PDA

View Full Version : Healing Need some advice for my Holy Paly

PrinceMarth07
04-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Hey, I've been healing for a while now and was always going with all Int for the big mana pool. However, lately it feels like my healing has gone down from what it used to be. I still haven't successfully healed through H Stonecore. Here is the link to my armory toon.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hydraxis/ra%C3%ACya/simple

Now, I realize I need a meta gem for my helm. I was debating between the 54int - +2% mana gem, or the 54 spirit - 3% crit heal gem. I use Holy Shock, Flash of Light, and Word of Glory with some Holy Light in there for the calmer moments. I use Judgment on every Cd.

Just looking for any kind of advice I can get.
Thanks.

Khoko
04-29-2011, 07:57 AM
Who has your beacon. I have to ask, I take nothing at face value :-)
H-stonecore can be challenging for us, depending on group make up.
I don't use FoL ever, except in emergencies, HL, HS, DL, always judging on cd and watching for procs. Splitting your HS's and WoGs between group members when needed. I watch my recount and usually beacon the highest melee dps since they seem to take the most splash damage, and heal the tank with HS/HL/DL. R- Dps's job is to not take preventable damage. I should add, use LoD and Hradiance to help as needed. They help in a pinch, so use them to your advantage to pick up the group.

And go for the 54int +2% mana Meta. Crit is not high on our list.. Int-Spirit-Haste - reforge crit and mastery accordingly.

Look forward to more info from seasoned holy pallies here, and there thoughts on H-Stonecore.

sifuedition
04-29-2011, 09:36 AM
What part of stonecore is hard for you? My first couple of times in there were challenging, but I had very little gear and my party members did t know how to avoid all the damage.

Some of these fights can be very stressful or very easy depending on the knowledge of your group. Once you know what damage is avoidable, you sometimes have to sacrifice the guy who is a mana drain. As a healer in wrath, sometimes you let someone die because they were a jerk. Now, it's not lying or stretching the truth to say some players aren't worth the mana to save.

PrinceMarth07
04-29-2011, 01:30 PM
What part of stonecore is hard for you? My first couple of times in there were challenging, but I had very little gear and my party members did t know how to avoid all the damage.

The first few groups and the first boss. The AoE guys just rip the group apart and I find ppl don't avoid the crystals.

Sebadoh
04-29-2011, 01:46 PM
The first few groups and the first boss. The AoE guys just rip the group apart and I find ppl don't avoid the crystals.

The swirly AoE guys need to be interrupted or stunned when they cast their transformation. I always CC them and pull the rest of the pack, then get to them last. As far as the crystals or jumping, that's just people being dumb. Nothing you can really do to help that.

Definitely get the Int/max mana meta gem. You are missing enchants on a ton of stuff - you especially need Heartsong for your weapon, which averages out to a bit over 100 spirit (huge for regen). Gale of Shadows is garbage, grab a http://www.wowhead.com/item=55854 off the AH or do some questing in Uldum for http://www.wowhead.com/item=65804. Both are decent filler trinkets until you can get something substantial for that slot.

Your spec looks okay, although I sincerely doubt you need a 40 yard judgement especially for heroics - I'd shift a point from each of the judgement talents into Paragon of Virtue, which gives you more frequent access to a potent +healing cooldown, a potent tank cooldown, and a nice personal defensive cooldown.

Flash of Light

Huge mana drain. Use Divine Light instead - FoL is only for utter emergencies (or Chimaeron, but you haven't gotten there yet).