PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Just Mined a lot in Twilight Highlands...Now what

Bigzoman18
05-10-2011, 09:54 PM
In a nutshell, I spent a few days mining a lot of ore in twilight highlands so i can afford expansive enchants and Soul blade.. I am using the pyrite and the volatile fire/water for True gold (My dad is an alchemist so i get a free transmute other then that i pay for other cool downs.) I have a lot of elementium and when i saw the price on the AH and it depressed me. Is there anything else i can do with the elementium ore for profit. My current professions is mining and Blacksmithing. Any advice would be appreciated

Tengenstein
05-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Get a JC to prospect it, Get an alchemist to transmute the green quality gems to blue quality gems, sell the blue quality gems.

Loganisis
05-11-2011, 01:49 AM
If your server is anything like mine, only red gems sell for anything. Did you grab a lot of volatile earth? Hardened elementium is still going for 100 to 150g per bar on my server whereas most non-red superior gems cap out at 9g in the AH (even red raw is 60-110, cut is same range, depending on the day).

Sounds like you're selling the truegold, those still go for a fair bit.

Aggathon
05-11-2011, 03:14 AM
sometimes green gems sell more than blue gems because they're used for the JC daily.

Theotherone
05-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Green, purple and blue for the JC daily in lots of three sell nicely on my server.

Also, as someone said, Hardened Elementium sell for a good price too. Also, I've found that that some of the pvp crafted plate blue gear sells nicely, along with belt buckles.

fengosa
05-11-2011, 03:55 PM
If you're not looking for gold right away you might want to wait until firelands comes out. Demand for the ore/metal should go up once the new blacksmithing patterns are available.

Kemanorel
05-11-2011, 04:48 PM
green gems still sell well to people who actually use their fire prism cd, and the materials are identical for a shadowspirit transmute. Also, there are sometimes quirks of market that make older content ore more valuable, most notably KHORIUM. Also, you may want to befriend some alchemists and look into building stocks of things such as truegold, as it is likely to be heavily in demand as well once new crafted gear is available, (engineering also uses mining gathered mats). Belt buckles are always going to sell, and picking up the recipe for the legendary grade smelting (drops in Blackwing Lair, used for classic legendaries) is rarely called upon, but very often useful.

Or, just make lots and lots of keys and undercut the rogues for lockpicking.