PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Please tell me if my gear / reforge / chant direction is wrong

zevel
04-24-2011, 06:25 AM
well, with all the mastery , parry dodge , STA... hit exp is confusing me.. i read alot and ended up with the aim to 102% total of parry + dodge + mastery.
im starting to get set on a decent set of gear but for some reason something doesnt feel right. was hoping on posting my armory link and maybe get a clue if im going right direction with all the enchants and mastery etc...

what should my goal be as a protection tank ( gear / reforge / enchant wise ) ?

Armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/crafted/simple

Ishamaelazure
04-24-2011, 08:11 AM
hi i had same question (well near enough) will link the post for you to look at everything you need is in there
http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?74917-Am-I-made-out-of-marshmallow

hope this hlps

zevel
04-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the post Ishamael. Going to give that a try with the reforge / gem directioning

Ishamaelazure
04-24-2011, 09:51 AM
np just passing on guidance i had end of day ;)

zevel
04-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Well i made some changes, but still feels like taking alot of dmg, take a look at my armory link, tell me what u think

Rigwarl
04-28-2011, 06:05 AM
Neck: Undo reforge
Back: Undo reforge, add +250 armor enchant
Bracer: Reforge Expertise -> Mastery
Weapon: Enchant
Shield: Reforge hit -> Parry or dodge
Belt: Undo reforge
Legs: Reforge Hit -> Mastery
Boots: Gem Parry(or dodge)/Mastery (Reforging away expertise while adding an expertise gem?)
Ring 2(Felsen's): Undo reforge
Trinket 2(Blood): Replace, your hp is very low... Trinket from heroic Stonecore (Leaden Despair) is a definite upgrade.

Telling you what to fix is one thing, but I am sure you want to know at least some of the methodology. In general, I would say get to 150k hp unbuffed (No kings), then focus on mitigation. Keep parry and dodge as close to each other as you can, but at no point start to go for dps stats, threat is nowhere near an issue except the first few seconds of a pull, and you can just pop wings there. Dropping avoidance stats for threat stats will make you squishy very quickly(At least in lower levels of gear). So get 1 stam trinket, maybe gem for a little bit of stam just to get over the 150k hump (More for raiding then heroics, but still) then stack mastery and keep dodge/parry as close as you can while not putting anything extra into threat stats.