PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Squishy Tanking.

turkeh
05-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Heres my situation, I am doing some level 85 dungeons, And people always complain that I die fast and loose aggro fast.

I honestly feel retarded, I go no idea where I am going with this toon. People said to go for stam, so I did... I just screwed up my character further.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shuhalo/atillahwer/advanced

Tengenstein
05-07-2011, 01:58 AM
Until you start hitting heroic Raids you will have enough stam on gear, what you want is mastery and lots of it, gem it, reforge it, Try to not take pieces with either haste or Crit on them, those are not tanking stats and won't really help you. Expertise and Hit are, while good for threat, something you don't really need either. you want parry and dodge, not as much as mastery but you still want them, which one you want most depends on which one you have more of. if you have more parry rating you want more dodge rating, if you have more dodge rating, you will want more parry rating. the ultimate goal is to have about near eqal amounts of parry and dodge rating and have lots and lots of mastery. you really should be using some tanking trinkets. THis will hopefully stop you dying alsong as nothing stupid happens. Get your Blacksmithing proffession bonus.

As to threat I would change up your prime glyphs slightly. Exchang GoSI for Glyph of Seal of truth and use seal of truth. I'd also drop the 2 points in Eternal Glory, 1 point in divine guardian (won't need this in dungeons) and picking up Rule of Law in the ret Tree. I would consider Deropping Eye for an Eye and Guardian's Favour for Imp. Judgements and Pursiut of Justice.

on Pulls you want to be making liberal use of Avernging wrath and divine plea so you can start off with some heavy hits, Avengers shield going in, then either A ShotR on single targets or an Inquisition buffer Hotr on Multi targets.

your basic rotation will look like this

CS>J>CS>X>CS>ShotR

CS=Crusader Strike
J=Judgement
X= Avengers shield, or (if its on CD) Consercration, or (if its on CD) Holy wrath
ShotR= Shield of the Righteous

Multi target you want to replacce crusdaer strike with Hammer of the righteous and Shield of the rhighteous with inquisition.

Ultimaspike
05-07-2011, 08:43 AM
If you are serious about learning to tank then check out maintankadin and look at the forums there is a wealth of information in there that will help you.
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/

turkeh
05-08-2011, 07:26 PM
thanks for putting a link to another forum.

So I should be going for mastery atm?

aresius
05-09-2011, 06:08 AM
... what you want is mastery and lots of it, gem it, reforge it,
That was awnsered already.

Darcangl
05-09-2011, 08:42 AM
dont for get to enchant your gear, rep enchants and if you cant afford the Cata enchants lichking one work for starting out