PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury warrior stat prioritization!WTF?

sammy134
04-27-2011, 03:32 AM
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/carnag%c3%a8/simple

armory is broken shows my pvp gear but the actual item slots are my pve gear.

There is my armory and right now im 8% hit, 26 expertise, Crit , Mastery,hit,haste. Now I did my first raid last night in patch 4.1 and i was surprised with the outcome. We threw some attempts on heroic magmaw and I was doing approx 26k depending on how much RNG. I saw that my enrage fell off alot more times than usual because of the mastery nerf. Also sometimes on my top 3 dmg abilities I started seeing Deep wounds dot to be 3rd. Melee was my number 1 and bloodthirst 2nd. My max auto attack crit was a 92k during headphase... If our auto attack is our number 1 dps move why the hell does everyone keep saying there was no change to mastery everything is just higher up on priority. I think this is complete bull shit. Can someone that knows what their talking about and come clear up this question for all the warriors. From what I think it goes:

8% hit > 26 expertise > 27% hit > Crit > Mastery > Haste

my reasoning for this is you want to maximise the ability that is doing the most damage. Maybe 27% hit is not as high up the scale as crit but very close. If anyone can confirm or prove me wronge please do so.

Manxmadman
04-27-2011, 03:48 AM
Everyone keeps saying there is no change to mastery because point for point, it still provides the exact same increase, you are just starting from a lower base point due to the reduction in our base mastery, from 8 to 2, and with the Auto-attack buff, what others are saying is right, Mastery still provides the same amount of DPS per point, but Hit now provides more DPS per point than Mastery, so therefore it moves up (and potentially there is a hit=haste break point as well). So essentially, mastery is still good, hit is just better than it.

And crit still remains king of all the secondary stats, because it effects both your auto-attacks AND specials, where as hit only effects autos after 8%. Just because auto-attack is dealing the highest %, you can't ignore the other abilities you are using, not to mention crit stacking gives you higher uptime on Flurry, and therefore more auto-attacks.

Helgebroed
04-27-2011, 03:53 AM
Hmm, I reforged all my haste to mastery with last patch, then this should be reforged to hit?

Bung
04-27-2011, 09:45 AM
The way to reforge is get crit on all your gear first ignoring everything else. Once you are done reforge your expertise cap (26) then reforge everything else hit. Str>expertise 6.5%>hit 8%>Crit>hit above 8%>mastery>haste. This seems to be the idea as of today.

Loganisis
04-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Really, it's going to be gear dependent.

Str > hit to 8%/Expertise to 26 > Crit > Hit to 27% > Mastery > haste. Load yourself into RAWR to confirm.

If you haven't optimized your reforging and gemming, you may see hit come out slightly higher than crit (by like .04) and there may be some gear configruations where hit is slightly more valuable than crit, but generally it's going to be, once you hit the hit/exp benchmarks:

Crit > Hit > Mastery > Haste

Helgebroed
04-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Really, it's going to be gear dependent.

Str > hit to 8%/Expertise to 26 > Crit > Hit to 27% > Mastery > haste. Load yourself into RAWR to confirm.

If you haven't optimized your reforging and gemming, you may see hit come out slightly higher than crit (by like .04) and there may be some gear configruations where hit is slightly more valuable than crit, but generally it's going to be, once you hit the hit/exp benchmarks:

Crit > Hit > Mastery > Haste
it says that RAWR isn't cata ready for Fury warriors...

Loganisis
04-27-2011, 10:24 AM
it says that RAWR isn't cata ready for Fury warriors...

It isn't fully cata ready. Which means it could be wrong, but it is still helpful.

squats
04-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Use simcraft. Its very accurate. Rawr has always been the lesser of the 3 (now two.. im looking at YOU landsoul) simulators for fury warriors.

sammy134
04-27-2011, 08:27 PM
alright guys I got SOME GOOD NEWS

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mt5kvmhymuqkhbn6/sum/damageDone/?s=9&e=337

tonights world of logs raid I went arms and all I can say is WOW!

The DK is frost 2h ( the new top dps )
Mithyn the warrior is fury and I went arms for shits, Valiona is my best fight to test anything on because I just perform so well on it. 2 weeks ago I did 18.3, last week 20.3 and now 22.2. I could of have gone higher if I pre potted and did not overpower in execute phase. I accidently still overpowered in 20% which I am not supposed to. Mithy was reforging Hit > Mastery but he said he only got 0.47% hit cause his gear was really bad itemized.

Scotteq
04-28-2011, 07:54 AM
This response is evidence that Droid, indeed, Does....

...auto post from your pocket when you don't close the Tapatalk window. :P

squats
04-30-2011, 04:58 AM
well.. yeah, thats right kishore. But the discussion here is about weather we should prioritize hit over other secondary stats, and to what end.

Bung
04-30-2011, 01:15 PM
I find it really interesting that for SMF haste might be better than mastery. Also in terms of hit. Once you are expertise capped and have reforged crit on all of your gear get as much hit as possible. I still think mastery>haste for TG.