PDA

View Full Version : Healing Restor shaman healing

evilryu
05-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Hi, I need help with my shaman healing, I have couple questions about shaman healing strategies:

1, For chain heal, Should I cast it on target (with riptide on it, so chain heal will consume the riptide HOT) or cast on another target (with no riptide on, so chain heal will not consume riptide) if both targets lost their Health.

2, For riptide, it has 6s cooldown, so it means I can use three healing spell during riptide cooldown, but Tidal waves only has 2 charges, what spell should I use when I used all 2 Tidal waves charges and riptide still has 1.5s CD?

3, For weapon enchanting, as a restor shaman, do I go for power torrent or keep using heartsong? And if I put down my mana tide totem when heartsong Proc, does the mana tide totem count the 200 spirit in?

Sebadoh
05-08-2011, 10:59 PM
1) Keeping Riptide ticking on multiple targets is a huge part of Shaman healing. You can clip the last few seconds of it with a Chain Heal and it would be a decent HPS gain, but in general no you don't want to cast Chain Heal on Riptide targets. Keep in mind that the 25% boost only applies to the primary target, not the subsequent jumps.

2) It depends on the situation, there's no set "rotation" for healing. It's not the end of the world if you delay Riptide by a second or two though.

3) Power Torrent is good for throughput, but Heartsong knocks it out of the park for mana regen. Keep in mind that while Int > Spirit in general, PT only has like a 15-20% uptime so it's not a very reliable source of throughput. Also, Heartsong is really cheap. I'd stick with Heartsong unless you're swimming in mana. And no, Mana Tide only works with static Spirit or the stacking buffs from DMC: Tsunami or Jar of Ancient Remedies - Heartsong doesn't work with it.

evilryu
05-09-2011, 09:53 AM
1) Keeping Riptide ticking on multiple targets is a huge part of Shaman healing. You can clip the last few seconds of it with a Chain Heal and it would be a decent HPS gain, but in general no you don't want to cast Chain Heal on Riptide targets. Keep in mind that the 25% boost only applies to the primary target, not the subsequent jumps.

2) It depends on the situation, there's no set "rotation" for healing. It's not the end of the world if you delay Riptide by a second or two though.

3) Power Torrent is good for throughput, but Heartsong knocks it out of the park for mana regen. Keep in mind that while Int > Spirit in general, PT only has like a 15-20% uptime so it's not a very reliable source of throughput. Also, Heartsong is really cheap. I'd stick with Heartsong unless you're swimming in mana. And no, Mana Tide only works with static Spirit or the stacking buffs from DMC: Tsunami or Jar of Ancient Remedies - Heartsong doesn't work with it.

These help me alot, really appreciate your advices.