PDA

View Full Version : PST - Episode 28

Lore
05-06-2011, 04:16 PM
fZ_ATPyHgrY

This week:
- What does average item level really tell you?
- Can farm status content really be exciting?
- Should I save my valor points for 4.2?
- How much talking on Vent is okay during a raid?
and more!

Krenian
05-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Love how you nail some of your guild members for wipes. Bahaha!

lifeinhell
05-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Free Gary Gannon!

Tryak
05-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I use QuickMark for marking. I find it super helpful and you can scale it and put it anywhere.

Ghos7Face
05-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Shift + Scroll Up/Down - Skull/Criss
Ctrl + Scroll Up/Down - Square/Triangle
Alt + Scroll Up/Down - Diamond/Moon
Shift + Ctrl + Scroll Up/Down - Star/Circle

Works great for me.

Fetzie
05-07-2011, 05:05 AM
My targets are on the number pad skull, X, star on 1 2 3 rest are on the other numbers

Berzerker
05-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Shift + Scroll Up/Down - Skull/Criss
Ctrl + Scroll Up/Down - Square/Triangle
Alt + Scroll Up/Down - Diamond/Moon
Shift + Ctrl + Scroll Up/Down - Star/Circle

Works great for me.

but they'd work horrible for me. mousewheel up/down is already mapped as HS/cleave. I have several very frequently used keys that are alt+ and means I'm rather frequently holding alt as a result, even while scrolling the wheel. Remapping alt+wheel means I have to specifically let off alt everytime I want to HS/Cleave, and in the end it's just excessive key juggling for no reason.

So don't feel like ... "Oh I'm not a real serious raider if I'm clicking to assign raid markers"

heh, the list of reasons why I'm not a serious raider is too long to include this. It's just one of the (many) things my guild also rags on me over, because they know it gets under my skin.

Marcis
05-07-2011, 08:19 AM
I do not think saving Valor Points is an option.
There is 4000 cap anyway. If current gear "prices" will be the same for T12 - 2200 for chest/legs, 1650 for gloves and rest for some boss-dropped marks then basically for 4000VP one can afford 1 "big" piece and 1 small. 2 set bonus at start.
But for the rest of the set ... i dunno.
Maybe they are going to introduce some new marks to sell some other higher ilvl items...

Eoika
05-07-2011, 08:49 AM
I like how the end of the episode can fit perfectly with the Unsolved Mysteries theme.

Fetzie
05-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I do not think saving Valor Points is an option.
There is 4000 cap anyway. If current gear "prices" will be the same for T12 - 2200 for chest/legs, 1650 for gloves and rest for some boss-dropped marks then basically for 4000VP one can afford 1 "big" piece and 1 small. 2 set bonus at start.
But for the rest of the set ... i dunno.
Maybe they are going to introduce some new marks to sell some other higher ilvl items...

There is no hard cap on Valor Point accumulation, only that you can only gain 1250 of them per week.

Only Justice Points have a hard cap on the amount you can bank.

Otan
05-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Saving valor points is not an option because you will have your valor changed to justice points and valor points set to zero. You can't save valor points. At this point I think people are just trolling because it has been said so many times.

Xcuse
05-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Justice points remain 1:1 right?

What happens if you have more than 4k JP after the conversion? Do you lose anything above 4k?

Fetzie
05-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I guess you will either not be able to gain any more until you have spent your way below the cap, or you will get the points above 4000 converted to gold, similar to when 4.0 went live and frost emblems became justice points.

Dedic
05-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Hey and who has two thumbs and uses the numpad for marking? THIS GUY, lol. I do something that lore suggests! I...AM...IMMORTAL!

Secretofthedark
05-08-2011, 04:18 AM
Hey,

I am liking this speculation about the raids and bosses coming in. But guys you forgot the most important one!! Aren't we likely to get the new boss in Baradin Hold!!!! More Pitlord facerole please!! :D

Fetzie
05-08-2011, 04:29 AM
Yes, we will be getting a new loot pinata in Baradin Hold :)

krilz
05-08-2011, 05:38 AM
I hotkeyed marks from F1 all the way up to F8, with F1 being skull and F8 being star. A neat trick that a guildie taught me back in TBC and it works great. For weird marks such as star and circle which are a bit hard to reach, these are often set up before pull so it doesn't matter and setting up basic marks during combat such as skull and cross is very easy (F1 and F2).

The best thing about this is it very fast, it doesn't require any weird buttons, it doesn't take up any important buttons (F-keys are often the bag keys) and it doesn't require any addons.

feralminded
05-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Alt 1-8 has served me well. Easy to learn and implement and you never really get there. Of course I have 72 hot keys with bartender so I guess I just know a lot of hot keys.