PDA

View Full Version : Warrior What should Fury Warrior Mastery rating be at?

Playmaker
05-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Hey all, this is my first post and I'm glad to finally be a part of this site!

I currently have a fury warrior, here is the link to my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/strikur/simple

First off, are there any changes in general ya'll would suggest I make to increase my dps. Secondly, I'm curious what my mastery and crit rating should be at. I do quite well in the new raid encounters in guild runs - recount shows between 16K-17K dps, but sometimes it drops down to 13K or so. I know my rotations quite well. I'm open to any and all advice to improve my overall dps and gameplay and I knew this was the place to go!!!! Oh and I have read through the forum posts prior to this, I'm not trying to be lazy and not research. I just felt it would be beneficial to post my armory and get any and all feedback whether good or bad to get my dps up even more! Thanks in advance and thank you for such an awesome site!!!!

Omen9988
05-12-2011, 10:55 AM
If your gear doesn't have any haste or excess expertise on it. I would reforge your mastery to crit. If it has crit already go for hit rating. If it by some miricale has both. Then just leave it alone.

arctus
05-23-2011, 05:17 AM
Your gear looks okay. A few little things that could be improved, but it looks okay.

However i would try to get more hit. Usually your stat priority is

str - - - - -crit - - hit / mastery - - haste.

So in terms of dps hit and mastery are pretty close. However, a few missed white hits can rage starve you and cost you thousands of dps. Also not getting enraged because of missed hits screws your rota.

So regarding your question, there is no mastery cap, that you need to achieve. Just take what you get and its okay. Crit is your 2. best stat after str. So try to reforge most for it.

Asmalya
05-26-2011, 02:24 AM
First: with your gear 16k-17k sounds low. Maybe not for fights like Atramedes but for most fights you should come close to 20k. So maybe there more issuses involed then gear.
I dont think TG is so much behind SMF.

Regarding your question: Krit should be on EVERY SINGLE PIECE you wear. If an item doesnt have crit on it -> reforge for.
after getting 26 expertise there shouldnt be many pieces which are not reforged for krit or expertise. The few left i would go for hit but then again im playing smf only so maybe theres a line for tg where mastery becomes better than hit.

But then again i think there are some issues maybe with your rota or latency or something else.

Playmaker
05-30-2011, 06:15 AM
I'm now maintaining between 19K and 23K dps on fights. The main difference I've made is that my entire rotation (excluding CS) is now keybound. When I made the previous post, I had been clicking on RB and Slam w/ my mouse, as well as clicking on Executioner when boss was below 20%. I've noticed a significant difference in overall dps and damage done w/ keybinding my rotation.

Two questions I have are - I have noticed that in fights such as Alakir and Atramedes, though mainly Alakir that my dps drops. Is this normal for a fury warrior? And secondly, my expertise is currently 26/29 with the axe off of Chogall equipped in my MH and mace off of Magmaw equipped in OH. Should I switch the mace to my MH and then reforge some expertise to another stat (which would maintain exp rating at 26 only in MH) or just leave as is?

klausi
05-30-2011, 07:10 AM
On Al'Akir your dps should be higher due to the increased damage done during phase 2, you can avoid a lot of movement thanks to intercept/leap/(intervene).

On Atramedes your dps will be fairly low because you can't attack him during the air phase (something they really should fix and change it to an Onyxia esque jumping part :)).

For your expertise: just sim it. I guess you'll barely notice any change.