PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Bear tanking any good in Cata?

Deathundone
05-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Ok, so here is the basic question, what is y'alls perspective on bear tanks in cata? I tanked during wrath as a pally and dk. Did some tanking in BC and Wrath as a warrior. Realy haven't done any bear tanking. Will be coming home to the states soon and will be main tanking for a 10 man raid group. Currently leveling the druid to lvl 85 so I don't have gear yet. I would say that I'm a fairly experienced tank and have already tanked a few heroics in cata on my DK. Just wanted to know if bears are squishy, good at holding single target aggro, and versitile in raid content. Thanks for your advice.

Destruyen
05-16-2011, 08:59 PM
bears are very versitile in raids since they have the highest dps out of the tanks, excellent single target threat imo, little squishy with aoe tanking but has barkskin on a short cd to pop many times. i switched from a prot warrior to a bear this expansion after playing my warrior since vanilla. i tank 5/13 heroic bosses (25 man average progression imo) with a couple of blues still and only on maloriak's dark phase did my gear become somewhat of an issue. if you are familiar with warrior tanking then bear tanking should be very easy to pick up.

Deathundone
05-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the advice. Just worried about my 10 man team advancing into 10 mans and having healers geared from heroics healing me when I'm geared from heroics in raids. Want to bring the best I can for the guild to the table while still able to do what I want.

Babum
05-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Yes.