PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Warrior, random threat loss

Gregasaurous
04-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Hey, i'm currently experiencing some major threat issues since the release of 4.1 and am wondering if anybody is having similar issues, or if there was a drastic change in our stat needs (such as a overwhelming need for exp or hit which i have next to none of). Currently I think I may just be having lag problems due to the nature of some of the incidents of threat loss, which i am going to detail below.

Trash Mobs: The first (and most drastically annoying) is on several occasions i have charged a mob and half of it has ran past me to attack a DPS (Who granted may be slightly trigger happy but that's no reason this should be happenning like this) before i could even hit Thunder Clap to really get the mob's full attention.

Yesterday or the day before I was tanking SFK and my GM (arms war) and my other friend (ret pally) were riding me hard for mob aggro. I was throwing taunts and heroic strikes left and right and it was barely doing the trick. The 3 of us are geared for regular raids, so high DPS threat would have been understandable, but not in this degree.

Single target: We were doing the final Boss of Lost City of Tol'vir, I started with Heroic Throw, Charged, and gave him a good hit with Sheild Slam and Rend, i then disengaged the boss in anticipation of him popping his invincibility and the adds popping up. Just as i disengaged my Ret Paly friend threw Justice Hammer and riecieved +200% aggro. That's just riddiculous.
I did notice however that on the second attempt (healer was a little undergeared for giving a dps a full heal and keep the rest of the party up) when i oppenned on the boss (in the same way as mentioned befor, except i stayed on him until he hit his sheild) he didn't get a threat bar on him until a few second of combat. Does anybody know if they changed the way that boss works or was i just lagging?

So i'm pretty sure i'm just experiencing some lagg problems due to the fresh patch, but i wanted to check to see if anybody was expeiriencing similar issues or if i was missing some information on the new patch. Pointers and thoughts are appreciated.

Killertock
04-29-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm having the exact same issue since 4.1 was released.
On raid bosses I'm having a real hard time on the first 3 or 4 seconds of the pull even with MD on me.
What I've noticed on Omen is that our TPS is fluctuating between periods of 40k and 5-7k...and that often happens after missing a shield slam, HS or Rev...
Other thing to consider is the new feature from the interface men that allows you to execute a skill on key down instead of key up, I have disabled it for now.

Dedic
04-29-2011, 01:15 PM
That's weird cuz since the patch, I felt like it was easier to get and hold agro. I figured blizz tweaked vengeance to up tank threat.

Gregasaurous
04-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Holding it is easier, they definitely tweaked vengance a bit. I've noticed that on melee heavy fights it can be dificult to get my rage below 35 (i tried, i spammed HS like you wouldn't believe)

wrath555
05-01-2011, 05:32 AM
I can't comment on those particular instances... but I have noticed that mobs tend to have a slightly different movement path since the release of 4.1. For example, a couple of the bosses in ZA and ZG will run through me while charging (meaning that dps can build aggro while I turn around) and mobs start to move before I reach them with charge. Conversely I have to agree with Dedic... I have found that when pull execute properly, my threat is plentiful.

Gregasaurous
05-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I tightened down my pull method a bit so i eliminated a few problem, but now and then the mob still runs past me when i charge in. And yeah, half the time a boss in ZA or ZG will run through me instead of staying put as i charge.

Dedic
05-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Actually that happened to me in SFK. One of the bone guys ran thru me but I looked at Omen and I still had agro.

Gregasaurous
05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
lol, Blizz should ask for a list of most commonly noticed bugs in the system by tanks. it would help them out emensley.

Loganisis
05-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Was the DPS a warrior? I've noticed I hate trying to time my opening battleshout pre-pull, because if the tank starts pulling, I can pull the entire pack with my shout. Maybe other classes have a similar inculous but threat-generating ability?

Gregasaurous
05-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah, my GM is Arms Warr, and mobs do have a greater tendancy to run past me when he's there. That may be part of my problem, i'll make sure to ask him about it to see if it lines up.