PDA

View Full Version : Priest Help plz

healzya
05-10-2011, 04:33 AM
i am a 357 ilevel shadow priest mostly 359 gear i am pulling at the most 10k dps i need help plz post all my guild say i am ment to do way more my friend gets on his spriest and is in blues and does MORE dps then me plz help
heres my toon
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/jubeithos/healzya/simple

Illidra
05-10-2011, 04:37 AM
grammer punctuation full words help good

armory is down at the moment.

if you are i lvl 360 then its because you have pvp gear in your bags or you're in heroic raiding.

if you're mostly ilvl 359 and only pulling 10k then you msut be doing ( no offense meant here) something horribly wrong.

will edit whebn armory is up

healzya
05-10-2011, 04:43 AM
yer i have pvp gear in bag its 357 without pvp gear and im not good at english and something is wrong with my dps

Illidra
05-10-2011, 05:03 AM
ko ill retract the grammar remark then, yu jsut have similar typin patterns to a troll.

Glyphs:

Prime: Mind Flay, Shadow Word: Pain, Shadow Word: Death. These are set in stone.
Major: Spirit Tap is the only one that's strongly recommended. Otherwise, your choice for whatever you find most useful/needed.
Minor: Your choice.

you have dispersion instead of death, swap them.

As for reaching it, this is more of a matter of personal opinion. However, there are certain decisions that are clear cut -- you should never gem or enchant for spirit/hit if an INT gem/enchant is available in the same spot. INT is by far our strongest stat, and we should stack that over anything else.

you've gemmed for spirit which im assumign was to get more hit, ONLY do this with an int+spirit gem in a blue socket pref with an int bonus.
you are almost 5% off of the hit cap, so for every 100 casts you miss 5, or you could get unlucky and cast 10 spells and miss all of them.
reforge gear to get hit capped.

no head chest enchant, no shoulder enchant,

JC gems should ALWAYS be Intelect for casters.

you have a healign trinket, that proc is USELESS for you.

Int>Haste>Crit=Mastery

thats all for now.

what spell priority are you using?

healzya
05-10-2011, 05:12 AM
i use dots MB then MF till MB is off CD and refreash dots as needed

healzya
05-10-2011, 05:14 AM
and what gem should i use for blue?

Illidra
05-10-2011, 05:24 AM
if the socket bonus is intelect use int spirit, if not then you're better off just using pure intellect.

ok now your priority is a bti of an issue.

you need to focus more on keeping up your buffs than using spells when you can.

Vampiric Touch > Shadow Word: Pain > Devouring Plague > Shadow Word: Death (UNDER 25% hp on the boss) > Mind Blast > Mind Flay (When there's no need to apply dots and Mind Blast is on cooldown) / Mind Blast should now be cast on every cooldown.

EXCEPT - when your dot buff is about to/ has run out and you have no orbs, you try to get an orb before using mind blast to refresh the buff.

also, you always want to recast your dots JUST BEFORE they run out instead of after they run out for maximum up time as you don't lose a tick anymroe like in WoTLK