PDA

View Full Version : It Returns.... Kaze/Lore SC2 Tournament Part Deux

Pages : [1] 2

Kazeyonoma
05-03-2011, 02:40 PM
http://a.random-image.net/handler.aspx?username=chocogoob&randomizername=kazeloreopentourney&random=4318.601

After long hiatus and finally being able to get the first one done/casted/finished. We are proud to announce the 2nd coming of the Kaze/Lore Starcraft 2 Tournament!

This time around it will be a double elimination tournament format following similar rule sets from our previous incarnation. Sign-ups are now open for all to sign up, please just leave your starcraft id.code and I'll add you to our potential lists. Since this originated as a Donor tournament, I'd like to give some preference to Donors and previous participants who did well will gain automatic seeding in the tournament. Depending on the turnout, we may have to set a maximum number of players allowed.

Did I mention we have a prize pool this time? Funded entirely by your loving tournament holders and a great individual sponsor by the name of Pers3us, along with myself and Lore.
The prize pool breakdown is as follows:
1st $100 US
2nd $55 US
3rd $25 US
(paid likely via paypal)

So hopefully you guys don't call it quits midway through the tournament this time! Other than the technical stuff below. Feel free to post here to ask questions etc, as I will be updating this thread as we go! Lets get it on!

Rules:
1) Once the brackets are assigned and your opponent is indicated, it is your job to contact said player and schedule a time for a match. In an effort to prevent this from going on forever, a 1 week deadline is imposed before disqualification but please attempt to play 3 matches a week to prevent this tournament from going on too long.
2) Play will be best out of 3 format in the first round, and eventually we will be ramping it up to best out of 5 for the semifinals and best out of 7 for the final.
3) Loser will select the next map. Original map will be MLG Shattered Temple.
4) Replays will be uploaded and posted in the tournament thread. Please do not post results in this thread (use the results thread), PMs would be preferred to myself, Lore, and/or Skyborn.
5) Games without replays will not be considered.
6) Disconnects - less than 3 minute D/C's can be replayed, the first time, repeated d/c's are disqualifications, and any matches where a d/c happens mid/late game will likely need to be reviewed.
7) Seeding will be determined based on previous Kaze/Lore results, and new participants will be ranked based on their sc2ranks profile.
8) In an effort to keep this competitive for the majority of the players and true to the intention of the tournament (a Diamond and lower tournament for tankspotters), we MAY have to disclude players if we feel they will take away from the tournament. (You are still able to sign up if you are above diamond level, we just want to make sure you understand that tournament entry will be at our discretion for fairness sake).
9) Observers are prohibited under every circumstance unless accompanied by myself, Lore, or another designated tournament director for casting purposes.
10) Once you select a race for your first match in the round of 64, that is the race you are expected to stay with the rest of the tournament, this includes selecting random (you have to be random the rest of the tournament if you go random in ro64).

Map Pool
MLG Metalopolis (4 player medium map, No Close positions, neutral supply depot at base of ramp to prevent early wall in)
MLG Shattered Temple (4 player medium map, No Close positions, neutral supply depot at base of ramp to prevent early wall in)
MLG Xel’Naga Caverns (2 player small-medium map, Neutral supply depot at base of ramp to prevent early wall in)
Blizzard Shakuras Plateau (Ladder version, 4 Player Medium-Large map, No more back door rocks into main connecting south-south, north-north bases)
Tal'Darim Altar LE (Ladder edition, 4 Player Medium-Large map, 2 Base easily defendible with 3rd in close proximity)
TSL3 GSL Terminus RE (4 Player Large map, Circular Symmetry map, 3 bases easily defend-able)
GSL May Crevasse (4 Player Medium-Large map, Circular Symmetry, natural is easily taken/protected, 3rd base just below main ramp, long ground distances can be made shorter via destructible rocks)
GSL May Crossfire SE (2 player, Medium sized map, 2 narrow pathways that segment the map across many ramps and high/low ground areas)

The MLG map pool on Battle.net has been updated; to access this map pool, including the non-ladder maps, simply search for "MLG" on the StarCraft 2 map selection screen.

GSL maps can be found via searching GSL in the custom map pool. Make sure you download the exact named version above and no other variation.

Reporting a win

Due dates: 1 week from th tuesday the round is started. Tournament officially starts on May 24th, 2011.

Once a match (a full best of X) has been completed, the winner needs to report it to Kazeyonoma, Lore and Skyborn, via PM. This must include the replays of all games played. This can be done through a site such as gamereplays.org or any other reasonable file hosting method (althought gamereplays.org is preferred). Should they feel it necessary, the loser has until the match deadline to contest the reported win, at which point the tournament directors will look at the replays to make sure nothing funny was going on, and make a judgment call if necessary. The loser may provide their own copies of the replays if they wish.

In the event that you cannot get into contact with your scheduled opponent:
1. Make sure you're using any and all contact methods available to you. For now this will probably just be through Tankspot or Battle.net for most players. Please be diligent.
2. Attempt to contact them early and often. Don't wait until Tuesday evening to try and set up a time to play your matches.
3. If they're just not answering (hopefully this doesn't happen, but just in case): let the tournament directors know at least 24 hours ahead of the deadline. We'll try to get in contact with them as well. In the event that contact is never made, and we are satisfied that you've done everything you could to set up the match, we'll most likely default you the win.

Results will be posted to the Results thread: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?75956-Kaze-Lore-SC2-Tournament-Season-2-Results!

In closing,

Remember this is just for fun, between friends, and to get some friendly competition going. Reply if you are interested in trying your hand! Just because you may not be platinum level doesn't mean you can't enjoy your time in this, you never know, sometimes wonky unpredictable strategies beat even the best of players!

ALL CURRENTLY UNPLAYED MATCHES HAVE UNTIL TUESDAY AUGUST SECOND TO HAVE THEM PLAYED OR AT LEAST SCHEDULED. ANY NON-CONTACT FROM PARTIES WHO HAVE OPPONENTS, WILL BE DEFAULTED TO PROCEED WITH THE TOURNAMENT. THE MATCHES AFTER THAT WILL AGAIN BE 1 WEEK LIMITS ALL THE WAY UNTIL THE GRAND FINALS WITH MATCHES DUE 11:59PM MONDAY NIGHT OF EACH WEEK!

Enrollment is now closed!

Enrolled players (gamer tags if given--you'll have to give your gamer tags when this starts eventually in order to set up matches):

SC2Ranks division (thanks to Skyborn!) http://sc2ranks.com/c/9295/kazelore-2-0/

1. Kazeyonoma (Kazeyonoma.732) (T)
2. Skyborn (RevNewborn.135) Defending CHAMPION
3. Musclebound (Kestnuts.240) (T)
4. Soan (Soan.303) (T)
5. Chamenas (Chamenas.261) (P)
6. Irat (Detriment.344) (P)
7. ZeroVector (ZeroVector.286)
8. Illidra (Belligerent.430) (Z)
9. Tripp6sic6 (Tripp.208)
10. Ghost (ghost.1890) (T)
11. Quinafoi (Quinafoi.409) (Z)
12. Petninja (Rakanishu.687)
13. Thamiorr (Thamiorr.407) (T)
14. wgu8312 (sLyMeRr.866) (P)
15. Chickenpox (Loliser.440) (T)
16. Eradin (Eradin.543)
17. Lore (devolore.597) (P)
18. MeridainDosi (Meridiandosi.849) (P)
19. Seretak (Seretak.805 ) (P)
20. Twothree (Twothree.661 ) (Z)
21. Maxisamadman (Maxisamadman.317) (T)
22. shadowcrone (shadowcrone.229) (P)
23. Haemiola (Alamire.592) (Z)
24. TeddyTauren (Teddy.164) (T)
25. jasonstarr (Xelnas.185) (R)
26. Socio (Socio.773) (Z)
27. Olar117 (Olar.854) (P)
28. widowmaker (Widowmaker.313) (Z)
29. Recoyle (Recoyle.318) (R)
30. exeon (exeon.770)
31. Giliandrix (Nova.254) (T)
32. cdot (Cdot.539) (Z)
33. Seam00120 (Seam.482) (Z)
34. Zeppelinz (gggg.831) (Z)
35. Analysis (RastisRules.198) (Z)
36. Kalathos89 (Kalathos.540) (P)
37. Oggokogok (Oggokogok.151) (Z)
38. Lakshata (MichiganBoy.887) (P)
39. Notawatacula (Officedrone.698) (T)
40. Jendoren (Polemos.391) (T)
41. Gless (Divineone.789) (P)
42. filosopher (filosopher.479) (P)
43. Eoika (Eoika.877) (Z)
44. Furion (Furion.226) (P)
45. Siosec (CheezeThis.727) (Z)
46. Palmtop (Palmtops.344) (DEFAULT WITHDRAW)
47. Reignist (Chaote.392) (Z)
48. Tarmusk (Tarmusk.470)
49. Essay (Èssay.491) (DEFAULT WITHDRAW)
50. Hammajamma (Synergy.822)
51. texasranger (Texasranger.866)
52. Otori (System.402)
53. Caltu (clpunk.877) (T)
54. lemonayd (moxen.248) (P)
55. PvtCaboose (Caboose.182) (P)
56. Ortz (Ortz.127) (T)
57. littleroach (RoachHC.944) (T)
58. Fusik (HIVEfusik.542)
59. Delphirus (Delph.387) (P)
60. Kablamo (Kablamo.796) (Z)
61. Blackshorn (Osirion.770) (P)
62. Daresien (Daresien.858) (R)
63. DudeBroGuy (DudeBroGuy.637) (P)
64. Platu (WunTime.592)

For brackets please check out:
http://challonge.com/kazelore2

For results please check out the Results thread that is stickied or follow this link:
http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?75956-Kaze-Lore-SC2-Tournament-Season-2-Results!

Please join channel "Tankspot" on bnet if you want to find practice partners or to search for your opponents but please add them to your friends list and pm them here on the forums to setup your matches.

Aggathon
05-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Did lore ever post the finals of the last one?

Kazeyonoma
05-03-2011, 02:51 PM
yep! head to http://ftwgaming.com to see the final matches, casted by Lore with special guest... ME! ;D

Chamenas
05-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Looks epic. I'm way too out of practice, but maybe I'll do it still. We'll see :)

Kazeyonoma
05-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Hey, it's just for fun amongst friends/donors/etc. the prize pool is more incentive for people to not default matches as we draw near the finals, but all are welcome to participate. I think last season, 2 bronze level players made it out of their groups and into the tournament bracket. Zero reason why you can't do it too!

Skyborn
05-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Even though I've taken a long break from SC2 I should dust off the ol' mouse and keyboard for this one. The last one was super fun, but hopefully I get matchups besides ZvP this time through!

RevNewborn.135

Thanks so much for organizing and casting Kaze/Lore!

Musclebound
05-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Kestnuts.240

Last one was a lot of fun :)

Soan
05-03-2011, 03:28 PM
ooh guess I better start playing more! Probably going to be playing terran this time, lets see if I make it as far as I did last time as zerg.

Soan.303.

Eoika
05-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Even though I've taken a long break from SC2 I should dust off the ol' mouse and keyboard for this one. The last one was super fun, but hopefully I get matchups besides ZvP this time through!

You will not deny my vengeance!

Chamenas
05-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Eh, it'll be fun. Chamenas#261

Irat
05-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Me too please i think my code is:
Detriment.344

Hopefully thats not the SEA number.

ZeroVector.286
05-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I haz no idea when this is or how to register but I'd like to participate

Chamenas
05-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Post your account name and character code (found if you hover over your name in the game or on the official SC2 forums) and say you'd like to join.

Irat
05-03-2011, 10:41 PM
think you'll find it is his name. :P

Welcome to tankspot Zero.

Irat
05-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Does anyone have any info on MLGs map modifications?

Kazeyonoma
05-03-2011, 10:48 PM
no close positions on maps where that's possible, and there's a neutral submerged supply depot at the bottom of ramps to prevent ramp wall ins.

Lore
05-03-2011, 11:45 PM
ya we'll have an update with info on what the modifications actually are and such once we finalize the map pool

Pers3us
05-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Is it possible for me to add to the reward pool at all?

The reason I ask is because I will most likely not be able to participate in this one (I sure plan on watching them), and I would just like to increase the incentive to not default matches for more epicness for my eyes. If that makes sense.

Illidra
05-04-2011, 02:13 AM
I'm in, but if anyone is going to end up defaulting though itll be me as i live in the UK so scheduling is fucking awkward :P

Belligerent.430

:P

tripp6sic6
05-04-2011, 05:46 AM
Count me in again. This was a lot of fun last time.

Tripp.208

Musclebound
05-04-2011, 11:52 AM
just out of curisoity, has any thought been given to making a 2v2 or 3v3 tournament?

Kazeyonoma
05-04-2011, 01:37 PM
I've thought about it myself but nothing discussed with others. The problem is that the game isn't really balanced for 2v2s or 3v3s (though we will see an occasional change because of the severe overpoweredness of a certain unit comp or whatever cuz of 2+v2+ games) and while i enjoy playing 2v2s and 3v3s with friends. at a tournament level, in order to win, we'll end up seeing just a lot of 3rax, 4gate, 10 pool/7rr type play all the time because it works. Evil Geniuses had some sort of 2v2 team, and Axslav/StrifeCro destroyed it because every game lasted less than 10 minutes. While fun to play, it's not very good spectating.

Quinafoi
05-04-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm not big into the 1v1 game myself but I'll throw my name in the bunch.

Quinafoi.409 (Platinum Zerg)

Money is good. But so is meeting new people to play with.

Petninja
05-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Bah, I'm probably even worse than I was last time through.

Kazeyonoma
05-05-2011, 02:12 PM
that's the major point of this tourney anyways, for fun for all to enjoy and just have some good games with a smidgen of competitiveness (did i really just use the word smidgen?)

Petninja woot, welcome back, and no bailing out this time! ;D

Kazeyonoma
05-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Is it possible for me to add to the reward pool at all?

The reason I ask is because I will most likely not be able to participate in this one (I sure plan on watching them), and I would just like to increase the incentive to not default matches for more epicness for my eyes. If that makes sense.

I'll talk to Lore about it, sorry you can't participate though. I think Lore mentioned he may be able to actually livestream the casts from some earlier testing he did late last night. If that works, we may be able to live cast a bunch of them instead of relying on just replays until the final 3 matches. It's still in the air though, it's just showing some hopefulness =] Thanks again for your support though!

Pers3us
05-05-2011, 09:57 PM
I'll talk to Lore about it, sorry you can't participate though. I think Lore mentioned he may be able to actually livestream the casts from some earlier testing he did late last night. If that works, we may be able to live cast a bunch of them instead of relying on just replays until the final 3 matches. It's still in the air though, it's just showing some hopefulness =] Thanks again for your support though!

Thanks for the response! If the live stream does in fact end up working, that would be amazing. Hopefully I won't be working during those times, but if so, the replays will do. Just let me know what the decision is for the increased reward pool whenever you guys come to a conclusion. If yes, that's awesome. I will feel like I participated in the tournament without actually playing in it. If no, then I still will look forward to watching the epicness ensue.

Thamiorr
05-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Im in it to win it!*
Thamiorr.407
*well to see how far i'll get that is :-P

wgu8312
05-06-2011, 12:54 AM
i have both acc for NA and SEA server
Both ID is sLyMeRr#866
My question is what server this tourney and time ?

TQ

Kazeyonoma
05-06-2011, 01:24 AM
it will be played on NA only unfortunately.

time is not 100% sure yet, it's pretty casual so we'll try to get 1 or 2 matches played per week, and I'll probably cut off the sign ups in 2 or 3 weeks (depends on how many players sign up, we want at least 16, but probably no more than 64)

Illidra
05-06-2011, 08:25 AM
kaze i actually got my jsutin tv stream working with a semi decent frame rate, my internet upload is capepd which sucks nuts, but i can stream it live in 480p if i can get my schedule to work around the matches.

i.e you me + lore in a skype call you 2 commentate while i move the screen to follow the action etc, that's if lore cant get it workign ofc.

if i could get onto bnet at work itd be fine coz my work has 25 mbps upload speed QQ.

Quinafoi
05-06-2011, 08:58 AM
I remember some of the earlier ones in season one of GSL where Tasteless and Artosis were talking about stuff and the screen wasn't even remotely close to what they were talking about because the screen was controled by someone else. It really doesn't work that well, best to have at least one of the commentators controling the screen so you are definately looking at what is being talked about. Not saying you wouldn't do a lot better by at least having a clue what to move the screen to, but it is still a little annoying that they start talking about something before you the viewer see what they see.

It's just more enjoyable if the viewer is noticing the "exciting thing" (whatever it may be) the same time as the commentator (this gives the viewer more of a sense of sharing in the excitement). For example when an experienced commentator like Day9 gets all excited when he sees something cool. "And HOOOOOLY CRAP, we have a six pool coming in! OOOH how awesome!" (Day9, Amazon.com tournament, game 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OccfaboqF4)) That's part of what makes it enjoyable to watch.

Even if the commentating is good, if the video isn't in sync with the commentating it loses a great deal of the value because you don't feel that excitement at the same time (bad video, or even just out of sync video, can make even pro commentators look bad).

Chickenpox
05-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Ill bite :3
Played a few matches last time, but comptuer borked D:
Loliser.440

Kazeyonoma
05-06-2011, 03:24 PM
the observer role was previously held by tasteless and he said he couldn't really give comments because he was too focused in that task, so they gave it to someone else (which is how korean commentators do it). They still have an observer even now in season 6 or whatever this is, he's just gotten better at it.

Thanks for the volunteerism illidra, but we'll see how it goes from here, me and lore are zombies, we normally do our playing and casting at like 2am-6am CET. I doubt you want to be up with us.

Destructiv
05-06-2011, 06:06 PM
FuRYoFSWaRM.kalel 640

Chamenas
05-06-2011, 09:01 PM
the observer role was previously held by tasteless and he said he couldn't really give comments because he was too focused in that task, so they gave it to someone else (which is how korean commentators do it). They still have an observer even now in season 6 or whatever this is, he's just gotten better at it.

Thanks for the volunteerism illidra, but we'll see how it goes from here, me and lore are zombies, we normally do our playing and casting at like 2am-6am CET. I doubt you want to be up with us.

Remember that he's in the UK and thus many many hours ahead :)

Soan
05-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Not as many hours ahead as me!

Chamenas
05-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Not as many hours ahead as me!

We try to forget about you!

(not really, I'm not being serious)

Lore
05-07-2011, 05:59 AM

Worth noting that the TSL has a dedicated observer also (Hot_Bid). I'm not 100% sure but I believe NASL is using one now too.

Having a dedicated observer really makes the games significantly easier to cast. Before we look into that though we need to figure out if we'll be casting from replays or not, because you need a beast of a machine on the observer's end to not have sync issues. That's the problem we had with the finals of Kaze/Lore 1, and the problem that NASL's showmatch between Idra and Jinro had -- when the observer's machine is under too much stress, it actually plays back the replays very slightly slower. The end result is that your commentators start calling out stuff that hasn't actually happened yet.

Illidra
05-07-2011, 09:12 AM
when i stream my games my CPU normally peaks at about 70% usage, i cant imagine skype taking up the other 30%.

but yeah 2-6 am CET is 1-5 for me, depending on the dates of the matches it shoudltn be a problem im usually up to about 3 am.

basically i finish work mid june, i have 10 days holiday left so i can either finish on june 5th or the 17th and get more money in my final pay pack

Eradin
05-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Sounds good! Thanks for setting this up!

Eradin.543

FAULtless
05-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Faultless.474

Illidra
05-07-2011, 05:42 PM
nice to see jsut how many sc2 players are coming out of the woodwork :D

Chamenas
05-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Signatures for people who are participating in the tournament and want to show it off:

Terran
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/ChocoGoob/TankSpot%20stuff/SigTerranKaze-LoreOpenTourney2.png

Zerg
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/ChocoGoob/TankSpot%20stuff/SigZergKaze-LoreOpenTourney2.png

Protoss
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/ChocoGoob/TankSpot%20stuff/SigProtossKaze-LoreOpenTourney2.png

Random (changes randomly)
http://a.random-image.net/chocogoob/kazeloreopentourneysig.jpg
http://a.random-image.net/chocogoob/kazeloreopentourneyrandomsig.jpg

MeridainDosi
05-08-2011, 02:27 AM
would love to participate in the tournament had a blast watching all the the last ones.
Meridiandosi :849:

Chickenpox
05-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Question, What if people are on different servers?
I.E. you play someone whos EU, and your on NA

Eoika
05-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Well since the tournament will be on NA servers only, I think whoever is on the EU will need to get an NA account.

Seretak
05-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Seretak.805

Chamenas
05-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Finished the Protoss signature. Will hopefully have a Protoss "banner" image later on tonight, after work. Feel free to use them, spread word!

Lore
05-08-2011, 07:08 PM
fyi:

http://puu.sh/1WP9

Chamenas
05-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Oh wow, how fun, I'll fix that.

Lore
05-08-2011, 09:01 PM
:P

Chamenas
05-08-2011, 09:37 PM
There's actually psychology behind why that happens, my spelling isn't bad! (Not sure why it's important, given your emoticon suggests it's not a big deal) In any case, I just finished the Protoss banner image as well, but Kaze is not lurking right now so it might be a bit before that's attached as a thumbnail.

I found a site to randomize images, so that, if Kaze and Lore want, they can rotate through all three race image banners randomly in the first post. However, the site that does it sort of feels very slow. If anyone knows of a top-notch (free) site that can take three images and display one randomly to an image tag (thus it has to have one static image link to which the actual image changes) definitely let me know.

Kazeyonoma
05-08-2011, 11:38 PM
thread updated.

Kazeyonoma
05-09-2011, 04:17 PM
19 players so far, potentially 20 if Lore opts to play (he'd like to just cast but he'll participate if needed), lets see if we can get enrollment up to the 32 number mark for some truly epic games! Good luck to everyone and lets hope for a fun tournament!

Tournament cut off will be 2 weeks from tomorrow before I do final seeding, release the brackets, and notify the players of their matches and deadlines for the match. So if you have friends who might be interested, let them know to sign up before May 24th, 12:01AM PDT.

Fetzie
05-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I'd sign up if I had a US SCII account :/ Guess I'll be cheering you guys on from the sidelines.

Kazeyonoma
05-09-2011, 05:13 PM
I'll ask some of my friends and see if any of them are willing to loan you their US account. I'll let you know, for now I won't include you in the tournament just yet.

Twothree
05-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Looking forward to it!!

Twothree.661

Illidra
05-11-2011, 11:53 AM
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9631/sc2oterran.png (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?75614-It-Returns....-Kaze-Lore-SC2-Tournament-Part-Deux/page1)

not to step on anyones toes hopefully but i jsut got photoshop again and thought id play with some sigs myself :P

heres a terran one i made messing around :P

(also links to the page when clicked)

Kazeyonoma
05-11-2011, 01:13 PM
nice!

Illidra
05-11-2011, 01:31 PM
7 years of independant teachign as well as 4 months of college in graphic design :P

Chamenas
05-11-2011, 01:40 PM
No toes stepped on. I just don't like to borrow other images if I can help it, as a rule, unless it's a specific request. Only image I didn't make from scratch was the Starcraft 2 logo itself. But yeah, yours looks nice too (jerk! ;))

Illidra
05-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Well i use planet renders where people render them for everyones use :P

+ blizz are always like, as long as you arent making money, GOGO :P

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4606/tankspotzerg.png

zerg one, not sure i like it though, couldnt find a render with better detail or any decent action in it :P

im really enjoying photoshop again, especialyl nwo i have a portable app version, might make a 'sig shop' thread :P

Chamenas
05-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Oh, I have nothing against it. I have done it and will probably do it again in the future. I only try to avoid it because it puts strict limitations on what I can truly call my own. But, when that doesn't matter, it definitely can add some really nice elements, especially when you have the skill to generate an appropriate atmosphere or background for the image.

Soan
05-11-2011, 03:33 PM
The middle-left part of the zerg on, just to the right of the zerg logo, looks kind of empty to me. Like it's missing something. Still way better than anything I could've done though. :p

Maxisamadman
05-11-2011, 04:16 PM
So someone might get an easy win in the first round but i'd like to throw my hat in the ring

Maxisamadman.317

Irat
05-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Loving the new registrant signups.

If there are any more lurkers out there. Sign UP now!!1!!!

Quinafoi
05-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Loving the new registrant signups.

If there are any more lurkers out there. Sign UP now!!1!!!

If only Uniden was a TankSpot lurker...

shadowcrone
05-11-2011, 04:39 PM
i would like to give it a try hopefully shadowcrone 229

Kazeyonoma
05-11-2011, 04:43 PM
UNIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

on a more serious note. Big appreciation goes out tp Pers3us who has now up'd our prize pool and granted our 3rd place player to gun for the bronze medal!

Alamire
05-11-2011, 04:49 PM
I'll be someone's freewin; Alamire.592

Edit: In general, the easiest time for me to make matches from .au is Sat/Sun mornings local which works out to Fri/Sat nights US. I discovered in the last tournament that I don't care enough about winning to get up early on workdays, so it's helpful if people can make those times or play US mornings.

TeddyTauren
05-11-2011, 04:50 PM
I'll play.

Teddy.164

jasonstarr
05-11-2011, 04:52 PM
I must do this, because well it should be fun! and i want to see if im any good in tornement situation!
In game name Xelnas.185
is random an allowed race?

Kazeyonoma
05-11-2011, 04:54 PM
yes random is allowed, but whatever you pick, you should stick with that race throughout the tournament for fairness sake.

also jason, we need to have your character code in order to add you to the lineup. so please go into the game, hover over your portrait in the top right and you'll see a character code #. then repost it here as Xelnas.### or whatever. =D

Thanks for all of the sudden signups guys! ;]

Eoika
05-11-2011, 05:27 PM
is random an allowed race?

Should note that I was considered a "favorite" in the first tournament due to my high ladder rating at the time, I entered the tournament as random and stuck with it through thick and thin was eliminated in the first round. Sadly my high ladder rating was netted as protoss and through the 9~12 games I played in the tournament I think I got Protoss once.

Tis a cruel mistress the dice, but I did get to try some cool stuff. (Like Mass Nuke)

jasonstarr
05-11-2011, 05:42 PM
yes random is allowed, but whatever you pick, you should stick with that race throughout the tournament for fairness sake.

also jason, we need to have your character code in order to add you to the lineup. so please go into the game, hover over your portrait in the top right and you'll see a character code #. then repost it here as Xelnas.### or whatever. =D

Thanks for all of the sudden signups guys! ;]

i realized that RIGHT after
also sweet random allowed, i have a sort of gaming adhd and well get bored

Socio
05-11-2011, 06:50 PM
I'll join. Jasmine's making me do it!

Socio.773 Zerg

Olar117
05-11-2011, 08:59 PM
I will give it a go Olar.854 What are the times? Hopefully I won't be on vacation.

widowmaker
05-11-2011, 10:20 PM
id like to participate! Widowmaker.313

Recoyle
05-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Recoyle.318 I should have some friends signing up as well soon.

Illidra
05-12-2011, 01:24 AM
The middle-left part of the zerg on, just to the right of the zerg logo, looks kind of empty to me. Like it's missing something. Still way better than anything I could've done though. :p

see i was originally going to put somethign there but anythign i tried jsut made it seem cluttered, so i thoguht i'd leave it as it is as the light gives a cavernous feel to the back ground, if i can find something to do to it that doesnt clutter it i will :P

finished the protoss one last night but didnt get a chance to uplaod it it or put it on my memory stick so ill have to do it when im home in like 8 hours.

i think the protoss one may be my favourite so far, although there really was no where to put the protoss logo without tuining it :P

loving the new sign ups, we're getting a big haul this time round :P

maybe if some of the new peopel and lurkers end up stickin around we might one day warrent our own SCII sub-forum :D

29 sign ups so far :D

3 more woudl make a nice 32 which is e-z numbers wise :P

exeon
05-12-2011, 07:05 AM
I'll give it a shot I guess. exeon.770

Giliandrix
05-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Sign me up!

Nova.254

cdot
05-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Sign me up please :]

Cdot.539

Skyborn
05-12-2011, 10:30 AM
I went ahead and made a custom SC2 Ranks division for us.

http://sc2ranks.com/c/9295/kazelore-2-0/

Rakinishu, Eradin your profile was bugged and since there are multiple people with the same name, I'm not sure which is yours. Can you guys post a link to your sc2ranks page and I will update the roster with the correct profile.

Illidra
05-12-2011, 10:42 AM
all done now :P

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/9568/tankspotprotoss.png

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4606/tankspotzerg.png

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9631/sc2oterran.png

Seam00120
05-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Ooo Ooo I wanna play!

Seam.482!

My Profle:
http://sc2ranks.com/us/318709/Seam

cdot
05-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Sign me up please :]

Cdot.539

Cdot.539

http://sc2ranks.com/us/798767/cdot

Petninja
05-12-2011, 01:03 PM

Rakinishu, Eradin your profile was bugged and since there are multiple people with the same name, I'm not sure which is yours. Can you guys post a link to your sc2ranks page and I will update the roster with the correct profile.

My account is not listed on SC2Ranks soooooooo...

NVM, It's there. I just assumed it wasn't mine since there were no recorded losses (which is totally wrong). Forgot Bliz isn't showing losses for this season.

Link is up
http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/907086/Rakanishu

Kazeyonoma
05-12-2011, 01:23 PM
so sick, thanks illidra, and newborn!

Kazeyonoma
05-12-2011, 01:29 PM
wow, so we broke past the 32 player mark already. We'll have to see how far down we want this thing to go, if we get close to 64 and if it doesn't seem too crazy to work out on the tournament brackets we'll go with that, but if it doesn't get much past 32, we'll have to prioritize players based on previous attendance, donor preferences, and then finally date of sign up to cut it back down to 32. For now go ahead and keep signing up and we'll see how it all works out. Thanks for your interest everyone!

Illidra
05-12-2011, 01:41 PM
if you get too high numbers i dont mind bowin out kaze, mainly due to the scheduling from eu to na

Kazeyonoma
05-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Like I said, we'll see how many more players sign up for this and we'll make our move from there.

Zeppelinz
05-12-2011, 02:39 PM
gggg.831

Skyborn
05-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Custom ladder updated. Eradin is the only profile I'm missing now.

Analysis
05-12-2011, 10:17 PM
RastisRules.198

Im only a gold level player but should be fun.

Illidra
05-13-2011, 01:17 AM
dont worry about it analysis we have a spread from brozne to masters in this.

tbh i personally hate playing bronzers more than higher levels because they normally dont use set build orders or strategys and trying to read their play is like trying to predict a monkey with adhd.

Petninja
05-13-2011, 06:46 PM
If only Uniden was a TankSpot lurker...

I was really close to naming my account LiquidUniden, for the lulz.

Illidra
05-13-2011, 07:41 PM
I was really close to naming my account LiquidUniden, for the lulz.

theres a masters called oGsUniden lol

Eradin
05-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Custom ladder updated. Eradin is the only profile I'm missing now.

I've had that problem ever since my account was created -- I can't be found on the sc2armory and therefore not on sc2ranks. My character code is legitimate and you can still friend me / play with me in game.

Kalathos89
05-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Kalathos.540
Looking forward to it!

tripp6sic6
05-14-2011, 02:32 AM
http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/276419/Eradin

This is him. He's one of my guildies.

Skyborn
05-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Thanks, diamond Eradin added to the list :)

Skyborn
05-14-2011, 07:16 AM
Kalathos.540
Looking forward to it!

Which one of these is you? Your name + character code is bugged on SC2 ranks.

http://sc2ranks.com/search/exact/us/Kalathos

Recoyle
05-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Which one of these is you? Your name + character code is bugged on SC2 ranks.

http://sc2ranks.com/search/exact/us/Kalathos

The Kalathos you are looking for is http://sc2ranks.com/us/2293739/Kalathos

He is a friend of mine.

Oggokogok
05-14-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm quite confident in my ability to get my marines killed with the best of them.
Oggokogok.151(I'll check the character code in a bit, that said im pretty certain im the only one who uses that name anywhere)

Caltu
05-16-2011, 04:08 AM
Cant wait for this one :D
Looks like more people are applying, will there be any live cast streams or will it all be vods?

Quinafoi
05-16-2011, 08:00 AM
dont worry about it analysis we have a spread from brozne to masters in this.

tbh i personally hate playing bronzers more than higher levels because they normally dont use set build orders or strategys and trying to read their play is like trying to predict a monkey with adhd.

You're just afraid of the six pool.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_l7Z6o9Zm4z4/TJPV5WHZ-XI/AAAAAAAAAGA/IAzVvg8rnYo/s1600/46725_623482376011_185008671_35876660_3507489_n.jp g

Quinafoi
05-16-2011, 08:08 AM

That's a lot of zerg for a tournament considering zerg is usually the least represented in tournaments.

Skyborn
05-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Currently

11 P
11 Z
10 T
2 R

Nice spread so far.

Illidra
05-16-2011, 10:03 AM
idd its a nice spread, muchos zerg loveage <3

and 6pool is lol

simcity + drone micro dood.

and the guy in that pic ius 3 drones short of saturation , NOOB ALERTTT!!!!! ;)

Caltu
05-16-2011, 01:24 PM
I loled at the six pool xD

Kazeyonoma
05-16-2011, 01:35 PM
uh, can't you see his elaborate sim city using the 6 pools? CMON mang, and his saturation is bad because he obviously just maynard'd to his expo. god. high level stuff here.

Kazeyonoma
05-16-2011, 04:37 PM
only 1 week left or so to sign up! lets get this bracket to the 64 count!

Lakshata
05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
I honestly haven't played SC2 since the last tournament, but I wouldn't mind giving it another whack.

MichiganBoy.887

Same as last time

Notawatacula
05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
I would love to compete.

Officedrone.698

Jendoren
05-16-2011, 04:52 PM
would love to compete :D

Polemos.391 Plat Terran

Kazeyonoma
05-16-2011, 04:52 PM
added! keep em coming!

Gless
05-16-2011, 04:54 PM
sign me up for this one

Divineone.789

Kazeyonoma
05-16-2011, 04:55 PM
woo good to have you back again Gless!

Gless
05-16-2011, 04:58 PM
i have been around just not in donor any more :(, but i was wondering when this was going to happen and was going to ask you the next time i spotted you on SC2

Jendoren
05-16-2011, 05:01 PM
weee ty Kazey <3

filosopher
05-16-2011, 05:08 PM
I would like to join if possible. Thank you. filosopher.479

Lakshata
05-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Is it bad I didn't notice this thread until Kaze tweeted it.

Kazeyonoma
05-16-2011, 05:45 PM
eh, unlike me, i don't expect everyone to read every thread every day. =P

I haven't posted this publically elsewhere except for Lore Tweeting, so.

Eoika
05-16-2011, 05:54 PM
If you need an extra body to throw in, I'm available (despite my availability saying otherwise).

Kazeyonoma
05-16-2011, 06:22 PM
need character code Eoika! ;P

Eoika
05-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Time to go necro the old Tankspot thread.

Eoika.877

And you can mark me down as Randomer #4.

Oh right, obligatory.

TANKSPOT FIGHTING!

Furion
05-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I play on SEA but I have an NA account. Is it still possible to join?

Furion.226 (NA)

Chamenas
05-16-2011, 08:58 PM
This is going to be amazing

Kazeyonoma
05-16-2011, 11:01 PM
updated, and yes Furion but all games have to take place on NA.

Siosec
05-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Lore, I hope I get to play you =P

CheezeThis#727

Palmtop
05-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Ill take up a spot in this,
Palmtops.344
Thanks lore for tweeting this.

Lakshata
05-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Oh I think I've gotten pretty bad at starcraft since I haven't played it in forever... I played 4 matches today and lost 3 of them.

Reignist
05-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Sign me up! Chaote.392

Kazeyonoma
05-17-2011, 12:27 AM
updated.

Tarmusk
05-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Count me in.

Tarmusk.470

Illidra
05-17-2011, 01:35 AM
anyone who wants some practice this weekend vs zerg or toss ( i can sorta play toss these days >:D) then feel free to grab my code off the sign up list and gimme a poke ( belligerent)

tell your friends guys ( and gals? )

Essay
05-17-2011, 01:35 AM
Hey guys.

Name : Èssay

Code : 491 :)))

Illidra
05-17-2011, 01:38 AM
was considering redditing it for the last 20 spots, but then again the power of reddit means wed likely get a flood of sign ups and end up 128 strong lol

Kazeyonoma
05-17-2011, 02:11 AM
yeah keeping it off of the major sites for now, don't want a billion people.

Hammajamma
05-17-2011, 02:27 AM
Sounds like fun! if there's room i'd like to try.

Synergy#822

texasranger
05-17-2011, 04:08 AM
Would love to get in on this

Texasranger#866

Skyborn
05-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Sc2ranks custom division up to date.

was considering redditing it for the last 20 spots, but then again the power of reddit means wed likely get a flood of sign ups and end up 128 strong lol

Definitely don't do that, we'll get random high masters players sweeping in and crushing everyone. I want a decent shot at defending my title :3

Otori
05-17-2011, 08:55 AM
I had fun last time, despite getting my ass kicked. I'm in! :D

System.402

Illidra
05-17-2011, 10:24 AM
ok guys im nto going to let the cat out of the bag but i jsut got a tax rebate and may have a fun little twist to throw in if kaze gives me the go ahead.

Quinafoi
05-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Any more thought around the potential live casts if it might happen, when, and how many each week? 64 entries would make for a 6 week tournament. I think anymore than two livecasts a week though would be overkill, also two each week would make for a very easy way to diversify which games to cast in order to maximize who gets covered by doing something like the following.

Week 1
Cast a game in the top half of Division 1 and Division 3 (16 per division).
Week 2
Cast a game in the top half of Division 2 and Division 4 (8 players).
Week 3
Cast a game in the bottom half of Division 1 and 3 (4 players).
Week 4
Cast Division 2 and Division 4 finals (quarterfinals).
Week 5
Cast both semi-final matches.
Week 6
Finals.

Even if the same players cast in the earlier rounds progress you would cover a minimum of 10 players in live casts this way (15% coverage is pretty good for a worst case scenario). You can actually diversify that a little more by casting earlier games of individuals less likely progress.

Also depending on when you schedule the potential live casts, you may have replays already available to you if it is later in the week if for example you want the live show to go for about an hour and just happen to get two games that are done in 10 minutes.

Kazeyonoma
05-17-2011, 11:16 AM
realistically, I think casting will happen on a "when Lore can do it" basis, namely probably when we get down to quarterfinals and below.

Caltu
05-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Ill do it even tho I will be cannon fodder :P clpunk.877

lemonayd
05-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Diamond protoss

moxen.248 I would like to play

PvtCaboose
05-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Sign me up! I'm pumped for this!

Caboose.182 - Protoss

Kazeyonoma
05-17-2011, 04:06 PM
updated

Kazeyonoma
05-17-2011, 04:24 PM
I think I've got seeding updated up to now (on Challonge) the following players I either couldn't find your profile on SC2Ranks, or you haven't placed in 1v1s yet this season:

Eoika
Essay
Synergy
System
clpunk
moxen
Caboose

Ortz
05-17-2011, 05:25 PM
I would like to join the tournament and test my skills! Ortz code 127

Eoika
05-17-2011, 05:33 PM
I think I've got seeding updated up to now (on Challonge) the following players I either couldn't find your profile on SC2Ranks, or you haven't placed in 1v1s yet this season:

Eoika
Essay
Synergy
System
clpunk
moxen
Caboose

Correct - IM LIKE THE REAL RANDOM

Caltu
05-17-2011, 05:37 PM
http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1786331/Clpunk That is me on SC2Ranks. Not many placement matches on another account

Socio
05-17-2011, 05:52 PM

Eoika
Essay
Synergy
System
clpunk
moxen
Caboose

Moxen.248 is a 345 point Diamond player atm. I know his info's right because he's on my friends list. Dunno why he isn't on SC2ranks.com though. :/

littleroach
05-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Seems to be a lot of fun!
RoachHC.944

Edit: Can't find myself on sc2 ranks so here is my bnet profile: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/362739/1/RoachHC/

Here it is on SC2 Ranks: http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/362739/RoachHC

PvtCaboose
05-17-2011, 06:57 PM

Eoika
Essay
Synergy
System
clpunk
moxen
Caboose

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2600478/1/Caboose/ This is my profile, I recently changed my name but I didn't think it'd be a problem since that is my number and name. This is my profile on SC2 ranks http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/2600478/Caboose

Fusik
05-18-2011, 03:41 AM
Hey guys! I would like to sign up!

HIVEfusik.542

http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/362423/HIVEfusik

Delphirus
05-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Count me in - Delph:387

Kablamo
05-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Kablamo.796

Thanks for the update from Gamebreaker Lore :D

This tourney is going to be fun!

Kazeyonoma
05-18-2011, 10:42 AM
all updated, and added to the sc2ranks division, still missing sc2ranks and ranking information for
eoika
essay
synergy
system
ortz
kablamo
(taking your word on moxen i'll seed him accordingly).

Quinafoi
05-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Moxen.248 is a 345 point Diamond player atm. I know his info's right because he's on my friends list. Dunno why he isn't on SC2ranks.com though. :/

http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/710690/Moxen
Think that's the one you're looking for. Not sure why it wasn't a 1v1 result but it was a 2v2 result.

Socio
05-18-2011, 05:27 PM
http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/710690/Moxen
Think that's the one you're looking for. Not sure why it wasn't a 1v1 result but it was a 2v2 result.

Yea thanks, that's his. Weird. O.o

Eoika
05-18-2011, 05:50 PM
all updated, and added to the sc2ranks division, still missing sc2ranks and ranking information for
eoika
essay
synergy
system
ortz
kablamo

Just played my one game for ranking -_-.

1v1 Platnium, check tomorrow morning whenever SC2ranks updates

Kazeyonoma
05-18-2011, 06:11 PM
you can force an update if you already exist... wait what.

Maxisamadman
05-19-2011, 03:42 PM
So if we dont get the 64 are you gonna cut back to 32 or just add some byes?

Lore
05-19-2011, 03:54 PM
with us only being 4 spots shy we'll probably just add some byes

Blackshorn
05-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I will join also if you need more. Osirion #770.

Daresien
05-19-2011, 05:59 PM
If there is any room I would like to play. Daresien #858

cdot
05-19-2011, 07:20 PM
ooh so many players! =]

Kablamo
05-20-2011, 08:32 AM
SC2 ranks: http://sc2ranks.com/us/2677486/Kablamo

Bnet profile: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2677486/1/Kablamo/

Let me know if I'm missing anything

DudeBroGuy
05-20-2011, 05:10 PM
DudeBroGuy. 637

http://sc2ranks.com/us/1121476/DudeBroGuy

Illidra
05-20-2011, 07:43 PM
i think that coutns as us at full 64 :D

Lore
05-20-2011, 11:24 PM
By the way, if anyone was wondering, we won't be allowing any observers in the games played for the matches (the exception being casters, should any of the games be cast live). This is primarily to protect people from allegations of cheating. This rule stands even if the other guy is okay with it, so don't have your friends tagging along for your matches or they will be disqualified.

Kablamo
05-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Hey Lore, I didn't see it in the OP but what date are matches set to begin on?

Lore
05-21-2011, 01:49 AM
has not been set yet i don't think

Frodo Teabaginz
05-21-2011, 01:57 AM
hello peeps any way what is the entry fee for this years tourniment?

Kablamo
05-21-2011, 02:04 AM
Ahhh that makes sense then!

Plenty of time to practice up then! :D

Platu
05-21-2011, 02:26 AM
Sounds epic, might make me play it full time now!

WunTime.592

Kazeyonoma
05-21-2011, 09:50 PM
no entry fees.

matches will be decided shortly either will be 1 match a week (might take too long) or 2 matches a week.

No obs or be dq'd.

Fusik
05-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Wait we can't have someone observe the game? Is it a cheating thing or?

Kazeyonoma
05-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Wait we can't have someone observe the game? Is it a cheating thing or?

Yes, there's little reason to have someone observe the game in a tournament. All players should turn on DND and not expect conversations to occur that are relevant to the match at hand. It is simply too easy to have an observer sit in the game, and tell one of the current players what the other player is doing.

Lore
05-22-2011, 08:13 AM
To clarify further: the rule is as much to prevent cheating as it is to protect honest players from allegations of cheating. If there's an observer in the game, and you just happen to, say, move your units in a lucky direction and catch your opponent's army out of position/unsieged/whatever, then your opponent could claim that your observer friend was telling you where his army is and there really wouldn't be any evidence to support otherwise. By not allowing observers, we avoid the issue entirely.

DudeBroGuy
05-22-2011, 09:44 AM
At what point will the Sc2 rankings be updated to reflect the new people who have signed up? if i may ask.

Skyborn
05-22-2011, 12:06 PM
At what point will the Sc2 rankings be updated to reflect the new people who have signed up? if i may ask.

I just updated it :)

We are still missing a few people who had bugged profiles on SC2 ranks. If you're missing from the sc2ranks custom division please paste the direct link to your sc2ranks profile here and Kazey or I will add you.

Kazeyonoma
05-23-2011, 11:19 AM
the only person i have absolutely no clue on is Èssay. Everyone else is either listed or I can at least find their previous season rank and I've shoved them into the seeding based on that if they don't have a current 1v1 season record. If Lore participates we're at 64 full roster, if Lore opts out then it'll be 63 with Skyborn(RevNewborn) going with a 1st round bye. Unfortunately since we have so many people and as the rules have stated, faultless will be asked to sit out this tournament in order to keep with the theme of diamond and below tournament.

Look at the bracket, and pm me and probably Skyborn (since Lore's pm box is often full) your match results WITH replays uploaded to sc2replayed.com Since we're not going to be running this over 1 or 2 weekends like other tournaments, we'd like to ask people to try to get at least 1 match in a week, preferrably 2 if your opponent plays and submits his information sooner. I'll keep the thread and challonge page up to date probably daily.

We also have a runner up prize so to speak for players who don't place in the top 3 thanks to Illidra. We're still working on the details, but there will likely be a subtournament run for players who place 4-16 and top dog will win some coaching from an FXO progamer of their choice!

Happy fighting!

Skyborn
05-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Do you think this is him?

http://sc2ranks.com/us/934542/Essay

I did a search for names that ended with "ssay" on NA and he's the only one who showed up that made sense.

Also, that FXO offer is sweet! Props to everyone who put up money for this :)

Kazeyonoma
05-23-2011, 05:21 PM
yeah i think that might be him. but he specifically used a special character in his post. in either case, it's his burden to correct this before the end of the week otherwise if his opponent can't find him, he'll be subject to default.

We've filled our limit to 64 players. seeding is all done and corrected as of today's rankings on sc2ranks. If I didn't have you on the sc2ranks division page, i went by your previous season's rank and shoved you somewhere in between your levels where appropriate. Bracket is completed, and I'll publish the Challonge shortly.

Make sure you contact your opponent as soon as possible in the week so that you can get your matches scheduled and hopefully played early, giving yourself time to play your 2nd match the latter half of the week. Other than that. Happy gaming, good luck, have fun, and good games!

PvtCaboose
05-23-2011, 07:17 PM
We so excited!
We so excited!

Petninja
05-23-2011, 07:59 PM
So for Crossfire SE are we using the Crossfire SE from NASL or GSL?

Recoyle
05-23-2011, 08:11 PM
I don't think this was ever addressed. Is everyone required to play the race they are on sc2ranks? I am only asking because I am one of the randoms. I enjoying playing the game as random, but in a tournament situation I would rather play Terran. If random is what I am, no biggie, but a rule about this would be good.

Chamenas
05-23-2011, 08:30 PM
I don't think this was ever addressed. Is everyone required to play the race they are on sc2ranks? I am only asking because I am one of the randoms. I enjoying playing the game as random, but in a tournament situation I would rather play Terran. If random is what I am, no biggie, but a rule about this would be good.

I don't believe so. But I do think you're supposed to stick with whatever race you choose (on that I'm less sure).

Kablamo
05-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Brackets look awesome!

EDIT: Info is in first post ^.^

Recoyle
05-23-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't believe so. But I do think you're supposed to stick with whatever race you choose (on that I'm less sure).

Yea, I am perfectly fine with random, but for future tournaments, maybe this should be addressed

Lore
05-23-2011, 10:26 PM

I hadn't realized NASL altered the map, what are the differences?

Chamenas
05-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Well, I meant, the race you choose for the tournament I believe you need to stick with (but am not positive). Your SC2 Ranks favored race is not the one you HAVE to stick with, to my knowledge. Granted, I'm not Kaze or Lore, but it wasn't that way in previous tournaments and Kaze originally was not even using SC2 Ranks (that was Skyborn's idea).

I'd say, do your match as your intended race. Worse comes to worse and Kaze or Lore says you have to be your SC2 Ranks race and you re-do it, but, I'd be pretty surprised if that happened.

Lore
05-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Whatever option you choose for the round of 64 (protoss, zerg, terran, or random) is the option you must choose for the remainder of the tournament. Basically we're just not allowing matchup picking.

Kazeyonoma
05-23-2011, 11:07 PM

Since i've never experienced the NASL one, the premise by which we selected this map was based on the GSL one, so we should go for that one. I'll update the first post.

Kablamo
05-23-2011, 11:30 PM

Knowing the NASL they added a bunch of gold expansions and destructible rocks everywhere ala NASL Taldarim Alter.

Petninja
05-24-2011, 12:55 AM

No idea, but it's listed as a downloadable map in SC2 :P. I was full of curiosity.

Recoyle
05-24-2011, 01:23 AM
Whatever option you choose for the round of 64 (protoss, zerg, terran, or random) is the option you must choose for the remainder of the tournament. Basically we're just not allowing matchup picking.

This is what I expected.

DudeBroGuy
05-24-2011, 08:46 AM
So, i'm guessing by the brackets being posted we are clear to start games?

Analysis
05-24-2011, 09:48 AM
It looks like my friend code is 498 instead of whats listed. I checked the SC2 site when I posted it but its giving me a different one then ingame. 498 is the correct one.

Kazeyonoma
05-24-2011, 11:07 AM
@DudeBroGuy yes brackets are up, games are live, try to play at least 1 match this week, squeeze in 2 if you can to try to accelerate the earlier/bulkier rounds of the tournament. Have fun good luck! And why isn't GuyBroDude playing this? (We played recently in 2v2s and I asked if you guys had a 3rd named BroDudeGuy =P)

@Analysis fixed!

Quinafoi
05-24-2011, 11:47 AM

With this in mind, can we update the individual's names after the first round to include what they are playing in the bracket, such as just adding a one character description? Especially since some people may not be playing their primary race from their SC2 profile.

I.e.
(Z)Quinafoi.409

Just so we have one point of reference for looking up what race people are playing.

Kazeyonoma
05-24-2011, 11:55 AM
yeah I'll do it probably once the first round of replays/results comes in. until that first round is played, people can change their minds all they want, but once ro64 set 1 goes down, that's it, they're that for the duration of the tournament, and I'll update the thread.

Socio
05-24-2011, 01:18 PM
I can only PM once every 120 min since it's a new account I guess, but results for my first round games are PM'd to Kaze. Just FYI incase you guys want us to PM more than 1 person with results for the new Tankspot users.

Illidra
05-24-2011, 01:28 PM
well, i'm out, does that mean im allowed to spectate games now kaze? :D ( got my stream working btw, its only like 480p but it liiives it liiivies)

Kazeyonoma
05-24-2011, 01:39 PM
it's double elimination, and please no spoilers in this thread.

Fetzie
05-24-2011, 01:43 PM
I can only PM once every 120 min since it's a new account I guess, but results for my first round games are PM'd to Kaze. Just FYI incase you guys want us to PM more than 1 person with results for the new Tankspot users.

You can PM multiple users at once. Enter

Lore;Kazeyonoma

into the "Recipient User" box to send Lore and Kazey the same PM.

Kazeyonoma
05-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Pm'ing, lore and skyborn are more of redundancies to make sure I don't mess up/miss/lose a replay/result. As long as you get it to me, things should be okay but yes like Pyrea stated, enter multiple users via semi-colons.

Illidra
05-24-2011, 01:53 PM
oops sorry kaze :P

Socio
05-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Pm'ing, lore and skyborn are more of redundancies to make sure I don't mess up/miss/lose a replay/result. As long as you get it to me, things should be okay but yes like Pyrea stated, enter multiple users via semi-colons.

Oh, gotcha. Good to know, thanks. :D

littleroach
05-24-2011, 05:37 PM
So Kazey, the 2 hour restriction won't let me respond so I hope I can do so here as It isn't a spoiler per say. I was terran and he was random.

Eoika
05-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Time limit on if your opponent does not respond?

Kazeyonoma
Ah okay, thanks roach.

Kazeyonoma
Time limit on if your opponent does not respond?

no these newer accounts can't send pm's more than once per 30 minute so i asked him a response to his pm and he couldn't respond to me directly.

Eoika
05-24-2011, 06:19 PM
no these newer accounts can't send pm's more than once per 30 minute so i asked him a response to his pm and he couldn't respond to me directly.

I was asking how long should I wait till my opponent doesn't respond to my pm.

Kazeyonoma
05-24-2011, 08:12 PM
like the rules state, keep trying, add on bnet, etc. if by sunday or so you think he's not gonna respond, let me, lore, skyborn know and we'll try 1 last time, if by tuesday he doesn't respond you get the def.

Skyborn
05-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Essay, if you're checking this thread, please let me know your correct name and character code, the one you listed isn't working for me. It wouldn't let me paste in the E with the accent, and if just did a normal E it didn't work either.

Quinafoi
05-25-2011, 11:07 AM
His WoW character is an on an EU server so that name and player code may be from the EU side.

As a general recommendation any regular TankSpot user should PM their opponent, especially if they are a new account, since the PM should generate an email. They may not even check their email so getting in touch could be difficult. This wasn't a problem when the first tournament was donor only, but this one since people created accounts to sign up they may not actually be logging into those accounts as regularly. I just hope we don't have a whole bunch of disqualifications in the first round simply because the accounts were created and never used again.

Kazeyonoma
05-25-2011, 11:08 AM
This is an NA mandated tournament...

but bingo:

http://sc2ranks.com/eu/313821/%C3%88ssay

there he is, i guess the EU client allows you to enter special characters (probably for the european languages), but here in the states it's not allowed, and unless he gets an account for NA and notifies skyborn before the end of the week, I think skyborn gets the walk over.

Skyborn
05-25-2011, 11:09 AM
I think I found his EU profile: http://sc2ranks.com/eu/313821/Èssay

Hopefully he has an NA account too.

Edit: Kazey, I'll keep my eyes peeled. Hopefully he contacts me.

Also, more people should idle in the Tankspot chat channel in SC2!

Blackshorn
05-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Is the channel just Tankspot or is it named something else?

Skyborn
05-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Is the channel just Tankspot or is it named something else?

It's just Tankspot. If it's empty you're in the right place :P

I'll be on in a few hours though to give you some company.

littleroach
05-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Thats a good idea. I'll be chilling in the tank spot chat channel just to hang out until my next match!

Kazeyonoma
05-25-2011, 01:57 PM
if i'm on i'm in the Tankspot channel.

Illidra
05-25-2011, 02:07 PM
if i'm on i'm in the Tankspot channel.

this

Thamiorr
05-25-2011, 03:57 PM
this

Ditto, and its strange...there are four people in it now....FOUR!

ITS A RECORD!

filosopher
05-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Round 1: 22 filosopher (P) v 43 shadowcrone (P)

filosopher < MLG Metalopolis> shadowcrone
filosopher <Shakura's Plateau> shadowcrone

I was having some upload issues at sc2replayed.com. I will try another sc2 replay hosting site shortly.

Maxisamadman
05-25-2011, 04:33 PM
How long does it usually take for the replays to be uploaded to SC2replayed?

Kazeyonoma
05-25-2011, 05:37 PM
you can also try posting to sc2rep.com it seems to be updated for the new patch and working correctly.

Maxisamadman you mean from the uploader standpoint or from the tournament standpoint. uploader it shouldn't take very long at all.

Maxisamadman
05-25-2011, 05:46 PM
I meant unloader standpoint so i guess 10 seconds is just being over zealous.
And Kaze i hope to see u in the 2nd round

Kazeyonoma
05-25-2011, 05:48 PM
heh, likewise!

wgu8312
05-25-2011, 09:45 PM
hai..
Maybe im miss to read all post here.
Suggestion for this tourney, since the player come from over the world, request kazeyonoma to declare channel in Bnet in sc2. So everytime ppls log in sc2,they can join the tourney channel to find a player or watch the friends for that match.

-sLyMeRr#866-

Thamiorr
05-25-2011, 10:09 PM
There is a Tankspot channel (name is called tankspot surprise) where people are welcome to join. If looking for the next opponent for the tourney it would be much more beneficial to add their name to friends list (if they are on) and make time then, or it would be good to send a private message through tankspot since that will also send a email to their designated email. As for the channels if anyone is on and free you can always ask for practice matches, however there are no obs *unless otherwise stated by kaze/lore/tourney admins for casting purposes or other reasons that may pop up.

Illidra
05-26-2011, 01:55 AM
i so shoudla joined as protoss >.< sc2 donor thread follwoers knwo the rage im feeling over the palcement of my smurf toss account -.-

Kazeyonoma
05-26-2011, 05:02 AM
be sure to check the stickied results thread here to find out results and if your next opponent is ready!

Socio
05-26-2011, 06:30 AM
i so shoudla joined as protoss >.< sc2 donor thread follwoers knwo the rage im feeling over the palcement of my smurf toss account -.-

NOOO moar zerg! :D

Illidra
05-26-2011, 06:41 AM
dude i placed platinum on my blood smurf.

total pisstake xD

and man forcefields are lol

Giliandrix
05-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Nova.254 vs. Daresien.858

Tonight at 9PM EST!

God I'm nervous, I've been getting horrible frame-rates lately and I saw that Daresien has been practicing hardcore :(

Illidra
05-26-2011, 08:58 AM
damn it, i have work tomorrow QQ, otherwise i would hae live-casted.

FMUKL ( fuck my UK life)

PvtCaboose
05-26-2011, 09:16 AM
I wish that i started playing Starcraft earlier. I've only been playing for a few months and it felt like when I first started playing world of Warcraft, which I quit shotly after playing Starcraft (but that wasn't the reason)

Kazeyonoma
05-26-2011, 01:20 PM
damn it, i have work tomorrow QQ, otherwise i would hae live-casted.

FMUKL ( fuck my UK life)

ehhh, live casting is sketchy because there's no way of knowing if the two players your casting are watching your stream and therefore cheating. like I said, no observers unless approved by myself or lore.

Illidra
05-26-2011, 01:31 PM
hence why i'd use my back up stream and not let them know the URL :P

Kazeyonoma
05-26-2011, 03:29 PM
for the future, please upload replays to gamereplays.org it has the nicest format and is working 100% for the latest patch.

wgu8312
05-26-2011, 05:52 PM
its me sLyMeRr
For my oppenant, i already add u in my sc2 .. need arrange the time to start a game due to time barrier because im at Asean :)

sLyMeRr.866 vs. Meridiandosi.849

Recoyle
05-27-2011, 02:37 AM
Kaze did watch our live games tonight. Wanted to point out that this was fair.