PDA

View Full Version : Tanking gear check for warrior tank

Bung
04-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Tanking is my offspec but I'm a perfectionist. I want some high end advice on my gear. I know my spec is for tanking nef adds. I want advice on my gear. Is 160k unbuffed enough health to gem all mastery like I'm doing. Any advice pro warrior tanks?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Area-52/Bungholiolio/advanced

klausi
04-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Gear looks pretty good to me, you can push for 1-2% more parry if you want to (=higher hold the line uptime). Belt: puissant + jc gem, grab the socket bonus.

160k unbuffed is more then enough for normal modes (obviously) and your hitpoints will raise automatically with your ilvl on heroic progression. For the later stages of progression (Nef/Cho'gall) it's a tad to low from my experience.. but until you reach them 4.1 should be released and everything has changed in our favor ;)

Glyphs: furious sundering doesn't apply to Devastate, replace it with demo shout. And i'd replace either command or battle (depending on your regular setup) with berserker rage for another 5 rage every so often.

Zaitochi
04-21-2011, 12:26 AM
I agree with the Furious Sundering Glyph as that is more effective if you are the Sunder Bot and it fills out pretty well for a DPS offspec Tank at least in my case. The other minors you can choose to use whatever you want I personally use Command, Demo and Int Shout.

Bung
04-21-2011, 02:11 AM
So If i planned to tank heroic modes should I re-gem enough stam to get to around like 165k? Thanks for the advise btw. Exactly what I was looking to read.

klausi
04-21-2011, 06:43 AM
What heroic modes you're going to tank? You've already cleared quite a few and for Maloriak, Valiona, Conclave and Omnotron you won't need more than what you've got right now. For heroic end bosses you'll either need to regem or collect some items (gearing towards 372 adds another 15k ish naturally).

Bung
04-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Alright so from what you wrote I'm geared correctly to tank heroic halfus for example. I can tank certain heroics but until I get some level 372 tank gear I won't be able to tank chogall and nef on heroic. Thanks a bunch.