcap
05-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Priest did not fade, rogue did not trick, one hunter did not md, and all together smacked the boss before you touched him. Gj DPS.

ps Teng, MDs dont show on target, have to look by caster.

Tengenstein
05-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Duh me then, i even remember that change happening sometime in 3.3.x