PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Need pro help with Fury warrior AOE

Bung
05-13-2011, 04:04 AM
Last night on Heroic Maloriak I did horrible on my aoe damage. I've been playing fury for 4 years and on single target damage as SMF I do very well. An arms warrior did fantastic on the adds. I wanted to get some pro advice about how I can do better as fury. I can always try arms as an offspec, but I wanted that as a last resort. What do other fury warriors do for aoe? Is fury aoe just bad right now? I use a macro for cleave that looks like this:

/startattack
/cast Inner Rage
/cast cleave
/cast whirlwind

Is this wrong? Should I not use a macro for aoe? I also seem to have a major problem when I target as well. If I hit cleave and my current target dies I have to hit tab to find another target which seems to take too much time. What is a better way to move from one target to another in less time?

Thanks in advance all you warrior pro's....

Loganisis
05-13-2011, 08:02 AM
The only real AoE Fury has is WW, which is a 4 second CD in that situation. Cleave, glyphed is 3 targets. It's a lack of tools as much as anything.

I've been tempted at times to respect into 2/2 B+T thunder and stance dance into defensive and rend + TC XD

I'd be interested to see if there's anything I'm missing because I'm in the same boat.

Bung
05-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Loganisis what was really embarrassing was one other warrior was TG fury and his cleave damage was 2k better than mine. The arms warrior did about 8k damage higher and both are less geared than I am. I guess if there is no other answer duel speccing into arms might be the way to got for certain hard mode fights.

Loganisis
05-13-2011, 09:02 AM
It's not surprising that TG outperforms SMF in AoE unless I'm missing something. Cleave is AP based, but WW is weapon damage based.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1680

Base weapon damage for 2H is roughly 2x higher, with DPS being roughly 33% higher. TG should outperform SMF.

Are you saving CDs for the last 20%, are they? That might part of it if you are and they aren't?

Bung
05-13-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm blowing my CD's on the adds during the black phase. Is there a way to target the tanks targets?

Loganisis
05-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Set the add tank to your focus and then a macro to target the focus' target? I'm sure Qui or someone else could help with the correct snytax.