PDA

View Full Version : Tanking problem tanking in culling of Stratholme

MRufus
05-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Hey guys,
I'm lvl 49 warrior tank (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/wufflez/simple)
I've been tanking on this toon since lvl 15 and have never had any problems. I would always keep mobs on me, quickly pick up any loose mobs, mitigate damage just fine and everyone always were happy to me. Well I kind of run out of luck yesterday in the culling of Stratholme(the first time i went there). I just finished Zulfrak where I absolutely dominated the instance, but all of a sudden in Stratholme i realized I cannot hold aggro anymore. I checked other people in the group and nobody had threat generating buffs or anything(like righteous fury). So the problem was me... yeah dps did not focus on one mob and were trying to attack those who were really far from me at the time, but still this has never been a problem for me. I had problems even picking up loose mobs.. What I was doing is charge, thunderclap, spam devastate, cleave, shield bash,revenge is available,rend (I tend to omit rend). Is there a problem in my rotation? Can someone suggest me what you do for the rotation? Why could I not generate threat?

Insahnity
05-03-2011, 07:42 AM
You are missing Blood and Thunder, a key AoE ability. Drop the point in Impeding victory (Useless) and I would consider dropping Conc blow (for now), and then get them into blood and thunder. Change your rotation to Charge->Rend (Cleave)->Tclap->Revenge (Cleave)->Etc.

This will help a bit, but ultimately, it's a rite of passage for every tank, gaining snap aggro before every idiot DPS unleashes their load 0.0001 seconds after pull. The worst part is, no Misdirects or Tricks of the Trade yet at that level.

If possible, try and get some low level enchants. There are always enchanters trying to level up offloading their enchants for peanuts, or even giving it away for free (while leveling my enchanter I offered free enchants in Goldshire, perhaps the same exists in the Barrens or Durotar). The enchants will not be BiS for the item level, but they are generally cheap. Plenty of cheap strength options.

Also, we don't have any information on the DPS that pulled, and their gear. Is this a repeated problem, or just one bad run? Maybe you came up against a well geared DPS who was not well educated to match their gear.

MRufus
05-03-2011, 11:15 AM
I've had 2 dps in heilrooms and I will add blood and thunder. It was one really bad run to the point that I was kicked then queued again and got into Stratholme again; tanked it till the end but it was still harder than usual. I'll follow your advise and try it tonight. Thanks!