PDA

View Full Version : Warrior What should fury warrior mastery be at?

Playmaker
05-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Here's a link to my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/strikur/simple

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated, including what my mastery and crit stats should be at. Thanks!

-Strikur

klausi
05-09-2011, 03:20 AM
.. showing you in your tanking gear :)

Luckily wowprogress got your back (besides reforges) in a 5 days old cache. With almost full 359 gear you can expect ~12% hit , expertisecap, 18% crit and as low mastery as possible (due to your choice of items it will still be way to high, about 13ish) because after 4.1 you just want to bench it for crit/hit.

Playmaker
05-09-2011, 05:59 AM
haha sorry i logged out in tanking spec. But glad you were able to give me advice. So, from what I'm gathering, expertise 26/26, 12% hit (including the hit bonus in game, what is that called precision or something), and 18% crit. And reforge all master to crit/hit. Sound right????

I will log out on fury dps spec so maybe that will be helpful. Again, thx for taking the time to help me out! Cheers!

-Strikur

Loganisis
05-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Every piece of gear should have crit on, either naturally, or reforged. 18% isn't a magic number, it's a guesstimate of where it will be.

Then reforge into hit/expertise as needed to hit 8% hit and 26 expertise. If you can't reach those benchmarks (you should though) then remove crit from gear and reforge into which one you need. But reforge away from crit only as a second to last resort.

For practical purposes, assuming you can hit the expertise target of 26, it's pretty simple. Reforge into crit if possible, then hit. Reforge away from mastery first then haste (unless you have extra expertise to reforge away from).

Playmaker
05-10-2011, 02:37 PM
My expertise is 26/26, and hit is roughly 11% (including the ingame hit increase stat). Crit is 19.5% I believe. So should I drop hit down to 8% and put it in more crit or mastery or haste?

Loganisis
05-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Every piece of gear should have crit on, either naturally, or reforged. 18% isn't a magic number, it's a guesstimate of where it will be.

I can see where this would be confusing potentially. The operrative phrase is 'where it will be', not where it will be. Crit is your best stat outside of strength. It's not possible to have too much (unless it means hit is less than 8% or exp is less than 26).

Reforge into crit if possible, then hit. Reforge away from mastery first then haste (unless you have extra expertise to reforge away from).

Basically, as I understand it, haste is now slightly better than mastery for TG and is better for SMF, so:

STR > Hit to 8%/Exp to 26 > Crit > Hit to 27% > Haste >Mastery.

Check out TGM's Cataclysmic FUry guide at the top of the damage forum.