PDA

View Full Version : Druid Bear aoe 'issues'?

Hintonita
05-02-2011, 03:14 AM
Hi all,

Following on from my recent thread I've now got myself tanking. My ilevel says heroics but I'm doing normals to get a feel for my abilities and this is what I've found so far:

single targets i.e. bosses I'm an absolute beast for generating threat. Even with others in the group with higher ilevels I have absolutely no issues generating threat.

On trash and mobs I consistently 'lose' one or two. Now I pull these back with growl individually or with the group taunt (which seems to have a ridiculously large cooldown) but in terms of rotation I'm not sure how to adapt. My plan in these fights is to hit mangle every time its available and keep lacerate on 3 stacks for pulverise but this is leaving very little/no time to go for thrash,maul and swipe (my aoe abilities as I understand it).

Currently we're not doing CC as they're normal dungeons so I figure in heroics this may feel more manageable with 'less' mobs to hold but any experienced bears got any tips'n'tricks for bear aoe threat generation?

(P.S. my tanking background is Paladin in Wrath so maybe I've been spoilt with aoe threat :p )

The Hoof
05-02-2011, 12:12 PM
For AOE pulls, here is what I do on my bear.

Start with hitting thorns before the pull. Go bearform and charge in. Lead off with swipe, then thrash, continue to spam these 2. Use maul as you have rage. Once you're down to only 2 or 3 mobs left, then you can look to go back to the usual single target rotation with mangle/lacerate/pulverize/maul.

If you're marking targets, and trying to do a focused kill order, then after the initial swipe/thrash then go to your single target rotation, possibly mixing the odd swipe/thrash in to keep the mobs that aren't being actively dps'd on you.

Hintonita
05-02-2011, 10:10 PM
ah nice one, I'll give that a go :)