PDA

View Full Version : PST - Episode 27

Lore
04-29-2011, 01:12 PM
6UVPSo1IzPU

This week:

How can I get people to join my brand new guild? (0:27)
What classifies a guild as "hardcore"? (2:54)
Why doesn't Blizzard remove hit? (6:11)
When is 4.2 coming? (9:43)
Are you planning on using the Guild Finder? (11:44)
How can I deal with a former couple making things awkward? (14:19)
How does Gurdjieff feel about competition? (16:58)

Taio
04-29-2011, 01:49 PM
RRoD :(
RIP Lore's 360.

Xzeraa101
04-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Like the way you put the time you start a new question under the video. I hope you do this in the future =D.

Kemanorel
04-29-2011, 10:16 PM
If retribution "never" gems hit, why not replace the strength/hit gem in your chest for a strength/stamina (since you are over base hit cap of 961 or 8% by a slight bit?)

Since some raid damage is unavoidable, but maintains the 80 strength from the piece when socket bonus is included, since neither spirit nor spell penetration are viable PVE retribution stats to trigger the socket bonus, I'd think that the slight health boost would be nice in heroic raiding.

Redrogue0
04-30-2011, 06:07 AM
He probably gemmed hit over stam cause Stam gives no DPS increase what so ever, where as Hit will even over cap still effect white damage which he states in this video.

30 stam is useless to a DPS, the "slight" health boost is pretty worthless overall. The unavoidable raid damage is meant to be mitigated with talents such as Sacred Shield in a Ret Pally's case.

What would be nice in heroic raiding would be an extra 1000 Stam.

Kemanorel
04-30-2011, 06:36 AM
pre-emptively moved response to "Gear and Enchanting Forum" and made more detailed follow-up. Feel free to delete this placeholder if need be.

tuffcooky
04-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Another "thumbs up" for the time stamp of each question. Please continue doing this =)

Imdruidurnot
04-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Does Lore have the red ring? lol it's flashing reddish yellow the whole time.

Xcuse
05-01-2011, 03:43 AM
He probably gemmed hit over stam cause Stam gives no DPS increase what so ever, where as Hit will even over cap still effect white damage which he states in this video.

If you're talking about his Paladin then that's not true. Once you have 8% hit as a Retribution Paladin / Arms Warrior / Any Tank you're melee white hit capped for all and every of your needs. The hit over hitcap can be "seen as" spellhit I guess - Seals still work according to spellhit don't they? I have no idea, I don't really play Retribution :P

What seems a bit wonky on the other hand is his reforging tho. For example he reforges Haste to Crit on his gloves but he at the same time reforges Crit instead of Haste to Mastery on his chest - Even tho reforging Haste to Crit on his gloves would indicate he would rather have Crit than haste.
So since that got me curious (maybe there's some sort of haste cap?) - But head over to EJ I read "Haste is now uniformly our worst stat - reforge away from it where possible."

/shrug

Buuut enough about that - I like the show. It's quite interresting to see someone's thoughts from the outside.
I also hope Gurdjieff will be ok!

Fetzie
05-01-2011, 05:33 AM
Because of the slightly different scaling of hit rating wrt spell and melee hit, retri paladins are spell hit capped at about 7.8% melee hit chance due to their talent spec bonus.

Rowdy
05-01-2011, 03:42 PM
What classifies a guild as "hardcore"?What does it matter? The real question in terms of raiding/Endgame-PvE is "when are you a good raid?", isnīt it?