PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Getting aggro too often. Enhance Shaman

Rickess
04-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Can't find anything about this, so maybe I'm just DPS hungry. :confused:

I seem to pull aggro from the tank in a lot of instances. I have Omen, but even at 80% threat, if I stop attacking, I still pull aggro. Omen is up to date, and I have low latency.
Was wondering about WF proccing extra 3 hits, even if I stop attacking, (Magmaw, as head comes up, pulled aggro, 1 shotted :(), or if it all happens at the instant it procs?
Various other times too, not sure whether WF procs stop if I stop attacking.
Also, do Enh Shamans still have the seemingly added +threat from totems?
Sorry if I missed a post about this, but I tried to find something about it, and failed :o

Thanks in advance (for redirecting, answering, etc.)
Rickess

Griff
04-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Not sure about your other threat problems, but Magmaw's funny when his head comes up. Our guild tanks have found that if the tank doesn't reposition after being gnoshed that melee tends to get whacked and its not really related to threat.

Meshuggah
04-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Honestly, it's always good to let whatever tank you are with to establish good threat right off the bat. If you feel that the tank still can't keep threat, I would keep Wind Shear available and use it every time you are threatening to pull off the tank. Since we do not have a threat dump, it's just about keeping a close eye on your threat and knowing when not to Lava Lash the mob/boss's face off.

Magmaw can kill you on the way up after he has been grounded. That's one thing. If he is targeting you in the middle of the fight, the tank is not holding threat.

Reev
04-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Not sure about your other threat problems, but Magmaw's funny when his head comes up. Our guild tanks have found that if the tank doesn't reposition after being gnoshed that melee tends to get whacked and its not really related to threat.

Even if the tank repositions right after the expose phase, you have 1 micro millisecond to get your taunt in before Magmaw hits a random person in melee range. You aren't pulling aggro. You're just getting whacked because the tank doesn't yet have aggro. The only way I know of to avoid this is to stay out of melee range until it starts hitting the tank. If you're at appropriate item level gear, though, you should have the health pool to take that hit.

Raiju
04-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Regarding magmaw, we had the same issue in my guild, but found a way to get past it: before each mangle, the 2nd magmaw tank taunts, and the magmaw tank who is about to get mangled taunts back immediatly. We never had a melee get attacked by magmaw since we started doing this.

Pacans
04-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Regarding Magmaw - if You want to attack as Head get`s up Tank have to have good latency. I had this issue once when I was slacking and did not taunted at same sec. So if You don`t trust Your tank take few yards off head and let tank at least taunt it.
If its happening all the time and not only on Magmaw where boss drops aggro table maybe tank should check expertise cap. I did not had any problems with aggro up to ~25k as DK on different bosses at start.