PDA

View Full Version : Warlock [Affliction] Warlock In Dire Need Of Advice

Shiennar
05-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Hello, my name is Shiennar and I have lately started to doubt my abilities to draw damage from the twisting nethers. As a small background reference I will state that I have played my character faithfully through 4 years, and let me tell you, those years have been great. My interest in the general warlockery have never been as high as in this expansion and I had high hopes to continue like this.

However, "my" guild is progressing through heroics, currently at 9/13 and awaiting to bring down some new kills. With this said I have started to fall back on damage to the point where I have started to grow worried. Other warlocks seem to climb higher than I can either through lucky procs or other cheeky means, but it still leaves me a tad behind.
And I do think that in my gearlevel I should be performing alot better than the ~20k that I regularily do.

So I made this account on Tankspot to ask for help and advice in where to improve and where I should focus to get back the edge I had not so long ago. I hope a few helpful people could let me know their opinions and Ill be happy to answer any questions people have regarding my playstyle or character if it will further the answers that people may plan to post.

Spec:
The sole reason for choosing to be DrainLife Affliction was mostly because under progression on Nefarian Heroic I seemed to be able to increase my surviviability in drastic amounts by changing specs and fillers. After seeing this and reading up on Elitist Jerks I kept the spec even though Shadow Bolts have it easier when it comes to stacking Shadow Embrace. I do generally like the spec, but Im not sure if Im pulling it off right since I end up somewhat lower than similarly geared warlocks. In my opinion it should be better to survive longer if it costs you a few hundred dps, but I know thats a very divided discussion.

Gemming:
I have considered trying to gem full-on haste. This was something I did back on progression on Lich King during Wrath with great gains beating other affliction locks by 4-5k and dominating the meters by a mile. However the Lich King Heroic fight involved alot of movement and I wonder if the same gains will be applicable for Cataclysm as they changed how dots work with haste.

General:
This is not a e-peen thread by any means. I would love to have a decent discussion about haste versus intellect aswell as general discussion about my performance is well wanted.

World Of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/3123/
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/daggerspine/shiennar/advanced

Thanks!

Nekrot
05-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Alright. I took a look at your armory page and here's my opinion:

First, there has been a change to locks in the past week, that makes the drain life spec basically, well, crap. I too used to Drain Life spec and it was wonderful. But as of right now, the SB spec is the one to go for. I was easily putting out 2k more dps with it, and its easier to manage. Same rotation, you are just replacing Drain Life with SB. And respeccing to have Bane as opposed to Mana Feed.

Shiennar
05-26-2011, 03:15 PM
This is all true, I was however able to sneak a respec in back to the shadowbolt filler spec three days before the hotfix. Thanks for the answer and headsup nevertheless =)