PDA

View Full Version : Warrior The typical fury " I NEED DPS HELP!"

Kaoscontrol
05-09-2011, 04:11 PM
So here I am askign the question that perhaps only some of you may be able to answer. HELP!
Something doesn't quite feel right with my precious fury warrior at the moment in the whole DPS department.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-venture-co/griimjaw/advanced
Currently that is the look of him - i'm aware about the offhand not being enchanted - sorting it.

See my issue currently is, as mentioned - the DPS of this alt. Currently the guild I'm in on this alt is hitting up heroics and what not - as people do, and I'm one of two fury warriors in there. The issue I'm having is actually keeping up with the other guy! He's on perhaps 22-25k......I'm sat down finding it hard to break the 16k barrier. The guy is like a machine! and I havent a clue what the difference is. I mean - okay there is a few bits of gear (Cho'gall axes vs my maces, fury of anger force etc) but theres only a few stat differences noticeable between us - I.e. 100 strength difference, 4% crit difference.
I just want to ask what on earth i'm doing wrong that anyone could possibly point out - or what the hell I Should be doing, as its getting the point I feel i'm actually letting the guild down and its just making me more than depressed over it when its brought up.

Standard fury rotation of CS> BT > RB> BT> Slam if procced. Rinse and repeat - heroic strike thrown in when i've a free global cooldown and 50+ rage.
Now the only thing the other guy has pointed out is timings - I.e durin CS, he'll be timing 2 heroic strikes into the duration of the Debuff....but thats all he's really said.
Anything - even if you have to break it down for me would be more than a help at this point than anything!
Cheers

Crittable
05-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Since I am not one that can assist in this matter because I'm fairly new to fury myself, I will say what those who can help will say...

Need logs.

They can help you so much better with combat logs than just seeing you type out your rotation. There's nothing saying about how often you use heroic strike (I see your guidelines to use it, but not how often you use it in a single fight), cool downs, or the difference between the other fury warrior's rotation vs. yours.

swelt
05-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Agree, you really want World of Logs (or similar) with both you and the other warrior in. Go through the logs and compare: are you getting similar numbers of bloodthirst/raging blows/cs/hs hits or are the patterns different. If different, try to work out why. Then look at 'buffs gained' and check for things like death wish, zerker rage, recklessness, trinket effects etc and check how many times you are doing it compared to him.

I went through a similar process recently myself, comparing my offspec performance to a mainspec fury warrior that was beating me. Gear was a factor, but the main thing was tightening my rotation. I saw that I was far behind on the number of BTs I was landing compared to him.

Nothing obviously+hugely wrong with your gear/enchants - obviously there are upgrades out there for you in some slots, and I assume you are planning to enchant your offhand...

Bung
05-10-2011, 09:07 AM
I checked out your gear. You should reforge the hit on the LtS trinket to crit. Get landslide on your weapons. Beyond that it's a rotation issue. Fury isn't really a rotation as much as it's a priority system with a rage dump(HS). Your priority if avail is CS>BT>RB>slam with proc only. You never want to miss a BT cooldown. Only use HS when you have +80 rage, not just when it's avail when nothing else is...you might be getting rage starved. Try it...write back.

Bung

Kaoscontrol
05-10-2011, 09:10 AM
All advise is appreciated and taken on board :) so thanks for taking the time out.

And as asked - I can't really make heads of tails of logs without the proper know how of what i'm looking for - However this was my log last night.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-47...3r/details/16/ (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-47ufkdu2q804f53r/details/16/)

compared to Nabius which was along the lines of

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-47...53r/details/7/ (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-47ufkdu2q804f53r/details/7/)

Again anything people can see please do keep me informed. I'm determined to get my DPS up higher to keep myself and everyone satisfied....but without knowing where the hell i'm going wrong....little difficult :(

swelt
05-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Looks to me as though you are getting less slams + raging blows in, perhaps at the expense of a few extra bloodthirsts? He uses golem blood pots, you don't. He's got nice weapon enchants, and his gear is a little bit better than yours overall, but I think the difference is only partly in gear and partly in him just squeezing the max out of his abilities.

Bung
05-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Overall he's getting in more abilities because he's managing his rage better (and generating more of it too). If you are really hitting HS with 50 rage you are killing your rage. Ask any fury warrior when they use HS.

Banterloft
05-12-2011, 10:50 AM
I am newer to fury as well and I thought the rule for HS was 70 rage or above. That way you never drop yourself to low to RB when it off procs. What is his haste? I know alot of people over look the haste since it is only slightly better than mastery for fury however, more white strikes mean move rage and more chances to proc.

Bung
05-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Haste is almost equal to mastery and really doesn't matter. For SMF warriors using HS when 65-70 rage is fine, but for TG 80-85 rage+ is recommended.