PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Warrior: difficuty targetting enemies during chaos and aoe's

Bobbito
05-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Ok, nub question here...

Is there an easy way to target enemy mob's other than just clicking on them or tabbing through them?

..such as say an add-on that will show enemies on the side and then you can just click on the icons or something?

Because I often have trouble, when players are squished together (or when there is a lot of aoe) and I cannot seem to click on an enemy that got away and is attacking some squishies in the group. Or even if I tab, cannot seem to get it right, or tell if I selected the right mob.

Any help is appreciated.

Sebadoh
05-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Download an addon called Tidy Plates: Threat Plates. It changes your nameplates to not suck, and changes their size and color depending on whether you have aggro or not (small and red = you have good aggro, medium and yellow = someone else is nearing your aggro output, big red and angry = you don't have aggro).

It also has a DPS or healing setting that does the opposite (green and small = you don't have threat, big and flashing red = HOLY BALLS I'M GONNA DIE).

Mäcintosh
05-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Sounds like you want Grid but for bad guys. Good idea, I think you are looking for Aloft. That may handle your needs.

Banterloft
05-17-2011, 08:19 AM
It shouldn't be that hard to write an untiframe that set up a bar for every un-friendly unit targeting you. It would be difficult to set it up units targeting everyone. Nearly impossible. I guess that would defeat the purpose of the frame. Once the mob targeted someone else then it would clear from your enemy unit frame.

I agree with Seb, L2Tidyplate

Contravene
05-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah that answer is tidy plates / threat plates and turning off friendly name plates including totems.. One huge plus is keybinding for the left hand and using the right hand to move with your mouse which I had to change to doing it sucked but it is over now lol.. Like I interrupt with just the middle button but I have CTRL + hover over the hud picture mouse clicks for multi taunt. Oh and if Tidy Plates / Threat Plates isn't showing enemy name plates correct /tptp and it check the box show enemies in the configs mine turns off on me sometimes..

Dragaan
05-17-2011, 05:08 PM
I've seen an addon that does something like what you're describing... Problem is, it was in an old kill video from some random PoV and I don't remember which. Dude had a list of every hostile target I guess that he was in combat with. Was either on the top or side of his screen... can't remember. I remember it cause I haven't ever seen anything else like it. If I remember more or figure out the name, I'll repost.

Bobbito
05-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the tips everyone..

I'll see if I can get tidy plates setup. (and maybe check out Aloft)

sifuedition
05-18-2011, 09:47 AM
My understanding was that a "hostile grid" won't work on most npc pulls. Gladius us different because every hostile is unique. For npc's, however, if they have the same name, their unique id is not available to addons so there is no way to distinquish one from the other.