PDA

View Full Version : DPS Fury Warrior Al Akir Heroic

arctus
04-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Hello,

i m looking for some advice. Usually i m Tank in a 10 M Hardcore raid. But for Al Akir heroic i have to do damage.

The situation is quite special. We Want Phase 1 to end as fast as possible with 6 dds. Thats why we burn bloodlust right after the pull. Target is less than 1 min for transition.

Atm i deal 30k DPS. Thats acceptable, but i feel, that i could deal quite more. (I only have second gear, no heroic items, no 4p T Set). Especially regarding the next patch, i have 2 questions:

1. Should i stay TG or go SMF? Should i focus on Mastery or on Hit? Please dont forget the above scenario.

2. I just remembered that i could use Shattering Throw. We have 1 Hunter, 2 Warrios, 1 DK. So i guess, using it, should be a great raid dps increase. But i guess, i have to time it with colossus smash?
Do you have any suggestions, when i should use it?

I would be really grateful for any advice and sorry for my bad english.

B.regards

Thegreatme
04-26-2011, 06:42 AM
1) SMF/TG really doesn't matter, the DPS ceiling is a little bit higher with SMF but you are going to see the difference in playstyles be the biggest variable in how much DPS you do. SMF is more a priority system where TG is more of a rigid rotation.

2) no matter how well you time a shattering throw is WILL be a personal DPS loss, but it will overall be a raid DPS gain, so if you are trying to maximize its effectiveness do it during heroism/lust, preferably at the beginning of it so you can get the most out of your personal cooldown stacking.

3) if you haven't discovered it already, be really mindful of your burst threat because al'akir has the dumbest threat table in the world.

4) don't forget to use inner rage, with all the possible raid damage you could be taking in p1, plus lust, you are going to need it so you aren't wasting rage by being at 100.

5) assuming the patch is today (I'm not at home so I can't check the downloader and what not) then itemize hit > mastery

captanmurdoc
04-26-2011, 03:12 PM
also one thing to add about shattering throw, make sure you arent wasting it by throwing it up at the same time as one of the other 2 warriors

arctus
04-27-2011, 04:24 AM
Your 3. point made me laugh. Because of his threat table, i really had to redefine the value of "die by the sword" talent for me. :)

Another question, with the upcoming patch. Do you know whether Arms is also viable, as DPS spec?

Pseudocide
04-27-2011, 05:02 AM
Arctus:

Yes, Arms is a viable PvE DPS spec. I have been raiding as Arms this expac (sPriest main before that), and it has always been viable in the right hands. Now with the rotation being 'dumbed down' by having Rend refresh with Mortal Strike, Arms is easier to play than ever. I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I already have, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me or post in an Arms related topic.