PDA

View Full Version : Healing I'm using way too much mana as a resto druid in raids.

lyok0929
04-26-2011, 03:44 AM
First, my name is Amuynaga in the Frostmourne realm.
us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/amuynaga is my armory...link
?

I've finished 7 boss fights. Strangely enough, I did very good on the recount healing charts although I couldn't do anything for the last 30 or more seconds of the boss fights because my mana ran dangerously low during this period. I ran out of mana especially quick in the boss encounter Magmaw. In this fight, I use WG every cooldown to fill up raid members' hp before the magma spew, keep lifebloom up on our parasite tank as that is the task I'm assigned to, and cast rejuvenation/efflourescene in the ranged camp everytime Magmaw uses magma spew. When I look at my mana pool after the boss is impaled by the needle for the first time, I only have 70% mana left with the boss still at 80% health.
Am I doing it wrong? Should I use Efflourescene rather than wild growth as my main healing spell? Should I be casting any rejuvs on this fight? Do I need to get better gear?

Thank you in advance, Amuynaga

If you can't access the wow armory because of the blocked traffic, please check me out in wow-heroes if you have time :(!

Ozonekiller
04-26-2011, 06:06 AM
For gearing, gemming, reforging, and even talent advise, go to http://www.AskMrRobot.com/wow/gear. Talent specs are found at http://www.AskMrRobot.com/wow/specs. Optimize after every upgrade you equip. Does wow-heroes say you're ready? I found that if I was borderline there, the Magmaw fight was extremely hard for me.

For the Magmaw fight in specific:
1. If your raid has never tried the strategy where the raid minus one parasite kiter stands in melee range of the boss, read up on it. It trivializes that fight. It's also a ton easier for healers with AoE healing responsibilities. A good kiter will need a lot less healing as well.
2. If you've glyphed Innervate, you will be using it on another another healer. It will still innervate you for 10%. I should mention that healing is very team oriented. If one healer is blowing through mana the other healers will have to blow through mana afterwards to compensate. Make sure your team has a good grasp of mana conservation and the healing assignments are not retarded.
3. Innervate when you are at 80% mana. This will get you a second or third innervate during the fight. If you haven't checked out Power Auras yet, here's a link that will educate you: http://treebarkjacket.com/2010/02/26/power-auras-exports/
4. Pop into tree on the pull or after the first head phase to get the opportunity to do so again later in the fight. Clearcasting procs from Lifeblooming the raid are amazing for mana conservation assuming you have Malfurion's Gift talented (and you should).
5. Time your Wild Growth after the AoE spew. Wild growth healing ticks are front loaded. Meaning the first few ticks will heal for more.
6. Potion of Concentration during the head phase when you are low on mana and you've got no other mana tricks.
7. It used to be that if you /sit you regain mana quicker. I honestly don't know if that's the case, but I usually /sit during the head phase anyway. :cool:
8. Also during the head phase, make sure at least one Lifebloom is cast for mana regeneration. Shaman's using Mana Tide during this phase is glorious.
9. Rejuvenation + Nourish for targets lower than 50%.
10. Wild growth should be used intelligently. If you have more that 4 targets in range that are dipping low, use it. As I said earlier, time it after the AoE spew as well.

Warboxer
04-26-2011, 07:09 AM
I can only see your balance gear, but if the item level is similar for your resto set, then definately get more reforging to spirit done, and even gem/enchant fully for it until you start to pick up some 359 epics.

Once you have gotten maybe 5+ iL359 pieces (which have spirit on), aswell as a trinket such as the Tsunami one (insane constant spirit procs), you can begin to forget about stacking pure spirit and concentrate on other stats, personally I prefer Int/Haste, and some mastery reforging.

But in answer to your question, yes, your gear is letting you down at the moment but that becomes irrelevant pretty fast as you grab some epics :)

lyok0929
04-26-2011, 08:43 AM
I can only see your balance gear, but if the item level is similar for your resto set, then definately get more reforging to spirit done, and even gem/enchant fully for it until you start to pick up some 359 epics.

Once you have gotten maybe 5+ iL359 pieces (which have spirit on), aswell as a trinket such as the Tsunami one (insane constant spirit procs), you can begin to forget about stacking pure spirit and concentrate on other stats, personally I prefer Int/Haste, and some mastery reforging.

But in answer to your question, yes, your gear is letting you down at the moment but that becomes irrelevant pretty fast as you grab some epics :)

Thank you to the first replier, I've found this Dr. Robot website you've linked me to be very, very useful. It seems like I've got some serious reforging to go on with.

But I don't see why you think the gears I'm equpping are my balance gears :/ Because I wear them for healing. Are they that bad for resto druids that they shouldn't be used?

EDIT: Note that the armory isn't completely up to date, as it is not showing that I've equipt Fading Violet sandals, the valor BOE boots, and my new Valor trinket.

EDIT2: If my English is bad and you can't understand my sentences due to bad articulation, please notify me >.<