PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Help with advodiance build

Mortor
04-27-2011, 06:14 AM
Hello I have decided to change to advoidiance build instead of mastery.
But I'm a bit confused on how to put points in parry and dodge. I have tried the askmrrobot but I think it's a bit strange build I come up with.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/mortor/simple

As you can se in % my parry is way higher then dodge. But when I hover my mouse on dodge and parry ingame the small tooltip window says that I have around 13% in both before dims.return.
I know that parry and dodge are best if they are the same, but what numbers should be the same?

Mortor
04-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Nobody who can help me?

Scotteq
04-27-2011, 12:48 PM
It's because you also have avoidance through talents.

This response is evidence that Droid, indeed, Does.

Rigwarl
04-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Subtract the 4% from Swordshattering, that is your pre-DR parry. 34.83% avoidance is what you have at the moment before DR... You are losing about 1.8% from your dodge, and 1.7% from your parry. So really you are at 31.33% + 5% miss, so about the same as a 5 man geared feral druid, while severely gimping your healing and absorb ability, and reducing your max HP.

I think avoidance stacking may be a tier or 2 away, and by then we may be back to infinite healer mana, so it won't even matter.

Edit: My napkin math may be a bit off, did it the lazy way in my head.

Booi
04-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Nobody who can help me?

If you are pushing for "least hits taken" you want your dodge rating to equal your parry rating.

Mortor
05-01-2011, 10:58 PM
The reason why i want to change to avodiance instead of mastery is because I offtank raids and on the third boss in BWD the healers have a hard time keeping me up when I have 9 adds before green fase. I can't use my DS on this fight much because I have to maintain good aggro on adds and that offcause means no BS and no selfhealing. So I want to try avoidance build to see if this works better.

sifuedition
05-02-2011, 09:55 AM
There is no reason to limit your ability usage for that fight. You have a long time where you only need to beat healer aggro and should have a huge lead by the time dps burns them. Death strike is good threat and there is no negative that I am aware of to self healing on this fight or any other.