PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Warrior Tanking, DPS and PVP simple questions for those just starting out

Contravene
04-21-2011, 10:26 AM
I wanted to build a second tank and I settled on a Druid tank because I already have the Paladin Tank even though I knew I wanted a Warrior it is too much like the Paladin I already have. But I want to build a Warrior not a Druid so soon I lost interest failing to just start the Warrior instead. But I can’t stop thinking about my nonexistent Warrior so I got him started he is level 10 and I saved for the heirlooms + guild cloak for exp bonus in the last couple days finally. Here are the questions already lolz

What level would you begin to tank with him?
Where do I learn about Warrior tanking? (Paladin’s have Theck and failsafedesign)
What DPS spec will I choose Fury? Where might I learn about that?
PVP is the same spec? Any link for Warrior PVP? “Uber excited to PVP him”

MellvarTank
04-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Well there is more than a few questions here.... You can tank at any level. The new talent trees have given you a good amount of tools to tank with starting at level 10.

There is a warrior tank primer here, other than that any of the wrath "This is your rotation" threads are still accurate. It's a little tougher when you don't have a full prot tree, but basically shield slam and cleave your way to victory!

You can choose either fury or arms, it doesn't really matter.

PvP will require different talents from PvE. I can't give you too much guidance here other than read your talents and any mobility or healing or control talents are going to be of more benefit in PvP.

Contravene
04-21-2011, 10:48 AM
I saw the Warrior tank primer here this morning that is awesome. Thanks also I realize the question for PVE/PVP dps would be between Arms and Fury so I suppose I will have to set out to decide which I prefer. Levels fly by much to quickly for me to tank at level 10 so I believe I will wait til about level 40+ since these levels are easily achieved.

I am so excited lolz

Insahnity
04-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Tankspot, although it caters to all tanks, was in the start a warrior tank place. It has expanded its welcome to the other tanks as they became viable in TBC and DKs in WOTLK. But it's always favoured warrior tanks slightly due to its roots.

For leveling, you should either go prot or dps, but not worry about both until you can dualspec. Really, any spec works if you put the time in to learn it properly.