PDA

View Full Version : DPS Am I ready for raiding and where do I look for Warriors

bloodfortune
04-25-2011, 07:32 PM
I have all my enchants and gear gemmed, and my item lvl is 349. 349 is good for me, but some guilds might require more. My hit is 8% and my expertise is 27 on both hands, tried to get it lower but could not:(
here is my character
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/bloodfortune/simple

My questions are
-am i ready for raiding in cata?
-where do i go to look for some guilds that might need a mdps fury warrior?
-what guilds do you think i could get into?

I have raided before in wrath but i never had to look for a guild in order to raid. And some people consider cata raiding much harder than that of wrath, so maybe the requirements are more challenging.

uglie
04-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Seems like you're raid ready. Read and study the fight videos browse realm forums, recruitment threads here. Try pugging, look for those pugs that are mostly guild. Finding the correct guild is ALL up to you.

bloodfortune
04-25-2011, 08:12 PM
I had know idea there was a guild recruitment area in tankspot lol. I need to start paying attention:)

Loganisis
04-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Blood,

You are raid ready for an early progression guild. I'd suggest looking at the official wow forums for your server. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1181983/

I would caution against trying to jump too high too far, not because you can't reach there eventually, but you do have a few things that are sub-optimal in your build.

Talents -
Blitz is useless for raiding as DPS in all but the rarest of cases, and only when everything else goes belly up.
Bloodcraze is not a good talent for tanks, but is even less useful for DPS.
Furious Attacks is a PvP talent
You have both TG and SMF - this is not good, you really should pick one or the other.
You don't have 3/3 in Battletrance, Deep Wounds, or 2/3 in Incite as a TG warrior (since you have 2 2-handers equiped). And you don't have any points in Rude Interruption but you do have a point in Piercing Howl.

Glyphs:
You're missing a major glyph

Reforging:
Crit is the best stat for warriors you can reforge into. Yet you have pieces without crit. Unless you absolutely need to reforge into hit or exp to hit 8% or 26, you should reforge into Crit and then Hit (since by the time you read this, 4.1 will probably have dropped, so the stat priority will be STR > hit to 8%/Exp to 26 > Crit > Hit > Mastery > Haste

For example, the boar should have it's mastery reforged into Crit.

Enchant: Missing your cloak enchant

What I would suggest is:

A) In the Damage forum, at the top, Thegreatme has a Cataclysmic Fury guide stickied. I would read it. It will explain a lot of the logic behind why things are done the way they are.

Applying to a guild is not just about gearing the way elitiestjerks or tankspot or maintankadin says to, that will get your app read, but to get into a further progressing guild, you'll need to understand why. TGM's guide is very useful :D

B) RAWR (google RAWR and ej and you should find the link) or askmrrobot.com (did I spell that right) will help you with reforging optimally, but it's not just reforging optimally, it's understanding why.

C) Watch all the vids here at tankspot, they are a great resource. In your apps, say you aren't experienced but you've watched the videos, and be ready to admit to what you don't know, but how you've tried to find out.

D) Ariedan wrote a great guide on the process of apping to most progression guilds. http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?36277-How-To-Get-Accepted-Into-Any-Guild it's worth reading.

E) Don't be afraid to pug, sometime just heroics in trade. That's a good way of finding people.

F) If you do app to a stronger, progression-oriented guild, if they make their apps public, read what they've said to other applicants so you know what type of questions they ask.

Finally:

G) Use /combatlog and create an account at WoL and a fake guild (I call mine 'review' since it's just for me to review my logs). If you want help discecting your ability usage (read TGM's Fury guide first!), posting the logs will help tremendously to increase the quality of the asnwers recieved.

Good luck :)

bloodfortune
04-26-2011, 08:59 AM
lol i need to look at my talents more, thanks for the help:)